Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Absolutely love me some ape nations, so I'm very curious to see how this plays out. Godspeed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Awake expanders are overrated. I can't think of a single game in which I've taken one. Give me those extra build points for better scales, porfa.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Kobal2 posted:

Agreed. I'd probably rather take middling good scales and a middling good sleepy nerd over imprisoned super good scales super rainbow.

I used to take Imprisoned Pretenders often, and would get excited about my great scales and late game mega bless. I also wondered why I did so poorly in most games!

Dormant is the way.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I'll only ever take a single point of Death scale, and that only because there are at least 3 Thrones that have +1 Growth.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I won a game with a thunder weapons + luck Yomi build and it was loving great.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Tulip posted:

somebody mind explaining what the deal is with lucky yomi, mechanically speaking?

Yomi has a variety of Sacred summons that synergize well with Luck. Shikome are naked berserker demon women with 2 magical attacks whose big downside is being kind of a glass cannon. There are 2 types of Tengu to summon, which are basically a human samurai guy with a katana and wearing clothes, who can hurl a single lighting bolt each battle but then have to fly into melee combat to continue fighting. Again, these guys are pretty OK except they die in droves.

Luck helps you again with your cap only Dai Oni mega mages. Luck is a great buff to have on guys you'll probably use to do some raiding or maybe thug out for battles.

e: oh if you don't know what Luck does: a unit (not undead tho) buffed with Luck has a 75% chance to ignore a killing blow in battle. This buff is maximally useful on sacreds that don't have great defenses and subsequently will be receiving killing blows all the time.

How are u fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 21, 2020

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Kobal2 posted:

I have no notion how, or more importantly why to play Yomi in Dom5.
The changes they made to the nation make it feel like you're running with concrete shoes and a lead prince Albert.

The community standard JBBM mod makes Yomi both cool and good and also fun to play, mainly by buffing your freespawn to the point that they're truly terrifying in your own domain through the mid-game, and also by slightly buffing Yomi magic access through some additions to mages, which lets you consistently use your national summons.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
:doh:

trillwinter!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Blood Bond is a terrible Lanka bless, believe me I have been there and suffered the humiliating consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I aim to win, but find that often I lose.