Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Even putting ideological differences aside, if I was in Starmer's position and on a mission to expel Corbyn from the party, I definitely think I'd have done a way better job of it than he has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

ronya posted:

I am a little skeptical - the usual suspects in the press have been angling for "blame Europe for the deal" for a while now but I don't know that this will actually stick
I'm curious about your scepticism. What makes you think its going to struggle to stick? I've met a lot of people who have happily embraced this narrative.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

"Forced two votes to extend free school meals,"

That was Marcus Rashford, you can tell the difference because he doesn't look like a slab of ham wedged into a suit.
I remember when people used to post pictures Corbyn protesting apartheid or at the Iraq war protests and the libs would spin it as "I can't believe you're saying that Corbyn was solely responsible for ending apartheid or leading the anti-Iraq war movement".

And then Marcus Rashford, to the obvious notice of everyone, forces a government climb down on free school meals, and Starmer and his followers immediately switch to "Keith single handedly saved all of the beautiful children of Britain".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-keir-starmer-sets-out-23182124

How about those Jewish people who are on the left feeling safe in the party? Or don't they count?
Expect the word "kapo" to be used a lot in the twitter discourse.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jose posted:

luke akehurst is definitely one of the most unpleasant people in the labour party

https://twitter.com/lukeakehurst/status/1339938025783128067
https://twitter.com/iammightor/status/1339941512717721604?s=20
lol I love how they always immediately retreat to "how dareth you, for i have been offended and labelled the most shameful of things".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I have to say though, I do find something kind of funny with the right wing media running "MUZLINS ARE TRYING TO CANCEL CHRISTMAS" stories every year, and the year it actually happens is because of a right wing former journalist who they've been hyping up as a chosen one for years.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The Europeans absolutely look upon us with envy. They wish they had weather and food as good as ours.

Just wait until no deal Brexit happens and we're all sharing bread and dripping recipes, they'll really have egg on their face then.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

There was a period right at the beginning of the year when people were panic buying that all of us did at some point think the words "its all so fragile, isn't it?". After that, a lot of people would make the leap and realise that if its so fragile, then that means things can be changed, for better or for worse.

But even I have sort of slipped out of that mode and I'm fully locked into hellworld, without having put on Joker make up, so it doesn't surprise me that the bar is so low that "I want to get back to how poo poo things used to be" is a step up from where we are now in the minds of some people.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jose posted:

lol imagine his response if it was corbyn whipping to vote for the deal. proving everyone at peoples vote cared more about removing corbyn

https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/status/1344054372615991297?s=20
lol he was going after Owen Jones for being "pro-leave" just at the start of this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Gambrinus posted:

Johnson and Hancock should be afraid to ever set foot in public again. Hope they get their food spat in. Hope someone takes a baseball bat to them. Cunts.
They will both eventually retire from politics with nothing but praise from the media and their peers, they'll get a cushy job in the private sector to supplement the money they make from making speeches, and they'll end up with knighthoods and theres absolutely gently caress all that you, I, or anyone else in this country will do about it.

I kind of get the weird admiration that certain people have for Boris given his image and his stunts, but Matt Hancock? Matt loving Hancock. The man who immediately exudes the most "I am a tedious and incompetent middle manager" energy of anyone on the planet? Any time anyone says anything flattering about him, even going back as far as the last election where it was plainly obvious who he is, deserves to be ridiculed, and more importantly, have their wallet inspected.