Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

As Nero Danced posted:

This year's felt like a decade. God I hope 2021 is boring, whoever said "may you live in interesting times" is an rear end in a top hat.

What's left on the natural disaster checklist, volcano?

Were coming up on the 10 year anniversary of the March 11 tsunami. Seems like the right time for the Cascadia fault to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Stravag posted:

Always liked Page's acting in umbrella academy. Really hoping the show doesn't do "well the actor is trans the character is too now" thing where Hollywood likes matching sexual identity or preference to the actual actor for whatever reason.

Easier to explain to the audience.

Also, it's still 2020 so watch them just cancel the show, or something.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1334132083653029894?s=21

One weird trick to be irritated by vote results! (It’s the other side also voting)

Turns out preventing the other side from voting wins elections.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Stravag posted:

Its always the best when you have the 30 man packs of bikes filling the entire lane to the dividing line instead of using the 4 foot wide paved bike path thats set off the road for them to use instead of loving up traffic in a 55mpg road

I don't know how many of you have been on your local bike paths, but I'd wager they're all similar to the ones around me and you'd destroy your balls just riding normally on a mountain bike, much less a road bike if you rode on them. And a lot of those "bike paths" are also shared use, so you'll have a group of 30 riders, going in excess of 20mph, trying to avoid pedestrians.

There are a lot of problems that need to be addressed, and the only way to really do it is to dump money into infrastructure specifically for bicycles.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Don't worry, self driving cars will ALSO solve the bicycle problem!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

stealie72 posted:

And we can all ignore his stupid bullshit.

We can, but the news media won't because it gets views.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Proud Christian Mom posted:

consistently attacking a marginalized power's nuclear program only further entrenches their correct belief that it is key to their survival and will in fact ensure they build nuclear weapons

This is the truth of it. Everyone saw what happened to Gaddafi and learned "oh, if we actually do give up our weapons, they'll have no reason not to have the CIA initiate a coup." Look how we treat NK and Israel.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 9, 2020

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Yes, there certainly wasn't any "tried to slaughter his way into staying in power when Libyans wanted him gone" involved, it was definitely just the CIA. Because the Arab does not actually have agency, you see.

Please make this idea go away, I feel dumber every time I read it.

What do you think the CIA does exactly? They're not the ones giving orders, but if you don't think they're involved in conflicts like that then you're extremely naive.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Someone take a look and see how many of those people are in horrifically gerrymandered districts.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Kinda. The South has *meth* now.

So did the Nazis, and that didn't help them.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Shame the DNC had to eject the #metoo module in order to get Biden into office.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Can someone explain what exactly happened, to whom, and what it means? Everything I've seen linked is a little too technical for my dumb brain.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

So the implied idea here is supposed to be that the corpses of our enemies will fertilize the plants I guess? Meaning that battlefields will have small patches of plants growing wherever someone died.

Whole lot of plants growing on the deserts of the Middle East.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I see that qualifications are not something you need for positions in the Biden cabinet. Nice to see him carrying that over from the previous administration.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/SarahNEmerson/status/1338927513548931072?s=19

My personal hope is that the permanent folks at the sub-secretary level get hyper-empowered so all of the politicians in the agencies do politician poo poo like ribbon cutting, schmoozing, and nothing more.

Except for the Department of Energy, that should go back to being a Nuclear Brain Surgeon like it was before.

All of that won't happen, of course, but it's a nice dream.

From the comments:

https://twitter.com/mg81992/status/1338933816581369865?s=19

:lol: De Vos is rich as poo poo and has been using her position to make herself more rich. These people need to learn to respect their enemies, especially since they've been getting their asses kicked by them for the past 20 years.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Is that bullshit about making it illegal to hold companies accountable still in there?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Is he standing on a box?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

My friends, let me spread the good word of the Volvo wagon, our true road master.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Cugel the Clever posted:

In space gay communist utopia everyone lives in a walkable neighborhood, can satisfy their daily necessities with a 15 minute walk, and safely and easily bike/bus/train anywhere else. Cars are used for fun on tracks, but are pretty rare outside of fulfilling freight/delivery needs and rich assholes collecting antiques.

And everyone who doesn't live near train tracks or in a metropolitan area gets to relearn how a horse and buggy work I suppose.

Or, that's what the gulags are for. They don't have to leave if they aren't allowed to.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I will vote for any candidate that will shut down space force.

Edit: I will settle for one that will shut down the Marines, though.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

They really do just need to make his grave marker a toilet with a pipe leading straight to his dead face.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1340363388988354570?s=20

Best Turkish agent is back in the WH talking to your good (great) favorite President

He's scraping the bottom of the barrel for any yes-men that could be left. He's stuck with the ghost of Rudy Giuliani, a convicted traitor, and the second dumbest lawyer alive.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

The armed guys already fled when they were told it was an "illegal gathering", brave brave sir militia ran away.

They're just following orders.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I've been operating under the assumption the every comedian is operating on nothing but coke and booze for my whole life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Bomb squad ain't gonna give a countdown my dude

What a bunch of jerks!