Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
To me, the strengths of Banjo-Kazooie's gameplay are in its compact and appealing environments and moderate difficulty. If you were curious and persistent you could find and complete everything in the game, with the notes smoothly guiding you towards content. But the only level in this romhack that gave me that same feeling was Kakariko Village. Every other level feels like it had some aggravating snag that disrupted progression. Overall, its levels are much larger and more dangerous, jumping demands much more precision, and there's awful bee swarm and Whipcrack placement everywhere to stress you out. I get that this is a mod for fans who are very familiar with the game, but I think Kurko overdid it.

Banjo-Kazooie's other strengths are its pleasantly chunky world and character design, distinctive soundtrack, and silly writing. This romhack looks very nice for an N64 game and uses its OoT assets and custom assets well. The soundtrack and writing are spot on, too. I think Kurko did a terrific job here.

Overall, this looks like a constant seesaw of delight and frustration. If only the map size and difficulty were reined in...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU