Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
If you're in the North but not North enough to be Scotland you should be in the Northern Independence Party

15 million people, a GDP per capita just below Japan, and crucially no imperial delusions to obsess over

ContinuityNewTimes fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jose posted:

I am actually interested but can't pay fees and there is a plague outside are these obstacles

We're launching our actual membership system soon, when it happens if you can't actually pay subs (£2.50 a month unwaged) I will personally see if there's a way you can get involved anyway

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Comrade Fakename posted:

Ah, the eternal delusion that if parts of the UK split away, they will somehow be innocent of the empire.

Our position is that the north constitutes a nation in waiting, we don't have a position on guilt re: empire

E: additionally, lmao at a us/uk citizen attempting to guilt anyone. You are the perfect intersection of empire

ContinuityNewTimes fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 1, 2020

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Noxville posted:

So did anybody else join the Northern Independence Party or is it only me that wants to see Labour suffer in its heartlands?

Hi

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Regarde Aduck posted:

It's really obvious we need a new party. Labour is done. But I get that any plans for a new party would take time. Hopefully the wheels are at least in motion.

Depends on how you feel about Britain

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Julio Cruz posted:

even in loving 2020 I didn't expect to see an unironic "football hooligans are good, actually" post
Saint Pauli are okay

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Julio Cruz posted:

I have nothing against general football fans, the crucial word is "hooligans"

I don't give a gently caress about football I just know that lot are fine

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Mebh posted:

:magical: What the gently caress.

What on earth is this tosh about Albanians who steal poo poo from lavatories invading us...

Does half the country genuinely read and believe poo poo like this and that's why they voted leave?

Sunday Sport

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
How the gently caress are we going to send in gunboats when we don't really have a navy

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
HMS Brenda threatening to launch kamikaze attacks on french trawlers with billion dollar american jets

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

OwlFancier posted:

The RN has a few boats with guns on them that are not suitable for long range deployment but can probably terrorize a trawler.

We lost against Icelandic trawlers at a time when we were actually a contender

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

For anyone too young to remember the Cod Wars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfD3gevx48Y

We tried it on and lost three times against a country with a population equivalent to 1.5 Yorks

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Happy 1 year anniversary of the defeat of the traitor Jimminy Croblin, lets look at the list of glorious successes Britain has achieved since then:

- erm
- gently caress

Separatist movements inside England

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I think my condemnation of Iran's human rights record doesn't loving matter but I can have a say in what goes on here

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

therattle posted:

Ok, so what are some non-terrible countries? I am not asking facetiously. Or is that the wrong question because all are bad albeit in different ways? I’d still think that some were better than others though. Is that contentious?

We should be ruthlessly critical of our own countries because we can, in theory, change them

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

forkboy84 posted:

I'll tell you what it won't be. A new political party that isn't trash being formed.

But that's already happened

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Its his 2021 calendar.

Calendar Lads, featuring jezza and big john

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

OwlFancier posted:

I would buy a calendar of left wing politicians posing suggestively with things grown on corbyn's allotment.

I would but only if John McDonell poses with an ak-47

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jose posted:

anyone else feel that mark zuckerberg is probably the single most damaging influence in the world generally rn in terms of just how much stuff is getting hosed because he refuses to get involved and stop it. insane whatsapp groups sharing stuff in brazil was a big part of why bolsonaro won for example and we all know how damaging facebook refusing to properly moderate content is . a ton of stuff that facebook should be doing it doesn't specifically because of him

Facebook has facilitated genocide, Zuckerberg should be kept in a little cage in The Hague for the rest of his life

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

namesake posted:

Rumours and conspiracy theories have existed well before the computer, the damage done by Facebook is a reflection of the damage done by the capabilities and development of capitalism to connect the masses AND alienate the masses from anything we might consider good. If he wasn't a lovely person happy to ally with the US military and intelligence services then some other social media giant would have appeared.

Well in terms of individual accountability yes but we're getting close to the idea that we can liberate the people by killing the Tsar which just isn't true.

