Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

goatface posted:

Do Agartha have any good expansion options with the mod? Olms with blockers are fine, but expensive and with hard counters.

Troglodyte lords with trinket-level armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ramc posted:

I've had at least one game get derailed because I could not for the life of me get a vital gem type income going despite searching every drat province at A3 or A4 as MA Caelum. I was swinging 3 air gems a turn by the mid-late game and it killed me

Wait, not finding any income for your main gem type is abnormal?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Quadruple water throne claim is some inspired tactics, Turtle.

my dad posted:

Yomi, for example, can do this with Dai Oni, though the sort of bless they'd need for this kinda encourages you to also have an awake pretender.

I used an Oni Shugo with Fear and Awe as an awake expander (after some research) and to make Dai Oni able to take on indies.

Kinda falls apart vs players though

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

FilthIncarnate posted:

you can't.

thugs are a holdover from like dom3, when they apparently made sense due to a bunch of mechanics working differently. those mechanics shifted but people still try to make them work.

outside of like, a very few nations, thugs are basically a waste of time and resources.

they can be fun but they're not good.

Thugs, heavy duty chassis with a few pieces of gear, can still be used effectively as raiders against light PD.

Super combatants, big chassis with lots of high-end gear designed to take on entire armies and win, are a lot less effective since they changed how elemental resistances work (from a percentage reduction to a flat reduction), but can still be used with the right chassis, the right gear, and the right research and can no longer solo late game armies with mage support.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kurvi Tasch posted:

In one of his recent youtube LPs Mu really made his Phlegran Tyrants do some heavy lifting (pun intended, it's worth watching just for the naming gimmik).

Yeah, Phlegran Tyrants are one of the few vanilla chassis that can be SCs/heavy thugs.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I have tried multiple games to use freespawn Pan and have been disappointed every time. Pangaea, at least the version in the mod the Ruby Discord uses, is much better played as either a full hellbless nation (quickness/regen/blood bond) or full scales and just pump out a zillion centaurs and satyrs.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I think having two thrones in water provinces actually worked out to Kailasa's favor immensely since they're one of the few land nations that can easily go underwater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I'm glad you remembered the most important part of Dominions: naming your important commanders silly things in case they show up in the messages.