Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

endlessmonotony posted:

Anyone got an update on Keir's deeply held values?

I thought this graph sums it up quite nicely:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Temporary jobs doing the 2021 census - various roles.

https://www.censusjobs.co.uk/

Part of the application process includes a 'situational' test - how you behave in certain situations. I guess those of you who have canvassed for the Labour party will be well able to deal with obnoxious replies on the doorstep (I'm assuming that's what it will be about).
Wonder if Jedi Knights will be a thing this time? I was away from the UK in 2011, but in 2001 I was a Jedi Knight.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Comrade Fakename posted:

This is extremely trivial, but here's one of the stupidest Guardian columns in a while:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/nov/29/i-raised-my-kids-on-pixar-and-it-has-ruined-classic-cinema-for-them

Even if you're not a fan of Pixar, saying that Up is like some kind of attention-span-shrinking frenzy might be one of the weirdest opinions I've ever seen. So often when I read Guardian columns like this I am just agape that someone actually paid actual money for this to be written.

Where do they get their opinions from? Upp is so gentle and untaxing, but thought-provoking. And the old guy is like my dad was - in both appearance and general not-serious grumpiness.

Fishing / Debenhams chat:

I think one of the issues with fishing is that it tends to be clustered in a 'whole community will be affected' manner in a way that Debenhams isn't (other than in the general malaise on the High St way).

I was at a Welsh Labour policy forum a couple of years ago and this was one of the things brought up - and one of the very few areas of Wales not to vote for brexit - the mussels industry in North Wales where much of the fresh mussels 'harvest' goes to France, daily. The view was that post brexit, this industry would be completely killed off within about 6 weeks of brexit taking effect because fresh mussels aren't very fresh once they've been sitting in customs for a few days! (And are likely poisonous to eat by then!)

Re Debenhams - when I go to Newport (Wales) on the bus (not been since March), after an hour or more on a bus, I normally dive straight into Debenhams which opens onto the bus station to use their loo. The thought of having to find another loo in a big hurry is not appealing! (I can hear you now - ok boomer. I'll have you know I'm nearly an Xer).

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Dec 1, 2020

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Convex posted:

Is the morning star still going?

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/

There is another one beginning with W which name I can't remember - more tabloid. It was put together by Corbyn supporters 3-4 years ago. It did have a print edition but seems the big newsagents (or their distributors) kept mucking up deliveries. I've looked at it online once or twice, but the name just escapes me for now.

The Word:

https://thewordmedia.org/

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Dec 1, 2020

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I remember when tvs had like cupboard doors to pull across them when they weren't being watched so they looked just like a cabinet. TVs never used to be pride of place in the living room like they are now.
I am irrationally prejudiced against big tvs and have to watch my mouth when staying with friends with ginormous plasma screen tvs. My tv is 22" and knows its place.I quite often watch it as a reflection in a mirror positioned on a shelf behind my laptop.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Necrothatcher posted:

... what are you frightened of saying...?

That big tvs are low class. Yeah, I'm a tv snob.
For quite a few of my formative years, my parents went through a 'we don't have a tv we make our own entertainment' phase and so myself and my siblings felt completely alienated at school because we couldn't join in tv conversations. And when they did get a tv we weren't allowed to watch Top of the Pops so still alienated.
I guess some of it rubbed off.

(Nor were we allowed to watch Monty Python so even more alienation because the boys at school spent the whole time regurgitating the entire script of the previous night's MP. I thought it was because the parentals disapproved. Only in later years did I realize it was because they simply didn't get it - the parentals thought Terry & June was the absolute peak of comedy.)

(I was a teen in the 70s for anyone who is bemused here! TOTP? Monty Python? Terry & June?)

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 1, 2020

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Jedit posted:

^^^ Considering who was presenting TOTP in 1973, did you ever consider that they may have been right?

Given that none of us had any idea at the time and Saville wasn't the only presenter, not really. IIRC Dave Lee Travis was the best presenter.
What it did do was blight our early teens - we moved a lot and one way of making friends in new schools is to have something to talk to other kids about and worst of all, when the boy in the 5th form (Year 11 in the new money) that I fancied like crazy asked me if I liked Slade and I'd never heard of them .. I sobbed my heart out and went home and demanded that we be allowed to watch it from then on in. (That boy also introduced me to Black Sabbath :D )

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

winegums posted:

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1333800860111888385

God this opposition really is loving spineless. WHO IS THIS FOR?! WHO IS IMPRESSED BY LABOUR ABSTAINING? The obvious conclusion is that they'd rather the legislation pass than fail, or they'd vote against it. Abstaining achieves nothing and the idea that Labour comes out looking good in any sense from this is bullshit. Feels like Powell was just trying to bore out the question, even someone as thick and as as much of a bad faith arguer like JHB was able to consistently point out how stupid this position is.

