Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010

vodkat posted:

In a negative interest rate situation what is to stop people from moving their money into a currency with a positive interest rate?
Access i'd assume, and having to factor in any losses from currency exchange. Plus the risk of currency fluctuations in the future, you might as well just stick it in the stock market in an ISA if you're open for that level of risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
So, judging by the scientists current reaction, and the Bojo delay to any advice, I presume we'll all be entering Tier 4 on Christmas Eve, effective from Christmas day right?

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
Don't know if its been mentioned, but papers report the Oxford Uni vaccine is due to be approved on Monday.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
gently caress me, sounds like it's not just London Hospitals turning people away now. It is possible to try anyone on twitter with that loving smily faced in their handle for murder yet.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010

Nutapii posted:

What smiley face?

Pretty much all the 'covid is a hoax' posters have adopted the :) as sort of anti-mask symbol, so if any covid news on twitter there's always one or two of these stupid drat faces poking out from commentators talking about how the NHS is always out of beds, and people always die in December, and the test is 90% false positives, and that it only kills 0.002% which is the same as flue, and all sort of poo poo copied from Yardley Yeadon and other 'statistician', and because of the algorithm prison of social media, if you follow one dumb-rear end tweet, then all you see is streams of that stupid smily face everyone with rediculous takes.

I never thought I'd start to hate an emoji so much.