Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
bill gates named microsoft after his peeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
microshit shitdows

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Sham bam bamina! posted:

microshit shitdows

shitroshit shitrows

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Sham bam bamina! posted:

bill gates named microsoft after his peeper

:newlol:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pram posted:

microsoft is not included in any lists of good stuff. ergo vis a vis it is epic and for the win - professor genius

incredibly bad take to suggest that facebook, amazon, apple and google (labor rights violations and surveillance out the wazoo) are "good stuff"

netflix is pretty neutral i guess

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

(labor rights violations and surveillance out the wazoo)

lol good one

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/global-infrastructure/government/national-security/

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

(labor rights violations and surveillance out the wazoo)

search for "Microsoft jedi contract"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no, this is irrelevant. we were talking about how you think facebook and amazon are "good stuff."

pram
Jun 10, 2001
we were actually talking about the microsoft surface pro x if you werent paying attention

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

qirex posted:

they just added carplay support to teams in case there was one place in the world you could avoid thinking about work

“Oh sorry Teams doesn’t have an airplay app” has never been an excuse to not take a meeting in the car. People have Bluetooth and do it all the time and they’re fumbling around and it’s a mess.

The idea that you have an meeting so important that you need to call in to it but also so unimportant that you can pay enough attention to drive is fairly questionable.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
on zoom ive seen driving, with the camera on over the past couple months. for irrelevant stuff like loving standup too. what the hell is wrong with people

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

pram posted:

on zoom ive seen driving, with the camera on over the past couple months. for irrelevant stuff like loving standup too. what the hell is wrong with people

it's awful but i think what's "wrong" with them is they're not independently wealthy and getting fired might just cause some financial stress

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah it's the executives who demand stupid irrelevant daily standup meetings at 9am who should be fired

out of a cannon

into the sun

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
the tech industry sounds like the place to be

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I had an automatic gag reflex for all Microsoft stuff due to my experience with them back when they were the big evil. now that they are a boring enterprise software company I’ve tried to get over my disdain for them.

then work gave me a windows laptop with the Microsoft suite of apps and goddamn, it is a burning pile of poo poo.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
I try to avoid microsoft as much as possible but I have to use teams at work and its a pile of poo poo.
It always forgets my audio settings, it should use my Logitech headset like zoom manages to do
half the time the window I want to share is not in the list, again something that just works in zoom

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
jabber kept doing that to me too but I think I found the arcane setting that remembers my preferences

pram
Jun 10, 2001

The Management posted:

I had an automatic gag reflex for all Microsoft stuff due to my experience with them back when they were the big evil. now that they are a boring enterprise software company I’ve tried to get over my disdain for them.

then work gave me a windows laptop with the Microsoft suite of apps and goddamn, it is a burning pile of poo poo.

teams is a loving crime lol

also outlook is getting pretty goddamn bad. the top bar is so bloated with buttons

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is there a good email program

windows 10 email is almost good. it’s simple enough but the search SUCKS and

tbh gmail on the web seems as good as it gets. but I need a email program at work, because windows 10
email is not showing attachments for a few senders and i’m having to go onto webmail occasionally it’s dumb

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

microshit shitdows

I lold

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m installing windows for the first time in loving years, at least since windows 7

gently caress it’s embarrassing. choosing “offline account”, and then your next choice is a “limited experience” if I don’t want some other bullshit. and then as i’m typing my user name down the bottom is “even better, use an online account!”

and this is the shameful desktop it’s brought me to

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 7, 2020

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Better Support For Microsoft Surface Laptops On Linux Is Coming With "SAM"

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

pram posted:

also outlook is getting pretty goddamn bad. the top bar is so bloated with buttons

yeah, it's pretty bad op.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

gmail is one of the worst garbage web apps out there. inbox was great and google wisely killed it for the vastly inferior absolute dogshit gmail

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Bloody posted:

gmail is one of the worst garbage web apps out there. inbox was great and google wisely killed it for the vastly inferior absolute dogshit gmail

100%

also despite having had gmail in some form since forever i still get confused if i have to compose an email on the webapp WHY IS THE BUTTON IN THE LOWER RIGHT HAND CORNER

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

pram posted:

teams is a loving crime lol

outlook is disaster. the “new outlook” is slightly better because it gets rid of a little bit of the garbage clutter, but it’s still pretty awful. that ribbon is loving useless

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

The Management posted:

outlook is disaster. the “new outlook” is slightly better because it gets rid of a little bit of the garbage clutter, but it’s still pretty awful. that ribbon is loving useless

lol remember when they unveiled the ribbon interface across their apps as a way to simplify the ui

pram
Jun 10, 2001

The Management posted:

lol i didnt even notice the 'new outlook' button amongst all the bullshit. youre right its a lot better so far. good job microsoft

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
win 10 mail app is the only good mail app. teams client is why you shouldnt use web "developers" to write applications

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
hello, would you like your chat client to use all available ram give a long enough time? please install the 64bit version of teams.

we notice you haven't installed the 64bit version of teams, we'll just keep popping up this reminder until you do

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
where did u get a 32bit version of teams?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
with the 32bit version of office

pram
Jun 10, 2001
microsoft <3 electron

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

win 10 mail app is the only good mail app. teams client is why you shouldnt use web "developers" to write applications

the search is soooo bad

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

pram posted:

microsoft <3 electron

as the owners of it (to the extent an open source project can be owned anyway), and spending a lot of effort making their own chromium browser on all platforms, yeah, i think it is fair to assume there is some big strategy bound up in electron.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its not hard to figure out. it lets them throw interns at an application and have it "run" on all platforms.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

infernal machines posted:

with the 32bit version of office

scoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's just funny because if you do have the 64bit version and you just leave teams running and only lock your pc rather than logging out, after about two weeks it will have used all your ram to the point that they system stops responding and has to be physically rebooted.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 7, 2020