Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruby Gloom posted:

absolute scenes in the airport, throwing a fit because they wont let my emotional support printer fly for free :argh:

pretty sure if you walked into the airport with a big printer they'd knock it out of your hands, shove you to the ground, and zip tie your hands and feet while they wait for the bomb disposal unit to come blow it up

or maybe that's just in america :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

TIP posted:

pretty sure if you walked into the airport with a big printer they'd knock it out of your hands, shove you to the ground, and zip tie your hands and feet while they wait for the bomb disposal unit to come blow it up

:911:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Yesterdsy, I spent several hours chilling on a deck, watching the ocean. The wind blew a constant 25-35-MPH all day without let-up. Between it & the rolling surf, it was a constant white noise.

Now the tinnitus has ramped up to a howl in my right ear & I can barely hear anything out of it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Brutal Garcon posted:

Current mood:

Are you seven years old?

Up waaaaaay past bedtime it seems like, I don't know though, I'm emotionally stunted.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Beer Gay So What posted:

1 day on a family vacation and already had my mom ask why im not asleep at 8, 9, 10, 11, and now 12 (PM to AM). I hate this poo poo. Only here for a fake surprise engagement where everyone involved is well aware they were going to be married and its a total instagram thing.

Like she's knocking on your door because she hears you moving around? Or she can tell you're using a flashlight to read Hardy Boys under the covers or something?

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I'm so sick of working for rich people. I get that's how it always is but I'm fuckin sick of it.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

TIP posted:

You forgot full cavity search

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

PainterofCrap posted:

Yesterdsy, I spent several hours chilling on a deck, watching the ocean. The wind blew a constant 25-35-MPH all day without let-up. Between it & the rolling surf, it was a constant white noise.

Now the tinnitus has ramped up to a howl in my right ear & I can barely hear anything out of it.

So you think it will get back to your normal baseline? It seems like it was a dope AF day though

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Escape From Noise posted:

I'm so sick of working for rich people. I get that's how it always is but I'm fuckin sick of it.

Obligatory
:capitalism:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

TIP posted:

Printer? You mean communist propaganda machine?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Yeah. I know. I'm just drunk and a little sad.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Printer? You mean communist propaganda machine?

Not in my America!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I once worked for like the 4th richest man in the world, and surprisingly, he was drat cool. I rode in a shuttle yesterday and the driver also worked for this guy, and told an awesome story from the 70's of him showing up in the mail department on a Saturday and helping out.

I know very much this is the exception to the rule, as I've met other very rich people who seemed like raging assholes.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I'm in an industry that's run very directly by them. I'm just so tired of everything.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I don't want to work anymore.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Escape From Noise posted:

I don't want to work anymore.

Become a Dharma Bum

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

redshirt posted:

Become a Dharma Bum

Too lazy.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

So you're overqualified?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol well that's a sticky wicket, init?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I know it's pretty stupid but I really enjoy the rapport I have with the woman at the Family Mart near me. If I come it late at night we'll joke around and shoot the poo poo.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

:lmao: this fuckin dogs face

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Beer Gay So What posted:

1 day on a family vacation and already had my mom ask why im not asleep at 8, 9, 10, 11, and now 12 (PM to AM). I hate this poo poo. Only here for a fake surprise engagement where everyone involved is well aware they were going to be married and its a total instagram thing.

This sounds very stupid

Are you on vacation somewhere nice at least? Somewhere with interesting history or beautiful scenery, not just middle-of-nowhere Ohio or something :ohdear:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

My parents never seemed to understand jet lag and time zones. I flew home and despite it being 4 & 1/2 hours earlier than my usual time they wondered why I was awake at 2 AM and still in bed by 9 AM.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

My parents never seemed to understand jet lag and time zones. I flew home and despite it being 4 & 1/2 hours earlier than my usual time they wondered why I was awake at 2 AM and still in bed by 9 AM.

Parents just don't understand

- Benny Franklin

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
gm fam

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
apple tree is starting to bloom! we trimmed back a bunch of dead areas and are trying to get it back under control again. excited to see what she does

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i gotta go to the supermarket and this basically feels like a hate crime

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ruby Gloom posted:

get me some pop-tarts tia

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Just because you hate something doesn't make it a hate crime, Ruby.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

I live in the same city as my parents and I've slept at their house twice this year. Both times, everyone in the house (my brother lives there too) was awake by 630 am and I was made to feel like the weird one for sleeping till like 8.

But I'm an adult and I extra don't care now. Sleep is amazing. I've only been awake for 24 minutes today (it's 10:24am) and I do get this residual childhood guilt for sleeping that late, but it's Saturday and pouring down rain so I'm refusing to feel guilty for doing what i want :hayter:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

Pick me up some of that yogurt beverage thing that's popular amongst the Nordic states TIA!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ruby Gloom posted:

i'm going to MULTIPLE STORES can u believe that

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

redshirt posted:

Parents just don't understand

- Benny Franklin

TBF I don't think anyone understands.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

i'm going to MULTIPLE STORES can u believe that

bagmo can you get the pop tarts and nordic yoghurt drink plz tyvm

jfc i also gotta go get petrol to actually get to the supermarket IT NEVER ENDS :negative:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol I can barely leave my house and when I do it's like this epic adventure/journey thing out of Lord of the Rings.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ruby Gloom posted:

bagmo can you get the pop tarts and nordic yoghurt drink plz tyvm

jfc i also gotta go get petrol to actually get to the supermarket IT NEVER ENDS :negative:

The 5000 Page Thread: Ruby Gets Gas on Page 3384

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You always just end up back at home anyways :shrug:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

You always just end up back at home anyways :shrug:

and in the bathroom, as a champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

fartknocker posted:

The 5000 Page Thread: Ruby Gets Gas on Page 3384

And some Tim Hortons