Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ded posted:

Hotter planet = less dense = more speed

Might be something that simple.

I think the conservation of angular momentum would tend to slow down rotation if the atmosphere grew hotter and spread out further

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Jarmak posted:

Space is frictionless, momentum should be conserved indefinitely unless something steals it (like the moon's gravity).

Right which is why it would be conserved and rotation would slow down if the earth grew bigger

Classic ice skater analogy here

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nothing says effective party leadership like having a group of Democrats publicly take the GOP position on stimulus

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Let’s do it. Every time he spews his word salad on TV I’m expecting him to gracefully transition into a stroke anyway. This’ll just make it even more likely.

I wonder how long it’ll take me to catch on when he’s repeating “Big Mac” and slobbering on himself after ranting about a Twitter hashtag

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 2, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i hope they do it so social media can die

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That margin wouldn’t necessarily hold up if legislators were forced to consider an override but otoh 90% of Congress is a tomahawk missile in a suit

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can’t stay home, gotta work

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

luv 2 repeatedly say how much i respect flynn while mildly chastising him for treason

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

nullscan posted:

Has anyone heard anything from the Biden team about repaying this frikkin social security thing for AD folk? I know Trump was trying to hold it like a carrot to get reelected by the military. I've been putting mine aside in a savings account, but I know a lot of the lower enlisted guys are just treating it as free money.

I was thinking about that the other day. Since I separated after they took the money out I expect to just get a bill for $1,200 in the mail. AD would be expected to pay it back over a 6 months or so with each pay check. My squadron was practically begging people to just put the money into savings.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You gotta frontload the real content in your posts and then just kind trail off into whatever you’re thinking about at the moment

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Also it’s funny how that thing went from being reported as a robot, to just being garbage with a cell phone attached.

I feel like this describes all the things I got excited reading about in Popular Science

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

NYT figured out the redactions on the bribes-for-pardon scheme, a lot of nobodies and Jared Kushner's lawyer.

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1334673609441337344

https://twitter.com/HayesBrown/status/1334679618524241921

Dumbasses. The trick is to get the potential pardon recipient coverage on Fox News to attract Donald's attention. It worked for the guy who totally didn't attempt to sell photos of the sensitive bits on a nuclear submarine.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Well, someone at my husbands work tested positive for Covid, so everyone has to stay home for two weeks and get tested. Hopefully he'll be able to get unemployment again, but I have no idea how PA works. Also hopefully I'll avoid getting covid along with my husband, because gently caress that.

People have been testing positive in my office for weeks and they claim nobody had any meaningful contact with them

They are doing a decent job at keeping people separate though

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

she'll get right on it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

boner penis posted:

wow, SCOTUS shot down the Trump challenge so succintly

I wonder what TheDonald.win has to say about this....

...oh

Come kill my nuts losers. And suck’em!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Woofer posted:

I may have said it before but this experience has been incredibly humbling. I never got the flu shot because I never got the flu. But learning about how the vaccine isn’t for you, it’s for everyone else, has been something that’s become crystal clear in the last year, so I’ll be getting my flu shot from here on.

Don’t be an rear end in a top hat like I was for however many years it was that I skipped it. Get your flu shot.

Well it’s also for you and that’s cool too

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lightpole posted:

Wait how does chief of security not get healthcare with the job that covers that?

Having top of the line healthcare still means $6k+ in deductibles and out of pocket expenses before you max out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

now that’s turning swords into ploughshares

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

man this guy is not having good luck with the internet

https://twitter.com/jrw1672/status/1330868481261072384?s=20

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Godholio posted:

A plastic candle seems like a questionable choice, but I'll admit I'm not big into candle culture.

Open flames in space also seem questionable.

https://youtu.be/exq0CIA_xCg

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Midjack posted:

lmao good luck trying to weasel a job in the next administration you dumb fucker.

The mayor of Denver had a similar excuse. It’s not a good look no matter what her “bubble” is. So many people latch on to this behavior to explain why they think everyone in government is lying to them.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 20, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This is also the same logic people use when justifying their own special holiday trip. Theirs is different because they’re being careful, unlike everyone else.

And here I am like a loving idiot shutting out my entire family and social life when apparently I don’t need to.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Why is it always the anesthesiologists with the billing scam? Does their school tell them they can get away with it because they only see patients at their most vulnerable?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Seems like it would be easier to pass another bill for an extra $1400. They're not going to do that, though

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

The politics of this thing are all kindsa screwy:

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1341552825915101184

Pelosi coming out of the gate strong just neutered the whole "donnie gets the credit" thing. We're now in pocket veto territory though - Donnie could sit on the bill for the allotted 10 days and the covid-omnibus dies. The government would shut down on the 28th though, there was only a 7-day funding rider on that thing. The bill also can't be modified, it's literally on the way to Donnie. It's sign or veto/override, that's it.

The other alternative - someone sits Donnie down and explains to him that the covid-omnibus is actually two bills, and he was just reading off the omnibus poo poo, and the omnibus actually owns libs real good! Donnie caves, signs, and yells about funding more.

Pretty sure Republican Senators are really, really sick of his dumb poo poo at this point :laugh:

Edit: And Loffler/Perdue had ads in the field starting today claiming credit for the covid-omnibus!

https://twitter.com/jameshohmann/status/1341547141341335553

How's he supposed to pocket veto it in 10 days if Congress is in session until 3 Jan?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Well that’s ominous

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I still don’t think an override is guaranteed but I’m ready to enjoy the show

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This is basically how the new Assassin’s Creed portrays it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

should've closed down and told people to go home as soon as they started forming 12-hour lines because what the gently caress

no burgers for anyone until they stop acting foolish

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The homeless, well known for having homes

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don’t think that phrase was meant to be taken as instruction for the worship of an elder god but I suppose I wasn’t there when it was written

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Maybe they'll find some teeth embedded in a tree down the road

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The great negotiator at work

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

Surely this will be contained as well as we've contained every other variant

It’s already been spreading uncontrolled for three months so that cat is completely out of the bag.

Definitely be sure to call it the anglovirus though

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

Apparently some awesome dude smacked a racist piece of poo poo trash person with a Twisted Tea can, and now it's a meme.

https://www.newsweek.com/twisted-tea-video-1-million-times-memes-1557664

The video is glorious.

It was a hell of a hit

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

another sip out of the chalice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Countdown until somebody leaks an email showing how the FDA begged for waivers and was denied until a politically expedient moment