Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I’m jealous of anyone playing Y0 for the first time. There is just so much to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Beat 0 this morning and it was the best game I’ve ever played I think. Gonna beat HW2 then jump into LAD or Kiwami. Currently browsing Etsy to see if I can get a clan pin to put on my dog’s collar.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I like and beat all of them but is the general consensus y0 > k2 > k1? I thought 1 was easily the weakest with the most forgettable story.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yakuza 1 is the weakest of the three because it’s a remake of the original PS2 game and therefore has lesser side content and sub stories. Majima Everywhere also quickly becomes tedious. But 0 makes the story retroactively have more punch. It’s not bad, but it’s followed by a remake of 2 on a brand new engine which was already one of the best games in the series.

Anyway I just beat 7 and that game whips. Got some Earthbound vibes from it as well, like the equipment and descriptions of the enemy attacks and poo poo like that.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Really want to get back into 0 but steam streaming it to my 1080p@60fps TV is giving me a headache like theres some kind of micro stuttering.
The source PC has a 144hz 1440p monitor but I don't want to sit at my desk.

The imps dilemma aka "impasse"

SpaceAceJase fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 29, 2020

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

obsessed with ichiban holdings minigame lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Dongicus posted:

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1330688514128826373?s=19

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Dongicus posted:

I gotta give it another try, it didn't grab me like the Club Cabaret. I taught myself koi koi and oicho kabu and I can pretty much double my money in both after playing for a bit so that's usually how I get cash. I'm kinda convinced the AI on Oicho Kabu and Koi Koi isn't that good because the devs figured it'd be ridiculous for normal people to learn those games and get the achievements tied to them otherwise. The mahjong AI seems legit though.

Speaking of club cabaret the fake Mariah Carey song that plays in the menu with the terrible english lyrics rules.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7gzFBnfRfo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Ichiban Holdings thing was information overload for me at the start but gets a lot easier when you realize the shareholder meetings are just a fancied up version of Rock Paper Scissors. Red beats green, green beats blue, blue beats red.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

American McGay posted:

The Ichiban Holdings thing was information overload for me at the start but gets a lot easier when you realize the shareholder meetings are just a fancied up version of Rock Paper Scissors. Red beats green, green beats blue, blue beats red.

I always do well at the shareholder meetings but bleed money for the rest of the quarter. Maybe I upgraded my poo poo too fast without having skilled enough staff to run it? I don't really understand it

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

if the meters are blue then you're fine, it'll turn a profit. the goal is to phase out old businesses for more profitable ones. i usually picked whichever business had the higher numbers in the sales volume

oh and you can recruit better guys from around the city thru side-stories or having character stats

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

buy low, sell high. supply and demand baby

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Took down Club Mercury tonight.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Seltzer posted:

I gotta give it another try, it didn't grab me like the Club Cabaret. I taught myself koi koi and oicho kabu and I can pretty much double my money in both after playing for a bit so that's usually how I get cash. I'm kinda convinced the AI on Oicho Kabu and Koi Koi isn't that good because the devs figured it'd be ridiculous for normal people to learn those games and get the achievements tied to them otherwise. The mahjong AI seems legit though.

Speaking of club cabaret the fake Mariah Carey song that plays in the menu with the terrible english lyrics rules.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7gzFBnfRfo

Fake Love is better, a bit less creepy. It’s the background music when you are just walking around the club

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just when I thought I was done they go and pull me back in...

(extremely minor Y7 postgame content spoiler)

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

chapter 12 yakuza 7 holy gently caress that majima+saejima boss fight :stonk:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Dongicus posted:

chapter 12 yakuza 7 holy gently caress that majima+saejima boss fight :stonk:

Do the battle arena if it’s giving you trouble, fixed me right up.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Brass Hand posted:

I’m jealous of anyone playing Y0 for the first time. There is just so much to do.

It was my first time playing a Yakuza game. I stopped a racket of schoolgirls selling underwear, led by another schoolgirl.
Later i would hire her for my real estate empire.

Yakuza rules.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

It was my first time playing a Yakuza game. I stopped a racket of schoolgirls selling underwear, led by another schoolgirl.

Yakuza rules.

I just did this last night too. Schoolgirls should not be selling their panties in this gamers opinion!

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Yakuza rules.

I helped a fake Michael Jackson shoot a fake Thriller video and then hired him for my real estate empire.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yak0 ftmfw. The only thing I'm not enjoying is the fishing, but there's only 2 substories that have required it so far. Putting that off til much later/possibly never

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Sometimes fishing is good, but not usually worth it.

a Loving Dog posted:

I just did this last night too. Schoolgirls should not be selling their panties in this gamers opinion!

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 30, 2020

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
i played the dominatrix mission with my wife's foreign grandma in the room

i dont understand how much more content this game can possibly have. i only just beat oda at the tachibana hq and i feel like i am hours in

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Yakuza 0 ties together Kiryu and Majima's separate plot threads in such an incredible way. I was wondering the whole time how/why they'd come together and it's done so expertly

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The can collecting mini game in Y7 is actually ridiculously fun. I played it like twice during the tutorial and never really went back to it until I was wrapping up my 100% stuff and I ended up playing it for like 40 minutes.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i havent gotten very far in 7 yet but i believe it to be ftw

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I breezed through all the exams at the university even though some of them have odd/difficult questions. The only ones I remember retaking are the yakuza lore one and the two Sega ones. I've now failed the final exam 5 times for 500k yen because you have to get a 5/5 on it and there's always one or two random sega questions inserted in there. It's driving me nuts. I will NOT cheat. That would be a indefensible.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The later chapters in 0 kinda beeline you towards the story objectives since there isn't much else to do aside from that, if anything. So I've made it up to chapter 16 & will likely finish the story tomorrow :madmax:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Heehee at 4am: Wow. You must be speedrunning the story or something. How could you possibly surpass me while I spend 12 hours a day playing BLops Zombies using a controller on my pc?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah that's real funny. I'm actually laughing too.

Also all the kingdom hearts games went on game pass so I got distracted.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
i like the business management game in like a dragon but some of properties when they are maxed out dont pay out as much as others and you dont find this out til you dropped the $$$ on it. then you gotta sell and try another one, kinda bummed but maybe im just doing something wrong.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm not sure if there's a surefire way to tell how much profit a business will make. You can see the upgrades available before purchasing it (the little indicators) but actual returns seem varied. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just buy the most expensive place you can afford and upgrade it so that everything is blue and you'll make good money.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yakuza 0. 10/10.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K90yf6y4bDE

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeStHdKJ4uQ

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Any photo evidence of real Yakuza using gamepads?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

at most i remember this https://boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html but i think theres a reason there arent pictures lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
M: I like the fact that you power up by eating real food. Shio ramen gives you a lot of power — CC Lemon, not as much. It all makes sense.
S: The breaded pork cutlet bento box is like mega power. More than ramen. That's accurate.
K: If they had shabu (crystal meth) as a power-up item, that would be realistic. It's a yakuza game.

drat that article rules lol.