Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hermetian
Dec 9, 2007

Donkringel posted:

I think the vast majority of Dominions games I have watched the winner diplo's their way out of early hell wars, snaps up provinces of opportunity and then makes a good grab at the end. Lillis lp with builds being the most noticeable exception.

Every mage turn spent fighting is a mage turn not spent researching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetian
Dec 9, 2007

Technowolf posted:

Quadruple water throne claim is some inspired tactics, Turtle.

Secretly I'm hoping it fails so we get to see more ridiculous endgame battlemagic.

Hermetian
Dec 9, 2007

FilthIncarnate posted:

i cannot emphasize enough how delicate this strategy is, yes

At this point in the game, what was your Plan B?

Hermetian
Dec 9, 2007
Something I learned from playing the board game Diplomacy is how important it is to spend a lot of time talking to everybody. Even if you just backstabbed someone, keep talking to them. Making plans with everyone is how you avoid getting dogpiled.

Thanks filth/Turtle for showing the chats; it would have looked like a totally different game otherwise.