Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of the aesthetic a big-name video game or anything like it that leans so heavily into punk is always going to come off feeling a bit "how do you do fellow kids" even without painting it with the same mid-2000's brush as everything else.

Man having to learn the basics just to do them would mess with my head. Like, I get it, its a tutorial and you get them right quick but stopping manuals and reverts at this point in the series until you're told about them? Nah man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

"We're just having fun, man!" while what you're doing is not "supposed" to be done but doesn't really hurt anything is a pretty common idea for rebellious stuff. But yeah noticing the destruction is really the effect of transporting what was always done in the series into a more recognizable place.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You guys mentioned in your commentary but I was starting to notice it myself, a lot of the models really do look like a bunch of middle aged men. Our hero and friends are obviously all younger but so many of the guys he meets are like an early version of the dad-boarders in the re-release of 1 and 2.