Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Escape From Noise posted:

One time at the bad brewery I worked at one of the part timers got to the brewery before me and thus had dibs on our Bluetooth Speaker. Unfortunately, this guy fuckin LOVED Sublime. I just rolled with it. I didn't want to be a jerk because I'd been subjecting them to Spazz, Negativland, Chinese Stars, etc. for a few weeks.

That day was a bottling day and, unfortunately, things were not going well and I was struggling to get fill levels consistent on our little Meheen. It sucked worse than bottling usually sucks (canning and bottling are awful). I was getting super stressed and it was just constant loving Sublime. I'm sorry if you're a fan but I cannot stand them anymore. I felt really bad but eventually I turned to the guy and asked him to put anything other than Sublime on.

if it wasnt for date rape id never get laid (DATE RAPE)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ruby Gloom posted:

but EFN

every rose has its thorn

Ewwwwwww

My favorite Poison fact: Years ago, some high profile guitar magazine, I think Guitar World, did a bracket/poll thing to determine the 100 worst guitar solo ever, and the “winner” was Poison’s
C.C. DeVille for his guitar solo from their live album/video, which was described as “10 minutes of a drunk guy swearing he can do Eruption, but just never quite getting it”.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

You ever think about the high standard the average person holds musicians too nowadays compared to like 200 years ago when you might get lucky to have a popular regional act visit the local community and hear a song different from the dozen folk songs you know?

Yeah, me neither.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I always find local acts I like

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

A guy I knew knew a guy who started a green chili business in Portland with a guy from The Shins and they'd get drunk and the shin's guy would try to play his music for the other guy and the other guy would always be like "I'm sorry, but I hate your band."

That's my Scrubs story!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLy8T8_Qrig

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

If local Acts stayed local I would have never had to hear Creed. So there's that.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

ok im gonna come clean it was actually just a big 80s playlist that had poison on it

i have no strong feelings on poison either way (can link playlist for proof)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Wow. This really sums up the film IMO

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
2004 was a dark time

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

YEAH!!!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

You ever think about the high standard the average person holds musicians too nowadays compared to like 200 years ago when you might get lucky to have a popular regional act visit the local community and hear a song different from the dozen folk songs you know?

Yeah, me neither.

Imagine, that for most of human history, the only way to hear music was to make it yourself, or find someone else to make it for you. Still the case of course, but this fancy fangled technology makes it super easy. Back in the day you actually had to find someone.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

2004 was a dark time

in the march edition of vogue they were suggesting wearing dresses over jeans and i had an immediate flashback to 2004/5 and wanted to die immediately

I WILL NOT WEAR A DRESS OVER JEANS AGAIN, THEY CAN'T MAKE ME :ohdear:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
concert t-shirts and jeans 4ever

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

ok im gonna come clean it was actually just a big 80s playlist that had poison on it

i have no strong feelings on poison either way (can link playlist for proof)

All power ballads?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

fartknocker posted:

concert t-shirts over a long-sleeve thermal and jeans 4ever

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

fartknocker posted:

concert t-shirts and jeans 4ever

pictured: fartknocker @ the concert buying a t shirt

def leppard was £40 a shirt, kiss was £45 :mad:

redshirt posted:

All power ballads?

it's called All Out 80s and just seems to be a mix of rock adjacent 80s stuff lmao it just started poison again

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Ruby Gloom posted:

pictured: fartknocker @ the concert buying a t shirt

def leppard was £40 a shirt, kiss was £45 :mad:

Yeah, concert shirts being $40-$50 has been a thing for like 15 years, I just accept it.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Ruby Gloom posted:

in the march edition of vogue they were suggesting wearing dresses over jeans and i had an immediate flashback to 2004/5 and wanted to die immediately

I bought movie tickets online last night and afterwards there was some kind of partner promotion thing that offered me "Vogue delivered to my house for only $1 a month" so now I'm even more glad I said no :mad:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I paid $70 for this Alkaline Trio poster at the show last month, no regerts

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol thanks to this thread I have alternated between Thunderstruck, More than a Feeling, and Every Rose has its Thorn as "The song stuck in my head" all morning.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I paid $70 for this Alkaline Trio poster at the show last month, no regerts

I have never even heard of them. Jazz band I assume.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
mid 2000s were a bad time

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

mid 2000s were a bad time

Noise scene in Osaka was really good.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I bought movie tickets online last night and afterwards there was some kind of partner promotion thing that offered me "Vogue delivered to my house for only $1 a month" so now I'm even more glad I said no :mad:

:lol: i left mine in my parents car and was like YO MUM I LEFT YOU A MAGAZINE BUT I GUESS ONLY IF YOU CARE ABOUT HANDBAGS THAT COST 3 GRAND and ran off

e. actually if you're gonna get a fancy lady magazine, Vanity Fair is the best one because they do actual journalism :lofty:

redshirt posted:

lol thanks to this thread I have alternated between Thunderstruck, More than a Feeling, and Every Rose has its Thorn as "The song stuck in my head" all morning.

i feel this is a victory

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Mods are asleep. Post Balldo.

:balldo:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I never noticed Bart just shouting "America!" Before :lol:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

But The Scorpions are German.

Also they have that one album cover.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

But The Scorpions are German.

Also they have that one album cover.

They became American with "Rock you like a hurricane"

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

redshirt posted:

They became American with "Rock you like a hurricane"

[Shudder]

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Since we're on the subject of 80's music I'll share this little story:

Back in August the city was evacuated due to wildfires and the population dropped from 21,000 to about 1,500. I was one of the lucky ones who got to stay and it was surreal being in a nearly empty town. Not quite the opening to "28 days Later" but definitely similar vibes.

The worst part was the monotony. The actual evacuation was hectic but then it became a cycle of getting up, going to work, coming home, and just looking out over a very peaceful city.

After a few days I decided to drive around just to break the routine so I had fun speeding around empty roads like I was playing GTA with my windows down blasting "I think we're alone now" by Tiffany.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Sounds wild. I've only ever been evacuated for a typhoon.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Since we're on the subject of 80's music I'll share this little story:

Back in August the city was evacuated due to wildfires and the population dropped from 21,000 to about 1,500. I was one of the lucky ones who got to stay and it was surreal being in a nearly empty town. Not quite the opening to "28 days Later" but definitely similar vibes.

The worst part was the monotony. The actual evacuation was hectic but then it became a cycle of getting up, going to work, coming home, and just looking out over a very peaceful city.

After a few days I decided to drive around just to break the routine so I had fun speeding around empty roads like I was playing GTA with my windows down blasting "I think we're alone now" by Tiffany.

Did you jack any cars?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
tbh the lockdowns were like that around here because my town has A LOT of tech workers. So going out for a walk, there's no cars, no people, nothin. wild.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Ruby Gloom posted:

I thought you maybe meant with a skirt over jeans like Juno or something but I looked it up and yep, full-length dresses over jeans. Exactly zero of the examples given look fashionable.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Hear me out: Dress over JNCOs.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

Did you jack any cars?

I did not. Because I have no idea how.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i want a pair of cargo jnco shorts

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Hear me out: Dress over JNCOs.

waaaaay ahead of ya buddy

thank god myspace was purged :dogstare:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
absolutely MUST! MUST MUST MUST! have a sweet dragon or something embroidered on the back pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

absolutely MUST! MUST MUST MUST! have a sweet dragon or something embroidered on the back pocket

A sea otter smoking weed and giving u the finger.