Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

This is one of those times I miss the old Cole who was easy to ignore; now I’m blinking away tears and planning on signing up for this.

Go pet Monty, Cole.

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1333896865880940544?s=20

:sad:

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 2, 2020

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Trump’s considering pardoning his three fuckup kids and Jared Kushner, totally cool and not at all suspicious at all

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/us/politics/rudy-giuliani-pardon.html

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Flynn’s freshly pardoned and going for that Big Right Wing Authoritarian Energy:

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1334130843137269761?s=20

I know Shim served under Flynn when he was at JSOC and has been crestfallen to see what he’s become, but I’d be curious as to what his other former colleagues at JSOC think of him now.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

PeterCat posted:

You should just accept that riding a bicycle isn't compatible with American roads instead of trying to force the issue.

You sound like a open carry advocate.

:rolleyes:

Talk to me about how unreasonable city cyclists are after you’ve had a driver stand over you and screaming right after they opened their door into the bike lane, sending your highly visible rear end flying over the bars for having the temerity to ride your bike where you’re legally allowed to. gently caress car culture and its enablers, and I say this as someone who has a car as well.

Edit:

Hyrax Attack! posted:

It was fascinating learning how Italy was straight up defeated by Ethiopia in 1896 and lost 6,000 guys. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Adwa

The Museum of Addis Ababa has more than a few things that throw low-key shade at the Italians, including one picture with the caption that says something to the effect of “this depicts the first time the Ethiopians evicted Italian colonizers from their land” or something like that.

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 3, 2020

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Taking a break from oppressing poor widdle dwivers with my mean ol’ bicycle to bring you this

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1334134478042587137

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

We can go back and forth trading stories about that time you got stuck behind a bunch of Middle Aged Males in Lycra (MAMIL- this is actually a thing and no one likes them, but even other cyclists or Jesus) or that time some rear end in a top hat on a fixie blew through a stop sign and almost hit someone, but I think we can all agree that a bike vs car collision is much less worse than a car vs bike one.

Every time I’ve nearly been killed by a car, it has been when I’ve been following the law to a T. Now I ride aggressively to increase my own visibility, and therefore, survivability. I blow kisses and give thumbs up to pissed off drivers who were inconvenienced for 10 seconds when I took the lane to pass some rear end in a top hat double parked in the bike lane.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

The Washington Post surveyed nearly all 250 congressional Republicans with three pretty straightforward questions about the election’s outcome and the results were, uh, not exactly encouraging.

While I know that a part of this can be attributed to Republicans not wanting to cross Trump and end up on the business end of one of his Twitter tantrums, this really has gone on for too long.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Staten Island’s hottest club is... MAC’S PUB.

It’s got everything- illegal parties in contravention of COVID restrictions, NYPD surveillance, Proud Boys, the owner driving for three blocks with a cop clinging on for dear life, and rabid Trump supporters!

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-macs-pub-owner-arrested-hits-deputy-car-20201206-q7evw2qyx5di3d7l34tjlyzdra-story.html

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

A goon everyone was calling a cop two weeks ago.

Was that breadandsucc?!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Yes, there certainly wasn't any "tried to slaughter his way into staying in power when Libyans wanted him gone" involved, it was definitely just the CIA. Because the Arab does not actually have agency, you see.

Please make this idea go away, I feel dumber every time I read it.

Yeah I also hate the really loving tired “Arabs wouldn’t have risen up in 2011 without the CIA sparking it” for the reason you listed. I lived in Egypt right before the “revolution” and it was clear something was going to happen. The murder of Khaled Saeed happened practically down the street from where I lived at the time and it was clear that people were angry, pissed and not going to tolerate the status quo anymore. They sure as poo poo didn’t need any Westerners pulling any strings in the background.

That said, if Qadhafi had nukes or other WMD, that would may have changed the calculus for external intervention from NATO or the UN or whatever but likely wouldn’t have factored in for their civil war.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Milo and POTUS posted:

Surprising at all that reagan would give a poo poo about the grid

:thurman:

Meanwhile, the State Department is ending 2020 on a very :sad: energy international super spreader note:

quote:

The State Department hosted roughly 200 guests Tuesday night at the presidential guesthouse despite concerns of public health experts and a new positive coronavirus case on the premises since last week, according to two U.S. officials.

A State Department spokesman said the “Holiday Cheer” reception that typically follows the tour was canceled this year because of concerns about spreading the novel coronavirus, but two bars were set up in the guesthouse as the face-shield-wearing catering staff poured drinks into holiday-themed paper cups. Guests unmasked to consume the beverages, causing people to congregate and create occasional choke points, the two officials told The Washington Post.

