Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm picturing some of Trump's worst cronies being forced to bow on one knee and grovel before Trump before he decides whether or not he gets them off.

King obama! King obama!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm picturing some of Trump's worst cronies being forced to bow on one knee and grovel before Trump before he decides whether or not he gets them off.

Honestly I’d be surprised if he doesn’t go, “hey I got this idea from Vince” as he turns around and starts pulling his pants down.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shame on an IGA posted:

please, Donald John Trump has never gotten anyone off

Well he got Herman Cain off this planet.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

:trumppop:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Trump’s considering pardoning his three fuckup kids and Jared Kushner, totally cool and not at all suspicious at all

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/us/politics/rudy-giuliani-pardon.html

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MazelTovCocktail posted:

:thurman:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Trump’s considering pardoning his three fuckup kids and Jared Kushner, totally cool and not at all suspicious at all

I can't wait to see what the chuds say if he pardons himself.

If he does, it's effectively an admission of guilt, which would mean he broke the law. If he doesn't, he can continue to claim innocence, but open himself to prosecution.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

If he does, it's effectively an admission of guilt, which would mean he broke the law. If he doesn't, he can continue to claim he didn't break the law, but be open to prosecution.

They will not care in the slightest. Rule of law is a cudgel for use against minorities and poor people.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

"He's just being smart because the obviously biased FBI and Biden DOJ would not give him a fair shake anyway"

Although I don't know if you can grant a blanket "I pardon myself for crimes that may or may not have taken place during the years 2016-2020", problems with pardoning himself aside, like do you have to be specific about what crime your pardoning a dude for?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/nuclearkatie/status/1333956929866117123?s=20

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I think they gave Nixon a blanket one didn't they?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/eaton/status/1333930318726914052?s=20

That whole hearing was just crazy pants-on-head energy

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Yes but it probably wouldn't have held up if it was ever tested in court. And it still contributed to Ford losing the election.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

CBJSprague24 posted:

If he does, it's effectively an admission of guilt, which would mean he broke the law. If he doesn't, he can continue to claim innocence, but open himself to prosecution.

Anything that involves a self pardon only applies at the federal level. State of NY is rumored to be sitting on 60+ indictments and just waiting till 12:01 Jan 20th to file charges.

Trump is either going to jail or will lose everything the banks owns trying to stay out of it.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Basically. The language of it was something like any crimes associated with his time as president or some poo poo.

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/eaton/status/1333930318726914052?s=20

That whole hearing was just crazy pants-on-head energy

Was it an actual hearing or another one of those Ramada Inn conference room sessions where they get a bunch of hacks to sit around and say "elections are bad"? Because if its the latter, everyone needs to stop calling them hearings and start calling them group therapy sessions or "meetings".

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Genocide Tendency posted:

State of NY is rumored to be sitting on 60+ indictments

:eyepop:

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Smdftb you stupid piece of poo poo. You deserve everything Trump gives you.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What are they realistically going to do? A small show of force (and no I’m not trying to excuse service members who got traumatic brain injuries as not being a big deal) and that’s it? They clearly designed it to look big, but to avoid American casualties. Honestly if that was the trade off for making Qassim part of the pavement at Baghdad international it’s , arguably, wasn’t a bad deal. Also they immediately own goaled themselves with shooting down a civilian plane...that took off from their own country.

If they or more likely the IRGC (which I’d love to see a comparison analysis between it and the Kwantung Army in the 1930s) try anything big the Islamic state is going to have some very bad times. I do think it’s unfortunate that the IRGC constantly sabotages attempt by the reform minded members of the Iranian Government and people...because I belief the IRGC acts parallel to the government conducting its own foreign policy and military operations.

The realities have shifted. Iran has a lot of enemies who would love nothing more then to end the Islamic Republic of Iran. Also Trump seems to not want to avoid conflict as he did previously (missile attack and the Saudi refinery)

They going to try and close Hormuz? That’s going to make Praying Mantis look like a goddamn picnic by comparison (also if I recall the Iranian Navy is not in good shape anyway compared to their other branches). Trump would love to have a Ronnie moment.

Launch a large scale missile attack on Israel? Yeah that will absolutely end well for them.

Terrorist attack abroad (similar to Argentina), perhaps, but not the United States, because goddamn Bernie would have even clapped back at them with the military for a domestic terrorist attack on US soil.

Move ahead in the nuclear program? Fine but all it does is confirm all the claims against them.

They’re going to continue doing the same poo poo they always do. Deniable ops from Yemen, the Shiite Militias in Iraq, destabilizing Lebanese and supporting Assad.

They wait till Biden takes office...I don’t think he’ll be able to or even will tolerate the things Trump did (not that Trump did out of strong moral strength or strategic though) without a response.

I just feel they have no response that is any different from the past that doesn’t end very badly for them.

Look I don’t want a bunch of dead Iranians or anyone else, but I don’t see what they can do beyond previous actions that doesn’t end badly for them. I’m not trying to be a jackass, I just don’t know what they can realistically do. Then again unlike North Korean threats I don’t view Iranian ones as idle bitching.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 2, 2020

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I don't even want to try to find the twitter thread, but that was the rumor.