Labour's whole plan of "hope everyone hates the Tories enough to vote for us by default" is copied wholescale from the US Dems (who barely scraped a win this year against an utter clown of an incumbent), despite the UK having a slightly healthier democratic process and more minority parties to choose from. They're wholly counting on people having nowhere to go and voting Labour, despite the very clear option of local parties/SNP/not voting because gently caress Starmer.

Had a go about this and the other abstentions with a Starmerphile I know who kept going on about his 'gravitas' in the House.
He didn't have a reply.
We really have to try and get some kind of credible opposition before the next election. God knows how. (I mean credible to those of us who are pissed off with Labour but probably feeling we might have to vote for them in 2024 as the only chance of getting shut of the tories.)

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 1, 2020

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

stev posted:

Genuinely have no idea how I managed with a sub-40 inch TV. My eyesight was either amazing or we must have sat really close.

I can't really talk though, I'm the prick who starts messing with other people's TV settings to turn off motion smoothing. Most of the time they say they can't see any difference. :negative:

Motion smoothing? I have never heard of that!
I know those 3D photos people post on Facebook sometimes make me feel nauseous.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I've got some bad news for you. In fact was any 70/early 80s TOTP presenter *not* some kind of deviant?

Given the amount of deviance evident in the whole of the media world back then (and probably now still) - let alone allegations about senior politicians that linger to this day - just about any form of entertainment or politics from back then could be tainted.
And this is why I am in great favour of social media despite all its drawbacks. If it wasn't for alternative media sources we have available to us these days, most of us wouldn't have a clue about half the stuff that went on (is going on) both in terms of celebrities and politicians and world politics.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I just watched a video on youtube about motion smoothing. I can't see any difference. But then every film these days looks like it has a 'blue screen' background (or is it 'green' screen) and they all look flat to me. Bring back the days of going on location to film! Nothing has any depth anymore.
And I'm so over the cgi effect of swarming hordes of orcs / skeleton armies / terracotta armies / giant spiders etc that all move in the same way.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Answering my own question here - every regular presenter of TOTP from 1975 to 1985:

Pat Sharp (1982–1983, also a member of British vocal duo Pat and Mick together with Mick Brown, plus 30 July 2006)

Clean, but I have a great story about him that you should ask me about whenever we're away from English libel laws.

Do you remember that photo of Jeremy *unt that was doing the rounds a couple of years ago purporting to be him at uni - and actually it was his face photoshopped onto an old image of Pat Sharp - mullet and all. As soon as I saw it I recognized it was Pat Sharp showing my age.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

https://twitter.com/khsurveyors/status/1333733766569848834?s=20

The state of the govt :smdh:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Well that sort of explains it, I don't have HD tv.

Just looked up that Abrahams chap:

Wiki

quote:

Abrahams has been an active supporter of peace initiatives in the Middle East. His diplomatic efforts in many Middle East countries brought him into contact with Yasser Arafat as well as Hamas and other leaders establishing grounds for ongoing dialogue.[23]

In 2010 it was reported that Abrahams had met senior Hamas officials including Palestinian Legislative Council speaker Aziz Dwaik[24] and had appeared to wrest a significant change in tone from the Palestinian leadership. He indicated that Hamas officials were prepared to accept – but not necessarily recognise – the existence of Israel, and they would be prepared to nullify the part of the Hamas charter that calls for the obliteration of Israel.[25]

Didn't having meetings with hamas get people all wound up about Corbyn?

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 1, 2020

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

It's quite difficult to know how to refer to someone's past life though and with all the will in the world there are the inevitable slips when you've known someone by a different name for over 30 years, and also, when you're talking about 'before' when your family photos and events are from 'before'. You can't just delete all that. Slip ups are pretty rare now though - it's been about 10 years.

My relative's parents tried so hard to always refer to 'our son' instead of 'our daughter' but they also hid all the old family group photos as well, they just weren't sure how to manage it. My relative is pretty relaxed about it though (with family anyway - obviously would be different with people who only got to know him in recent times).