Amid the poinsettias, chandeliers and meticulously decorated Christmas trees, children on Tuesday night received “Be Best”-branded swag such as backpacks, Frisbees and water bottles from first lady Melania Trump’s signature anti-bullying and wellness initiative. The State Department has a stockpile of “Be Best” merchandise that is often handed out when the first lady travels abroad. In the absence of a second Trump term, officials need to find a home for the surplus gear, one U.S. official said.

“It’s time to get rid of the leftovers,” the official said.

I went to a State Department holiday party and all I got was a Be Best water bottle and the Rona!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...00c2_story.html

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

All of these Arab countries making “peace” with Israel is less a diplomatic breakthrough led by the US and more of the Gulf states and Morocco formalizing a relationship that began in the late 2000s and has only deepened through the 2010s. A lot of the GCC countries have directly benefitted from Israeli military/tech/intel back room deals, and it’s pretty much an open secret. Netanyahu continues to mold himself in the image of a Middle Eastern autocrat anyhow, so it makes sense that the Gulfie ruling families would eventually see him as a member of the club.

Most Arab countries continue to pay lip service to the Palestinian cause but none of them have really given a real poo poo about Palestine since the 80s at least.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Happy Friday everyone! Let’s start off our weekend by checking in on our big special president!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1337385736530780161

Totally normal! Cool and good!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Woofer posted:

People should be protesting en mass because of stuff like that. People really expect the Democrats to steer themselves left.

Joe and Kamala just got to be Time’s Person of the Year simply because they aren’t Trump. There are legions of liberals who think that things will get better simply because they aren’t the Bad Orange Man while having some huge loving blinders on regarding how national-level Democrats are largely just as pro-corporate and anti-worker as the Republicans- they’re just nicer about how they phrase their bullshit and hey, they just tweeted a Pride flag and said Black Lives Matter, what progress!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

And that was the analysis from Cloud-Cuckoo land, and now Phil with the weather.

Yeah sorry, I was super annoyed about some other things and went a little too fangs-out on this one. Not being particularly impressed with centrist Democrats isn't exactly a take that's out of place in this forum, though.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Well, who can say how we got here? I, for one, just fell from a cabbage cart yesterday, but there's no telling where that cart came from. What I do know is, America cannot afford to stand by and let Iran just do whatever. Whatever they're doing, they should know we won't let them threaten our strategic interests in them not doing it.

Iran kind of disproves your point about a historical perspective; if anything, we've allowed 1979 to cloud our relations and perception of them and influence policy in a terrible direction. They are a regional power with historically contiguous borders and culture (which is more than can be said for our Gulf Arab allies, who are in power because they found oil beneath their feet) and should be treated as such. We'd do better to put away poo poo that happened 41 years ago,. treat them with a modicum of respect, and integrate them back into the international community. Basically like how the Europeans do it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, the SCOTUS decision to not even HEAR the case has me just as :ohdear: as if they had. Donny is the type who was probably pretty sure "his people" were going to back him up, which further proves just how bad his advising is - once SCOTUS Justices are seated the only thing they care about is their ~legacy~, and no one wants to die on Orange Hill.

Trump gonna flash pack the court with 20 more 35 year old Liberty University law school grads who will agree to hear the case in mid-January

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Hey this is totally cool and normal, Trump or someone in the administration invited the leader of the Proud Boys to the White House.

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1337771241919422465

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

My wife and I just got woken up by a series of loud booms here in DC. My first thought was that Uncle Vlad opened up the gift of canned sunshine, my second thought was that one of the Proud Boys who was in DC for yesterday’s cult rally decided to kick off the boogaloo by detonating a car bomb. After a few bewildering moments in which I wasn’t vaporized by a blast wave or deafened by a horde of sirens, I found out it was an old Holiday Inn getting demolished across the Potomac, several miles away in VA.

https://twitter.com/ArlingtonVaPD/status/1338107350746603526

No coffee for me today, thanks!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

What in the hot gay gently caress was that

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Pro-tip: if you know you need to get a bunch of vaccines or boosters, try to spread them out over a couple of appointments. I had to get five in one sitting before my first trip to Sub-Saharan Africa and I felt like someone had repeatedly walloped my arm with a 2x4 while also feeling slightly hungover for a few days. F- would not recommend.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Dick got Hartman's wife back on coke and a coke bender led to her murder / suicide event. And iirc the cause : effect was in like the same loving day.

He also said to Jon Lovitz ”I put the Phil Hartman hex on you, you’re next” which prompted Lovitz to slam Dick’s head into a hotel bar.

