Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

forkboy84 posted:

My phone autocorrecting 'mam' to 'man' is one of the more awkward mistakes it's been responsible for.

I've seen worse.

Really changed the tone of the post though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

So which of the three Mitchell & Webb sketches was prophetic?

The three known sketches being this, are we the baddies and kill the poor.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
So bets for last day of 2020? The Brexit deal falls through? A meteor starts an extinction event? The Queen is revealed to always have been a robot?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Wizard?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

How'd you find my harry potter fanfic

Searched for "Corbyn" on any given erotic fanfiction repository?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Private Speech posted:

Actually now that I think about it Gibraltar joining Schengen might create a pretty big headache refugee-wise, since Schengen tourist visas are significantly easier to get than the UK ones.

Won't be much use for illegal migrants like NI would be, but it could be an interesting option for refugees?

I wager they solved the refugee problem by making the UK completely unappealing to anyone with half a brain and a chance at living in any EU country.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

CyberPingu posted:

That's a mighty big brush you have there.

Organized religion has this whole problem with being unaccountable.

You might have heard about some of the problems it has led to in... uh, every faith that has ever inherited an organization?

Faith's like wealth, kids shouldn't inherit their parents'.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

feedmegin posted:

Lizard wizard. Queens actually a Slann.

I got the Slann confused with the Slaad for a second, and it explained so much.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

sebzilla posted:

Hot take: earnest wholehearted belief in a supernatural religion in 2020 is p. bonkers and lowers my opinion of the critical thinking abilities of anyone who announces their beliefs to me.

Like if you were brought up in a church and like the community bits then I guess cool, whatever, but actual God stuff? For real? Why?

Counts double for people who come to it later in life and haven't had it forced on them from youth.

Well, a wise man once told me I need to have faith, and I guess I do.

In something supernatural? Eh, you figure it out. I won't bother.

Can't agree with the way organized religion treats people who just want to be honest about themselves though. It's just easier to be who you are and not give half a poo poo if people disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
97 minutes until there needs to be someone who understands the deal and can implement it competently!