Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

mlmp08 posted:

Unfortunate bad news. Current event: pedestrian deaths are on the rise the last several years.

It is literally a current event and public safety problem.

People disregard thousands of fatalities by calling it “bike chat.” hosed up imo.

Fuckin lmao I remember this used word for word durring the April copchat halt.

Stay at home order in Los Angeles seems more legit this week. Just got the week off from my latest notajob. Two neighbors mentioned that something changed because of the order. Less drastic than spring lockdown, same confused energy.

Edit: I am here mostly for bikechat tho. Fight that crusade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Man gently caress logical consistency.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

bulletsponge13 posted:

Mayor Pete is apparently the new Sec of Transportation.

As of i needed another reason to hate this incoming admin.

I would have figured that Transpo was like a thing Biden would have lined up for his favorite Amtrak conductor. Even his love of trains cannot stop him from putting in a guy who's only skill is stripping the copper out the walls.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

facialimpediment posted:

Well here's some hilarious good news.

https://twitter.com/owermohle/status/1339338381831114759

Apparently vials are routinely overfilled due to expected spillage in the draw, but Pfizer's vials are REALLY overfilled and pharmacists were like "hey, there's enough for another dose or two".

Yes, give me the vax equivalent of scraping out the resin in my bong.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Woofer posted:

gently caress you prick

What I’m getting from this thread is that if minimum wage went from $7.25 to $10, I shouldn’t bitch about minimum wage because hey, that raise would help a lot of people.

Same vibe

I helped set up the PPP pipeline for my job back in July. Been unemployed since.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

orange juche posted:

Cole, just go back to posting in cspam unless you've been ejected from there by the mods and that's the reason you came back here to make posts that throwing the baby out with the bathwater is actually a good thing that should be done.

Man gently caress off with that. Coles been here for a DECADE, not gonna ask folks like that to scoot off.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

mlmp08 posted:

PPP, even if it were perfect, wasn't designed as investment capital for NEW businesses, though? And gently caress #3, shitloads of businesses go under just because of mass market forces that screw them over, not just from owner looting the coffers.

It's a joke about the Harris student debt forgiveness plan/farce

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The more things change the more things stay the same.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Say poo poo with your chest, gently caress feelings

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Grip it and rip it posted:

If you want real political discussion you have to go-to bread n roses.

Nah dude, you go down to the coffee shop that has an out door table with an ash trey for realpolitik

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

facialimpediment posted:

I really don't have a good read on its chances in the Senate. I'd say about a 75% chance that it just dies because Republicans won't give it 60 ($450B price tag apparently). Could very well be wrong.

Let them give into their scrooge desires. Let them say out loud with bass in their voices and puffed out chest "NO MONEY FOR CHRISTMAS"

My wife and I are god damned financial unicorns with no debt to service. It is wild how this stimulus and the UI plus up turns our budget spreadsheet from hella red to almost not red.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Also that Trump just asked if they had a Death Wish isn’t going to help too. Mitch is probably terrified that Don will tweet just vote on it separately to get the extra money out.

Yeah, fuckin love to see it.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I will use my $2000 to onboard to the 8 internet subscriptions I will interface the net with. I will also use it to upgrade to a Biden phone with the state approved firmware for contact tracing and extended battery life that is dedicated to keeping the microphone on at all times. I always keep my old phones so I will still post here on the underground net after we make Sealandia real. I would join you guys, but ya know, wife, kid, responsibilities.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

He was from Israel.

Why do we let spies out of jail instead of just launching them into orbit and out of an air lock?

Alive spies are trading cards for people unaffected by that spy. Baseball cards with a relatively long shelf life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

CommieGIR posted:

Finally found a photo of the "computer repair man" that "had" Hunter's laptop

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1344761964149542912?s=20

Are you serious with this look?

I get jealous of crazy people news sometimes. There's a sense of joy and entertainment to it that boring normal people news eschews.