Ed: My relative's name is very different from before.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 1, 2020

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It also reveals one of the weird little things that we all take for granted but should probably be changed - Elliot Page has one multiple "Best Actress" awards, and it's strange that we still have "Best Actor" and "Best Actress" awards. There's no Oscar for "Best Woman Director" or "Best Sound Mixing By A Male", why do we still divvy up the on-screen talent by gender?

(I'm aware the answer is that when all of these awards were established the roles of actor and actress were very, very different than they are now and there were very few women behind the camera at all - but I can see this being yet another front being opened up in the culture wars when one of the major awards decides to change this, and probably in the most clanging and inappropriate way possible. Also can't wait for the first TERF "It's ridiculous that this person is being offered this role instead of it going to someone with the exact genitals I've decided the character should have" take )

Linda Hunt in Year of Living Dangerously (1982) took on the male role of Billy Kwan. (She's now probably best known as Hetty from CSI Los Angeles). And then there was Tilda Swinton in a gender-fluid role in Orlando (1992). Probably more films but not that I can think of immediately.

So can counter TERF arguments on the grounds that it's not new.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Can't help feeling Ms Abbott is cruisin' for a (metaphorical) bruisin' as they used to say. Good for her.

https://twitter.com/HackneyAbbott/status/1332660060217094144?s=20

Pie cha(r)t:

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 2, 2020

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

My mother just visited. She's been to church and was coughing without covering her mouth up.
I sat the whole time in my facemask. "Why are you wearing that" she says "Because you've been to church and it's one of the worst places to get infected and you're coughing without covering your mouth up." says I. "Why do you say that about church, it's wrong." (Never allowed to criticize church.) "Evidence" says I. "Where did you get that from it wasn't on the BBC." :smdh:

Unfortunately my flat is too small for a 2m distance (and in any case it should be 8m according to Institute of Physics.)so I'm sitting here with my window open and fan on and freezing cold.

Anyway, she asked me if I would get a vaccine if offered and after reading the thread this morning, I said if it's pfizer. So as she'll be in one of the first couple of waves of vaccination (being 83 now), I told her to make sure it was a Pfizer. (Depends on what Wales does. One of these border issues, she lives in England but her GP is in Wales.)

I'm going to wait a while before having a vaccine (I'd be in wave 7 according to that chart posted up thread a bit) - I narrowly missed being a 'thalidomide baby' back in 1960 as my mother had an old-fashioned GP who didn't believe in prescribing new fangled medicines that hadn't been thoroughly trialled, though some of mother's friends were prescribed it. Some were prescribed it who weren't pregnant and had various reactions (tingling extremities and so on).

Shortly after I was born, the whole thalidomide thing kicked off when doctors started reporting deformities in newborns whose mothers had taken it.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

SpicePro posted:

I went to the dentist in August because I figured I'd get a checkup while I could because who knows how long this thing will go on for, so I went private which turned out to be £30 which I think is £3 more than the NHS? That being said if I had needed actual work done that would probably have been a different story than the one I am telling now.

I've had to go private round here (only one NHS dentist in town and he's got a waiting list about 3 years long), they've insisted on £70 registration fee, then £40 dental hygienist fee, then £80 treatment. You're lucky if you've got one for £30 treatment only! The other private dentist in town costs a LOT more than what I paid!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Grenfell inquiry:

https://www.bdonline.co.uk/news/kingspan-threatened-to-sue-for-defamation-after-flawed-tests-exposed-grenfell-inquiry-hears/5109206.article

(Building Design - register a free account to read all).

quote:

Kingspan threatened to sue for defamation after flawed tests exposed, Grenfell Inquiry hears
By Tom Lowe25 November 2020

Kingspan Ivor Meredith 2
Kingspan employee responsible for testing was a ‘functioning drug addict’

Kingspan had threatened the National House Building Council (NHBC) with legal action on the grounds of defamation after the organisation discovered that its K15 insulation product was not compliant with building regulations, the Grenfell Inquiry has been told.

The NHBC, the country’s largest building control body, had warned Kingspan that it would have to start informing projects that had used K15 that it was not compliant. Kingspan responded by instructing lawyers to send a letter in February 2015 to the NHBC saying it would seek a legal injunction under the Defamation Act 2013.