The cage wouldn't solve anything it would just be immensely satisfying

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Article in Morningstar online about 14 members of Great Yarmouth CLP quitting labour.
Sorry can't get a link or copy.

As Great Yarmouth goes, so goes the party

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I don't really mind if people think I'm being overly critical of the United Kingdom as I'm a member of a party that wants to get out of it

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Vitamin P posted:

There seems to be a fine-but-firm line between the ironic funny poster nippers and the wierdo actual nippers, if we have an actual blood and soil nipper in you then that's gonna be a lot of fun you should post more.

I don't know where you got blood and soil from mate, that's weird

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
E: nah

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

OwlFancier posted:

I don't think I want to shag a nuke that a million other people have shagged.

How attractive is the nuke

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Rumda posted:

They also suspended the inclusion and diversity co-ordindiantor and fired her husband as secretary for her actions.

He's still secretary

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Rumda posted:

Really because last night he told me he had been kicked out of the committee

He's still secretary.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Does the NIP accept members who might be interested in the parties other positions but don't agree with an independent north?

A lot of big fans of the flag here too.

If you want to pay subs then knock yourself out, join for your love of vexillology

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1339205196837236736

Genuinely thought she'd hosed it by just straight up being racist as gently caress with no plausible deniability but no, Screaming "Allah is a paedo" at a young Muslim woman while defending your mate who said he wants to gently caress 14 year olds still gets the "Twitter mob is acting outraged again. :rolleyes:"

Getting cancelled is actually really good for your career if your career is freelance racism salesperson

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Nutapii posted:

He's actually always been a fat gently caress, he just wears oversized suit jackets for the optical illusion of being slim and tall, and thus eccentric as opposed to owner baron.

Note the straining button on the left.

Ain't none of that flowing freely from chest to waist, it's all filled, again straining button lower left.

Stop Making Sense is fantastic

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

OwlFancier posted:

I again feel vindicated by having paid slightly less attention to it than star citizen.

Star Citizen is entertainingly bad, cyberpunk is just bad

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jose posted:

I wish I could play disco Elysium for the first time again gently caress maybe it was being on benzos while playing it but I've never been so immersed in a games world.

British sea power made an incredible.soundttack for it too which is unbelievable

I hope his book gets a translation when it's released

I really enjoyed it up until the point where I had to sit on a bench and wait for the next quest

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jose posted:

I was on a Soviet benzo equivalent called phenibut lol I don't recommend people buy it the withdrawals aren't pleasant

Isn't the one from the famous TCC benzo ambulance posts?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Guavanaut posted:

No Jose was right, that was phenazepam and it can cause ordering grand pianos that might not fit your current domicile from the former Soviet Union.

Which is still less of a health risk than ordering grand pianos that might not fit your current domicile from the former Soviet Union without health insurance in the present United States.

A Soviet grand piano is probably better than any western piano for the same price

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Failed Imagineer posted:

Hmm Ireland has stopped pretty much all travel from the UK for the next few days, some people are gonna poo poo themselves over this.

My sister and her kids just came back to Cork from their home in London yesterday lol. Apparently they're isolating in their summer-house on the west coast and then getting tested on Xmas Eve, so here's hoping they don't kill my mum :coronatoot:

Lots of people updating spreadsheets today

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Thank god we don't live in one

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

mdemone posted:

As an American, I have clearly had my hands full this year and so I've lost track of the UK situation until this most recent turn. Wanted to drop by and send all my sympathies.

Also you guys should probably be storming some buildings soon, just a thought. You can start small if you want.

We're probably just going to do what you did and wait for a more polite technocrat to take over

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

CGI Stardust posted:

game itself is very good imo, certainly worth trying for free to see if you click with it

There was a brilliant meltdown about brigador in games because one if the devs was involved in an alt-right discord and a load of ycs offsiters kramered in to defend the guy's harmless racism

E: might have been transphobia? And/or

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I spent £15 on some shears for my poor bald head like a year ago, if I want to feel fancy when I'm doing my hair I eat an after eight when I'm done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The detail about looking over the legal text line by line tells me we're about to accidentally sell Sussex for some magic beans