Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
The big source of diminishing returns is when you're stacking natural prot on top of armor. Like, if you somehow gave that boar blacksteel armor (~20 prot) then its total prot would go from 36 natural prot to something like 37 or maybe 38.

I think Sauro's rainbow actually looks fine. There are plenty of nations where rainbows aren't really going to be viable but sacred cav is usually a good vehicle for them and it's a pretty well designed bless without a lot of dead weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kobal2 posted:

Agreed. I'd probably rather take middling good scales and a middling good sleepy nerd over imprisoned super good scales super rainbow.

:same:

The disdain towards rainbows is a lot more applicable to imprisoned rainbows than dormant ones: usually you run out of really good things to spend points on and wind up with 200 extra points of "well gee, I guess this would be nice to have maybe" that doesn't substantially help you. Trimming your build down to what you need and getting an extra 2 years of site searching, forging, big spells etc. is usually a very worthwhile trade in my experience.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

luck scales seem really good? i think this is the first LP I've seen em in and you keep getting good events? is there a reason everyone usually tanks them (i think)?

In vanilla Dom5 luck scales are pretty weak and experienced players frequently take misfortune because the penalty is not huge. The most popular mod in the SA community increase the effects of luck/misfortune considerably so luck is fairly popular around here. Some people still don't like them because they're unreliable, though; you might get a big windfall, you might get jack poo poo.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I think a lot of the issues with Ys are structural problems with how water nations work. People apparently like them in other, less enlightened Dom5 communities that do not understand the terrible truth of water nations.