Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

He seems pretty good as an expander for the EA (19 prot is plenty against Joe Spearman), but I'd be wary of sending him off without a token hat. Also quiet lol at these scales for EA Ermor. Winter's going to be fun for you.

EA Ermor has healers, IIRC. Get those old mages whipped back into shape by summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
It's always better to be lucky and good than just good.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Xerophyte posted:

I haven't played in dom5 with the thrones and stuff. Is the wiki article on turn order accurate, and throne claiming happens before even ritual battles? Because that makes it seem like this would be hard to stop, unless some other nation is either psychic or gets lucky with their current submitted orders.

Well, I guess the True Pro Move would be to check the thrones to see if commanders are mysteriously vanishing in a puff of violence and take advantage but who does that?

I mean, the true pro move would be to knock over the thrones and fort them up so nobody can just waltz in and grab them. That's 7 unclaimed thrones, which seems like a lot.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Purplebeard posted:

This has been an entertaining and enlightening read. That throne rush was truly inspired.

Literally divinely inspired

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

FilthIncarnate posted:

i feel like this is a bitter pill for many dominions players, since they want to do the fun fighty stuff and run units into each other

but ironically it turns out to be much better if everyone else fights each other while you quietly pursue your goals

Which is a shame, because the whole point of the dominions series is to answer the question posed by the developers; who would win in a fight between Jesus and Odin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

rzal posted:

This is funny because they created a game wherein, with their base stats, they would both lose to a surprisingly small number of the weakest units in the game. It feels like the thesis of the game is that if we all band together quickly enough we could easily dethrone and kill God before they ruin the world with swarms of vampires and demons and wishes for Armageddon.