Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

at most i remember this https://boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html but i think theres a reason there arent pictures lol

The reason is that this article was made up, I’m afraid.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My favorite sub story was Kiryu accidentally introducing consumption tax to some guy in a bar and then doing the FFFFFUUUUU face when my favorite Japanese dollar store closed down irl because of it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

they should do one set in the 50s/60s.

There was a cool gangster politician in Japan around that time who loved bribes too much and went to jail, but for some reason everyone in Japan thought he was awesome and voted him PM anyway. He ended up having to resign because of the aforementioned thirst for non-stop bribes/corruption and kept annoying the government with his powerful faction.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Even after he had a stroke during his corruption trial and was basically a vegetable he won his seat by the biggest margin in Japan. I learned about him from one of my old students who was tearfully telling me about the historical figure she admired the most.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ftw

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

Kiryu doing the "this is loving awesome" face.

He’s doing the everybody quoting me face.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i keep finding phone cards and i have no idea what to do with them. :confused:

this is still fun, though. i cleared hard mode for all the disco songs and won a disco battle, then i decided to clear the menu so i drank like five drinks and took my drunk rear end to sega to lose at the crane game 100 times and get my rear end handed to me in space harrier.

Plug the names into google and unzip your shorts.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The tax Majima invented loving sucks and everyone in Japan hates it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fungah! posted:

you can huck idiots off the bridge or over th river fence in sotenbori and it absolutely fuckin rules

Cant oyu do this in 0 too?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol, that one is so good

I kinda wish I stuck around to finish up the rest of the sidequests in 0 but at the same time, I kinda knew if I didn't move on I'd never complete this series

trust your gamer instincts

I felt the opposite. I didn’t vibe with the story and basically shelved the game for 3 years when I completed every side quest.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

Kiryu: Hm. I see. But even though your nickname no longer gives you an advantage, that's no reason to quit. I can't say I know much about stereo blindness, but your team is counting on you. Practice and hard work coukd improve your stance, and some day you may get a new nickname, maybe one that is less openly insulting.

Gustavo: Hey! Are you trying to get Statue back on the team? Are you trying to make us lose? Get the bats, everyone. It's time to give this loser the Minor League welcome!

*Threatening Foreigners*

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Can’t wait to finish with persona 5 and get through Kiwami one so I can play hostess in Kiwami 2 for 100 hours.