Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

This hack is really quite good. Doesn't even need a 'for a ROMhack' qualifier, the feel is extremely right for mashing up B-K and Ocarina on counts big and small which is pretty exceptional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

For a romhack that absolutely does have romhack elements, they're done in a way that compared to the average romhack is nearly user-friendly. It helps a lot that the presentation is very good and incredibly spot-on, which is not at all what I'm accustomed to seeing from other romhacks, but also the challenges are generally focused on being observant and doing tight platforming rather than being pixel and frame-perfect or knowing all the arcane glitches. Even if I'd have to use savestates still, I've yet to see anything that's unplayable without tool assistance the way romhacks made for romhackers can be.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Brutal Garcon posted:

Is it attacking the painting? "not" is crossed out on the painting, not the wall, so the painting says "here".

That's an excellent guess and if that's it, that's really clever.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA3H8Ws8b3Q

The original track if you've not heard it. Loses a bit when not paired with a huge, ruined castle and giant spider robots, but still well worth a listen.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

The levels being somewhat Too Big is something that didn't bother me near as much as the stupid ROMhack jumps that showed up later. Those and the ways the final fight got changed are just garbage, but larger levels are an understandable trade-off to having a way to fit more stuff in them sensibly.

Forest Temple is really good, not sure about my rankings on the others.