Kingspan threatened to sue for defamation after flawed tests exposed, Grenfell Inquiry hears
By Tom Lowe25 November 2020

Kingspan Ivor Meredith 2
Kingspan employee responsible for testing was a ‘functioning drug addict’

Kingspan had threatened the National House Building Council (NHBC) with legal action on the grounds of defamation after the organisation discovered that its K15 insulation product was not compliant with building regulations, the Grenfell Inquiry has been told.

The NHBC, the country’s largest building control body, had warned Kingspan that it would have to start informing projects that had used K15 that it was not compliant. Kingspan responded by instructing lawyers to send a letter in February 2015 to the NHBC saying it would seek a legal injunction under the Defamation Act 2013.

etc

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

u brexit ukip it posted:

Do like the forums and also allow people to pay 50p to put the chair in front of them back up

Charge people who want to put their seats back £5 and also let the people behind pay 50p to shove the person putting their seat back's dinner into their face and another 50p to smack the little tv screen into their foreheads too.

Being able to put your seat back should be subject to :guillotine:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Lord of the Llamas posted:

No unfortunately not. I also cleaned the hole by the cartridge with the plastic stick thing.

Assuming you're using a laptop or desktop not a phone, if you look in the settings, find printers and click the one for your printer, there is probably a 'maintenance' tab in there which might advise you.

Also, check whether you have your printing from whichever program you are using NOT set to 'draft' or 'economy' or 'ink saver'.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Pistol_Pete posted:

I'm going at 5am tomorrow, before the germs have woken up.

Which reminds me, it's that time of the year:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Vigil for Virgil posted:

https://twitter.com/AnsgarTOdinson/status/1334015546979803137

A guy at work said some 5G conspiracy nuts had torn down a tower near his house in Cornwall

Earlier this year some outfit was flogging an anti-5G device for over £300: it was a USB stick (can't remember how many mB) with a pdf file on it about 5G.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Gort posted:

If I could buy a magic device that could wirelessly connect to non-wireless devices you know I would. Hell, I'd buy ten.

Maybe some kind of daisy-chain of nanobots that makes a string between your phone and the network port

I keep meaning to look up how to get my samsung laser printer (non-wifi equipped) wifi enabled so I can use it without having to drag a usb cable on an extension lead across my living room. My wifi enabled canon inkjet printer which costs more to run gets more use simply because of the bother of digging out the cable for the other one.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I asked my wife and she reminded me what I did. It wasn't a book.

I hand-crafted a piece of wood for that exact purpose a few weeks before the (international) flight, tested it on a domestic flight (for work that i happened to have a few days before) and took it with me on holiday.

Wasn't there some kerfuffle a while back (maybe a year or two) about people buying things specifically to have that function and getting thrown off flights if they tried to use them or fined or somesuch?

Knee defender:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/gadgets/22-gadget-could-get-you-kicked-flight-n189191

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Thanks.
I'll explore more - when I looked at these before they seemed to need an ethernet port (which printer doesn't have).
I was thinking there must be something I can plug into the USB (macro-sized) on the printer that will talk to the wifi network.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

You might want to try something like this if you don't fancy rolling your own solution, but it can be apparently quite picky.

That looks handy. (Confession: I have never used bluetooth connection on anything.!)

(I'm not in the market for a Raspberry Pi - I've decided that I don't have enough time left on earth to learn everything I want to learn so have decided against that one!)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

mediaphage posted:

yeah the thing you'll need since the printer doesn't have ethernet is a usb print server. unfortunately they're pricey, picky, and pretty poorly reviewed. you might consider selling your samsung and using it to offset the purchase of something like this if the final price delta isn't too much for you (i have one and like it):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-HL...06928536&sr=8-3

i dunno if it's something that's feasible for you, but if your router has a usb port on it, it may already support acting as a print server.

Thanks - though the price delta is way too big - the laser printer is only a couple of years old and I have a whole new cartridge waiting to go in it when the current one dies. The inconvenience of plugging the darn thing is bearable compared to that price.
Just checked the router - no USB port :(

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

creature feature

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Sharif don't like it.

Too early in the morning for rockin' the casbah.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Cheap is relative to your income :eng101:

Were they UK or US based? If US, maybe the things are a lot cheaper.

