Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Seems to me that Nat is allergic to looking around. Instead, opting to pick the most difficult way to go and being utterly convinced it's the intended path.

And before you say C-up doesn't work: you need to be standing perfectly still and Banjo takes a sec to actually stand still once you let go of the stick. And you can absolutely look around with C-up while transformed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

White Coke posted:

There seem to be a lot of Romhacks made for people who know how to break the base game over their knees so that the seemingly impossible route is the intended, and only, one.

This one isn't really like that, though. Some jumps are a bit tight, but I wouldn't call it Romhack Hard™.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Did you know those bees do not let up, the baby dodongo can't outrun them AND they just straight up merc you while you're desperately trying to get Brentilda to heal you? Patching to version 1.3 is really a big up in quality of life.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Bird Cliff loving sucks and Mark Kurko should feel bad about adding it to his hack.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The forest temple in this hack is so good.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Geemer posted:

The forest temple in this hack is so good.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Quackles posted:

I admit I love the RAT A TAT RAP NOT HERE puzzle. :allears:

It's great, but it really confused me for a while. The message in the well is pretty swell too.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Natural 20's allergy to the C-up button unsurprisingly makes the dungeon all about using it harder.

The puzzle's pretty clever and I wish I had a deck of Zelda cards like this.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

That climb to the Dark Link room is such a pain. I never found another way to get up there other than try a dozen times with the talon trot.

I'm honestly surprised you managed to not break the heart while still getting the Jiggy from it.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Quackles posted:

Note that the waterfall pit is not a warp pit. If you fall in there, you lose all your notes and have to start the level over!

Procrastine posted:

I'm not ashamed to say I looked up the intended solution for the slope room when I played this. It involves knowing about a weird quirk of steep surfaces where starting a backflip quickly after landing lets you jump off without sliding, which lets you get a bit more height than Talon Trot jumping and barely reach the ledges. Very well telegraphed, thanks Kurko

:wow: That's bullshit!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Quackles posted:

Niiice.

One thing I think the game doesn't signpost properly is that on that path of stone columns, the bottom-most stone has a hidden switch on it. There's probably a hint for that, but I never found it.

Brentilda tells you to check out what Procrastine said.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Quackles posted:

Yeah, I looked around in there and still didn't find it '^_^

Not gonna lie, it took me forever to find as well.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

This one was the first hidden stage I found and I absolutely love the design. The jiggies are kinda too well hidden in the hidden stages, if you ask me.
I had to resort to the museum's final hints to find any of them. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'm pretty sure the five notes you missed were on the know-it-all brothers' house, directly to the right of the Kokiri training ground.

You simply didn't look in that direction while close enough for the notes to be within draw distance.

Thanks for showing this off this mod and introducing me to it.