Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
I haven't played in dom5 with the thrones and stuff. Is the wiki article on turn order accurate, and throne claiming happens before even ritual battles? Because that makes it seem like this would be hard to stop, unless some other nation is either psychic or gets lucky with their current submitted orders.

Well, I guess the True Pro Move would be to check the thrones to see if commanders are mysteriously vanishing in a puff of violence and take advantage but who does that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

my dad posted:

The claiming happens at the start, but the actual check if all the thrones are claimed is at the end of the turn (if a throne violently changes ownership, it's automatically unclaimed), so you have exactly 1 turn to react. Unless the enemy can cast an instant fortress spell, in which case you're hosed.

Ah, that seems saner. I read it as the throne staying claimed until someone else sent in their own H3 to nab it and the claiming happening before you had any chance of evicting the enemy priest, in which case a sudden mass grab like this would be super hard to counter.

Are there instant cast fortresses other than the deep blood one where you summon a million imps to build one in seconds? :black101: I'm behind on modern competitive theology mapgaming.