So yeah, Lovitz didn’t go far enough.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Where does Subaru ownership fall on that scale? Like, the non-sport segment of sensible wagons and suvs. Amount of flannel and golden retrievers not withstanding.

I’ve only driven Subarus and I can confirm that women want to be with me and men want to be me. Everywhere I go, heads turn at the practicality, elegance and versatility of my Subaru Outback Sport, particularly when I’ve got one of my bikes on the hitch rack, my dog drooling out of the window, and the wind gently ruffling the collar of my flannel.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Handsome Ralph posted:

This is the most cursed thing I've seen in awhile

https://twitter.com/ross_luvs_pizza/status/1339588297538977793?s=19

Yeah, I'm sure Pat Tillman would have totally signed up for Trump's bullshit, yessir :rolleyes:

Everything I’ve read about Tillman suggests he would have rolled a frag grenade into that room.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Hey season finale of The Mandalorian drops tomorrow along with the rest of the soundtrack for season 2...so something good.

Yeah that’s all well and good but I’m going to be pissed if Mando doesn’t take off his helmet and speak directly into the camera about the need for sustainable transport infrastructure in Coruscant.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

That bill seems very much like FOSTA and SESTA that were well-intentioned in terms of trying to cut down on sex trafficking but ended up making it harder and more dangerous for sex workers instead. Why, sometimes I think that Congress just doesn’t think about the implications of the legislation it passes!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I'm so loving happy that our benevolent overlords that have been so good to us throughout this pandemic will be able to continue safely governing

September:

quote:

When a man in the crowd of her Iowa campaign stop told Sen. Joni Ernst (R) on Monday that he believed the number of U.S. coronavirus deaths had been overcounted, Ernst replied that she too was “so skeptical.”

“These health-care providers and others are reimbursed at a higher rate if covid is tied to it, so what do you think they’re doing?” she said to the crowd outside Waterloo, Iowa, according to a report by the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier.

December:
https://twitter.com/SenJoniErnst/status/1340796685824503809?s=20

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Other things in the bill:

preventing ACORN, an organization that ceased to exist a decade ago after James O’Keefe pulled one of his fake stunts, from getting any of the bill’s funds

Holding Chinese officials accountable for repressing Tibetan Buddhists

Examine how China is influencing climate change

Up to 200 million to the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative, which was started by Ivanka Trump

A tax break for NASCAR

and

A tax break of up to $2500 for purchasers of electric motorcycles.

Getting unemployment extensions is undoubtedly a good and necessary thing but there’s a ton of poo poo in this 5600 page bill that was just crammed in by lobbyists.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

To commemorate the saga of the December 2020 CE thread, I shall livestream myself riding a bicycle with complete disregard for traffic laws and pedestrian safety while blasting Queen’s “Bicycle Race” and yelling at the RIAA that I’m not going back to prison and that they’ll never take me alive.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I’ll take Kyle Rittenhouse.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Nah he can't do that because it's state charges.

Why would he let a little thing like the Constitution stand in the way of bigly MAGA justice? :sad:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1341902581002629122

https://youtu.be/xF0cGt5-69k

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Doc Hawkins posted:

for the third year in a row, we get a public christmas message from Kevin Spacey, whose anonymous sexual assault victim died suddenly last year, a bit before his civil case could start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6_N8uxJQ3g

Were it any other actor I’d laud them for making a video like this (suicide prevention) but with Spacey I can’t help but feel skeeved out by it even if he made this with noble intentions.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

It’s because that VBIED was parked in front of an AT&T data center. The gas and electricity has been cut off to the building so it’s running on reduced capacity with generators.

Also someone please correct me or edit this out if it’s :nsa: otherwise but I don’t think it would be too difficult to build a simple initiator over a bunch of TATP and rig a countdown with a bluetooth speaker and a prerecorded message.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Whatever his motivations end up being, I’m slightly concerned that there are probably highly motivated individuals or small groups who have had it reinforced that you can cripple the emergency communications systems of a major US city and shut down an international airport by way of some explosives knowledge and a well-placed RV.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

The Hotel Harrington, an iconic low-cost tourist hotel in downtown DC a few blocks from the White House, and the adjacent Harry’s Bar, a bar popular with chuds (and unpopular with their black and brown staff who had to wait on them) which served as the Proud Boy’s Secret Clubhouse will be closed for Trump’s last stand and now the chuds are PISSED.

https://mobile.twitter.com/willsommer/status/1343752428609556483

You love to see it! :sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I hope the Proud Boys and Girls make peace and go on a retreat together, then all loving die before they reach their destination.