I recall something that went very flat in Cairo - a band from the US were over and were basically saying they had been so skint they had to live on Macdonalds. Instead of appreciative laughs they were obviously expecting, it went down like a lead balloon because outside of the US, a Macdonalds is an expensive treat especially if you have an army of little kids too. In Cairo, for example, a big mac and fries cost something like 1kg of beef and many Egyptians had stopped buying meat because of the price increases.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Convex posted:

Was the old Spitting Image any good? I was too young to watch it back when it was on TV

It seemed pretty good at the time - it was something new and irreverent, a breath of fresh air over 30 years ago. Just about the only satirical thing on tv IIRC*. I know we all used to watch it avidly back then.
There are too many alternatives these days and though I haven't seen the new series, the bits posted ITT and elsewhere don't entice me.

*I just remembered there was also a thing called Not the Nine O Clock news which ran 1979 to 1982 ish. Spitting Image was after that.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Convex posted:

Ah that's interesting, thanks! Might see if I can dig up some old ones on YouTube or something.

You'll probably be disappointed especially as it was very topical and things like Roy Hattersley spitting everywhere as he spoke will probably pass you by.
A bit like how old people rave about The Beatles who were 'fresh and exciting' 55 years ago but are just basically middle of the road pop.

(PS I also edited my post to mention "Not the Nine O Clock News" which slightly predated Spitting Image and was another satirical news show. It had Tracy Ullman in it before she moved to the US and put on a fake american accent* also Rowan Atkinson and Pamela Stephenson - now a Lady and married to Billy Connolly).

*I was wrong about Ullman she was in a different satirical thing called "Three of a kind".

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 3, 2020

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I just found out that 'Lozza' Fox's brother-in-law (married to his sister) is Richard Ayoade!
(I was looking up Ayoade as I think he'd make a great, more modern, James Bond.)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Naomi Wimborne Idrissi (Chair of Jewish Voice for Labour) has been suspended for anti-semitism.
Also
Moshe Machover has been suspended (and possibly expelled) again also for anti-semitism.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

sassassin posted:

A contractor we work with tested positive for the Big Ron. Sense of smell completely gone. My dad says he hasn't spoken to him face to face this week but my dad lies when the truth might make things awkward and I had to go over there to sort out - of all things - health and safety policies today.

Local community hospital full of it, the care home has apparently been evacuated to another hospital that's full of it. Hardly anyone wearing masks out on the streets.

At least my dentist cancelled by text this morning.

You're in Wales right?
People on FB dissing Drakeford for bringing in strict measures again tomorrow night (pubs, restaurants to close at 6pm, no alcohol to be served.)
I just wish 'they' would strictly enforce mask wearing especially amongst the big gangs of teenagers gathering on every corner and sweeping down the high street en masse from about 3pm every afternoon.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

What annoys me is that most of the banks / card companies have stopped you being able to put in travel details which surely could help claiming that you'd be able to use your card. I don't see why they don't let you do that anymore.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/asa-winstanley/labour-purges-veteran-israeli-anti-zionist-moshe-machover

quote:

The veteran Israeli anti-Zionist and socialist revealed to The Electronic Intifada on Thursday that he has now been suspended.

Machover is refusing to engage with Labour’s disciplinary process, describing a 20-page letter from the party as a series of “inquisitorial questions,” “full of lies” and “full of poo poo.”

In the letter, emailed to him on Tuesday, party bureaucrats gave him less than a week to respond to what Machover calls an inquisition of his political views.

etc etc etc

Note on redactions: The redactions in black in the PDF below are applied by The Electronic Intifada to protect Machover’s email address. All other redactions were made by Machover himself to protect the private details of others.

He explains: “They are individuals with whom the inquisitors apparently wish to insinuate that I am associated, and guilty by virtue of this association. One of them, whose name is redacted as xxxx, is known to me as a political adversary, against whose views I have publicly polemicised. The other, whose name is redacted as yyyy, is totally unknown to me.”

(Embedded letter follows)

etc etc

Embedded in the link is a copy of the letter sent by the Labour Party to Machover which he is supposed to address the 'evidence'. I'm quite genuinely shocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

What is the relevance of 4am on the 5th? Like one dude's particular plane is due then? I hope its early.

I think all these quarantine/flying restrictions have been brought in at 4am on a Saturday morning. I know when I went to France in August, the day I was flying out they announced returners from France would have to quarantine if they arrived back after 4am on the Saturday morning leading to mad scrambles of those who didn't want to do quarantine on return - and subsequent short notice country-based quarantines have been the same. Maybe it's a time when the fewest planes arrive at Heathrow etc?

Or maybe the bug sleeps until 4am and then gets up?

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 4, 2020