Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

This needs to be shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_jrebvmPlk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Years ago, I read some remarks by a woman who served the wealthy. Since 2017, I have wished I saved the story, because it was insightful and my memory doesn’t do it justice.

Was it this? Because it sounds a lot like this thing I remember: "inside the secret world of wealth managers", the Guardian, article sep. 2016

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/21/how-to-hide-it-inside-secret-world-of-wealth-managers

E. The author is a sociologist who went back to school for wealth management, because it was the only way she would be allowed inside the world of insane rich people to study them

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 19, 2020

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Hospitals and medical personnel should be financed by taxation.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

orange juche posted:

I feel really bad for the lorry drivers though, a lot of them are EU citizens and are trapped on that cold shitheap rock with the Brexiters, and the Brits haven't even seen fit to provide them with sanitary facilities, or food and water.

On Christmas Eve.

Wars have started for less lol. Good thing they're an integral member of the EU making any war inconcev... huh.
Oops.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Thanks for that post. It's so on the nose for our times it's beyond belief.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

piL posted:

1. What wars?

2. Not sure which NATO power is ready to leave NATO by initiating an attack on a NATO member in defense of the rights of truck drivers caught in a political shitslide.
Edit: or I guess which non NATO nation is interested in rolling the dice.

:thejoke:
More a comment on the state of the UK than anything. The complete and utter dickishness which just ends up hitting them in the dick over and over and over. It hurts everyone that has to deal with them too so there's anger there

Technically, maybe the football war but that's a stretch.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Kesper North posted:

if it goes on long enough, you might see Viking aiders come rescuing up and down the coast of England, distributing piles of cod, herring, literature, IKEA furniture and woolly jumpers.

Only after they agree to eat all the Scandinavian delicacies like salmiak and surstromming and film it.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I think it's a viral advertisement campaign for the new George Foreman grill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

Contemplate how much of the restaurant industry doesn't offer paid sick leave and how much of your food and the things you eat off of, the employees touch.

If you think that's bad, wait til you hear about your doctor!