Someone with the credibility to make it sound legit or at least partially legit broke down the various threads. All centered around Trump org, foundation and some of the other entities under Trump's umbrella of bullshit. Most of it related to tax and wire fraud. Basically the state proved he was using dual books and defrauding everyone from the tax man to the banks funding his business failures.

You can google a dozen stories from major news groups and get the same general outline, just not the "pending indictment" part.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Honestly surprised they didn't scrap it as soon as Trump broke the deal.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I don't even want to try to find the twitter thread, but that was the rumor.

Someone with the credibility to make it sound legit or at least partially legit broke down the various threads. All centered around Trump org, foundation and some of the other entities under Trump's umbrella of bullshit. Most of it related to tax and wire fraud. Basically they proved he was using dual books and defrauding everyone from the tax man to the banks funding his business failures.

You can google a dozen stories from major news groups and get the same general outline, just not the "pending indictment" part.

Honestly I think inauguration Cyrus Vance needs to indict and attempt to extricate or at the least prevent them from traveling outside the country and surrendering their passports (although I’m not sure what the mechanics for that are or if it’s possible just based on an investigation).

That said I could see Trump just hanging out in Florida and DeSantis refusing to extradite him. Would be amusing to have Florida be his Ecuadorian embassy prison.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

trump has threatened to veto the NDAA if they do not add a rider that strikes down section 230 because he's so mad at twitter flagging his lies as lies.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Mr. Nice! posted:

trump has threatened to veto the NDAA if they do not add a rider that strikes down section 230 because he's so mad at twitter flagging his lies as lies.

But doesn't the GOP want less government interference of private companies?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i hope they do it so social media can die

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Don’t forget his need for rear end sucking up to traitors.

That said I doubt he’ll do it. It’s the NDAA when is the last time any President actually vetoed one?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Don’t forget his need for rear end sucking up to traitors.

That said I doubt he’ll do it. It’s the NDAA when is the last time any President actually vetoed one?

What does it matter to the president at this point? Even if it fucks things up it doesn’t cost him anything to be completely intransigent if his whims aren’t met, that’s something for McConnell, Pelosi, and Biden to worry about.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

A moral society has no need for charity.

This seems like a worthy cause to spend the money I'm saving by not buying presents for or even talking to the family members who went full QAnon chud this year.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midjack posted:

What does it matter to the president at this point? Even if it fucks things up it doesn’t cost him anything to be completely intransigent if his whims aren’t met, that’s something for McConnell, Pelosi, and Biden to worry about.

Probably nothing, especially since Congress probably override it.

Oh and to answer my own question.

https://twitter.com/steventdennis/status/1333973311815102465?s=21

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That margin wouldn’t necessarily hold up if legislators were forced to consider an override but otoh 90% of Congress is a tomahawk missile in a suit

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
Y’all should brush up on Budget Resolution -> NDAA -> Appropriation

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1333975991518187521

You get what you deserve when you get in bed with trump

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Woofer posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1333975991518187521

You get what you deserve when you get in bed with trump

Last I checked that was worth about 130k

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/markagee/status/1333981785919680512?s=21

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Anything that involves a self pardon only applies at the federal level. State of NY is rumored to be sitting on 60+ indictments and just waiting till 12:01 Jan 20th to file charges.

Trump is either going to jail or will lose everything the banks owns trying to stay out of it.

Basically. The language of it was something like any crimes associated with his time as president or some poo poo.

Was it an actual hearing or another one of those Ramada Inn conference room sessions where they get a bunch of hacks to sit around and say "elections are bad"? Because if its the latter, everyone needs to stop calling them hearings and start calling them group therapy sessions or "meetings".

Can you imagine being the poor bastard Secret Service agent who has to be with him in prison? I mean they aren't putting him in gen pop but having to listen to him rant all loving day about how it was all an Obama led conspiracy....

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thomamelas posted:

Can you imagine being the poor bastard Secret Service agent who has to be with him in prison? I mean they aren't putting him in gen pop but having to listen to him rant all loving day about how it was all an Obama led conspiracy....

Let’s be honest if your draw that job, you probably made some very poor decisions.

Alternatively it’s easy as poo poo, because he can’t override the normal rules of being in prison, and you can just gently caress around and play switch all day.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

He’ll pardon Barron for completeness.

Not Tiffany.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Let’s be honest if your draw that job, you probably made some very poor decisions.

Alternatively it’s easy as poo poo, because he can’t override the normal rules of being in prison, and you can just gently caress around and play switch all day.

Now when you say playing switch...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Now when you say playing switch...

with a long, flexible piece of wood.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I do feel like drawing that duty is a sign the agency would like you to quit, yes.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Lol at the idea that trump will ever face a single consequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
In honor of 2020 I am going to make people extra strong eggnog.

But instead of "extra strong" as in extra booze, it means I triple the eggs.