Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

nah, microsoft is the dorky dad company, working 9-5 and not too hard, while occasionally trying to look hip in a really cringy way.

which i kind of like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

echinopsis posted:

this was NOT the vibe around microsoft during my formative years in the 90s

seeing what those years in fact formed us into i have chosen to reject everything i learned at the time.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

pram posted:

microsoft <3 electron

as the owners of it (to the extent an open source project can be owned anyway), and spending a lot of effort making their own chromium browser on all platforms, yeah, i think it is fair to assume there is some big strategy bound up in electron.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

tk posted:

That anything going on is part of a larger strategy is an awful big assumption.

controlling the default platform for applications might not be as cool as it used to be, but it might still be lucrative.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

teams is real bad and also the best chat/voice/video/fileshare microsoft has ever made/owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

President Beep posted:

me in coding class at the prestigious School of Computers:ins: