Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Kobal2 posted:

Marverni has half-decent cap sacreds AND summonable ones that both have the downside of going into battle almost naked so the prot bless can justify itself beyond making King Pig more durable. Larger OTOH... well I guess it also helps the Great Boars commanders thugging it out, albeit at the cost of loving both the human sacreds and the littler piggies over.

Yeah, also on paper Sauro has both a) expensive but very good cap troops/mages that make scales attractive and b) bad magic path intensity outside of death (and nature 2) so a god that can sitesearch a decent starter income in all the paths they have only 1 on their native mages is a decent idea as it can then go back to the lab, forge a few boosters to start the mooks remote sitesearching in earnest and get a lot of different balls rolling at once. Maybe imprisoned is too late for that though, idk

Marverni Warriors of Carnutes have Pretty Good Prot for EA. And Larger is part of the standard boar swarm bless so that you don't bounce off size 3 units.

Imprisoned is 36 turns. That's halfway through the game. You're not getting your ball rolling until everyone else is mostly down the hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Yes. If your thug is supposed to blast the enemy pd with big aoe evocations instead of stab them to death, then range matters.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

FilthIncarnate posted:

can you guys do some theorycrafting or something until the page turns over

edit: nevermind

They won't kill armies by their lonesome, but a solo Agarthan Ancient Lord equipped with a 2h Sword of Sharpness, Black Steel Helmet, and Black Steel Full Plate (all trinkets) can take down 8 enemy humanoids before going down. All in one hit each. Sun Tzu's Art of War has some vague, but interesting things to say with regards to this. It's a pretty short read, I highly recommend it.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

TravelLog posted:

Hmmm... is it "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt"? Or perhaps "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?"

FWIW, my Dominion's maxim of choice from the Art of War is definitely "Convince your enemy that he will gain very little by attacking you; this will diminish his enthusiasm."

I'm not an expert of the Art Of War, but I'm pretty sure there are some bits about logistics and not wasting resources on suicide mission boondoggles. For example, each of those "trinkets" assigned to the Ancient Lord who will maybe kill 10 regular infantry could buy one or two of the Earth Attacks that are Turtle's key to winning the whole game.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 9, 2021

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

That was very smooth dealing

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

I'm definitely expecting at least one final problem

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

2500 gold in the treasury and you didn't even put one point of PD into the thrones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Ramc posted:

I do feel like since we started the podcast thing players have been less inclined to let me get away with my most egregious bullshit at least.

A Dominions podcast?