Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

Wow nice job ignoring the VERY VALUABLE Abysian contribution to the war against TC by stealing a fat chunk of his core lands while everyone else is busy doing the hard work, and then cautiously sitting in a corner picking his nose until he's sure everyone else has taken the risks.

At this point in the game who were you most actively plotting against?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I think the vast majority of Dominions games I have watched the winner diplo's their way out of early hell wars, snaps up provinces of opportunity and then makes a good grab at the end. Lillis lp with builds being the most noticeable exception.

Of course this is purely confirmation bias which is the most powerful thing in Dominions anyway.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

FilthIncarnate posted:

looking at it now i bet all the public chatlogs are almost incomprehensible to an outsider, since everyone had their festive halloween name changes

i'll have to trust the sophistication of my audience :shrug:

I was trying to figure out why Ramc became a ghost in discord, thank you.

By the way, tried out the flying brick strategy in a test game. Pretty fun. Been slamming mind hunts, earth attacks and amphibious kydnid attacks all day long.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Is there ever a reason not to put a flying thug in the far back, buff, then attack rear? Assuming you aren't hitting any counter thug mages or cav you're separating the main army from the commanders and then your thug has much less to deal with.

Super weird those thugs just floated face first into javs (unless those guys don't fly at all and I just missed that).
Edit: No they fly, just being lazy I guess.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Thugs are cool as long as they're rooting around in enemy nation innards away from the main doomstacks. Their lunch should only be PD. As soon as they hit a competent response (Scripted mage, counterthugs, one plucky lad that exploding die stabs the thug in the brain) they're game over. At best they retreat with a few afflictions and don't route into an enemy province.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in Dom3 forts were not required for collecting taxes right? If that's the case then thugs pulled double duty back then because it would deny gold and give it to you, and then you could pump taxes to 200 so that when the provs were taken back they had an angry populace.

WRT Eyes of God:

1) It can be useful if you're willing to deep search everyone's province, say for something like a discount site and point that out to the world.
2) Showing graphs paints the leader of the pack with a target on their back, unless they can diplo dance away a dogpile.
3) Try not to cast it with your pretender if they need eyes, although the counterspell is funny as gently caress.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Question about consigleire Ramc.

Are screenshots being shared or just logging into the game to take a look at what is going on?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Why does anyone ever make deals with Purple at this point?

I would assume some form of mild gambling addiction where the prize is sending a flaming pile of purple in the general direction of you enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Great LP, glad I was along for the ride.

Also about FI win status.

The most important part of being a dominions veteran is having 5 people come at you with rusty knives on turn 8 in order to make sure you don't eat them first. It is the crown of coronation for all big leaguers.