Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
shitposting aside it looks nice but i would never buy another windows laptop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

wait i lied, i don't care about that thing, i thought this looked nice though

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/surface-laptop-go/94fc0bdgq7wv?activetab=pivot:techspecstab

also the best surface was the 42 inch multitouch table

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

this is how all open floor plan offices should be

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Victory Position posted:

having seen this table once, it was a really cool table

I think they hung them on walls for meteorologists to use as well?

they have a few iterations of this now and when they stole the name for their portable line they renamed the tables pixelsense. the first iteration used a projector in a box which is cool because you can literally just build one yourself and have a multitouch coffee table on the cheap.

later versions look mostly like a glass coffee table with an embedded amd system. lenovo tried to copy this but put a lot of really bad software on it. microsoft’s demos always had some pretty interesting unpublished multiplayer titles. tbh i’m surprised they’ve never tried to consumerize this, especially since displays are cheap these days. a living room thing you can gather around, board games that you could combine with physical pieces, etc. really think this could be a saleable item but as with everything you need the devs to support it and without it existing it’s not gonna happen without funding them.

some of the work in these went into their $$ folding studio desktop which tbh i also think is pretty cool.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i like how some small time dev named mike rowe regged mikerowesoft and convinced microsoft to give him cash and an xbox for it, or something

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

microshit shitdows

shitroshit shitrows

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Bloody posted:

gmail is one of the worst garbage web apps out there. inbox was great and google wisely killed it for the vastly inferior absolute dogshit gmail

100%

also despite having had gmail in some form since forever i still get confused if i have to compose an email on the webapp WHY IS THE BUTTON IN THE LOWER RIGHT HAND CORNER

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

The Management posted:

outlook is disaster. the “new outlook” is slightly better because it gets rid of a little bit of the garbage clutter, but it’s still pretty awful. that ribbon is loving useless

lol remember when they unveiled the ribbon interface across their apps as a way to simplify the ui

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007