Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
This year's felt like a decade. God I hope 2021 is boring, whoever said "may you live in interesting times" is an rear end in a top hat.

What's left on the natural disaster checklist, volcano?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

I always wanted to bulk order a bunch of little gold aluminum pyramids or cubes with a sticky pad on one side, and sell them as electro-harmonic frequency dampeners for audiophiles and people who think they have electromagnetic hypersensitivity. At least this actually does what it's supposed to do, even if the rubes were too stupid to figure it out.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

CommieGIR posted:

He totally will, if he's told he can save any amount of his empire/name brand he'll do it in a heartbeat.

Wait till he realizes he can blame them for everything. "I was busy being THE BEST PRESIDENT, anything illegal was done by those idiots."

Junior and Eric still haven't realized that Jared is his favorite son.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Woofer posted:

Do they think fort hood and fort bliss will suddenly become part of the Texas army or something

Between things like this and all other federal property (interstates, ports, etc), and businesses being spread out across multiple states nowadays, it would be next to impossible to pull it off. At best, they should try to break up Texas into smaller states so they get outsized representation in the senate, but that wouldn't compute with their base.

In short:

Do it again, Uncle Billy!

E: vvv

drat, Craig must have hit him with the brick harder than he thought.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 11, 2020

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/adamwren/status/1338936103483691019?s=20

Enjoying board games is all the qualification one needs

quote:

"In South Bend, Buttigieg sees his job as being able to make the trains run on time"

Nothing against Buttigieg, but for a second I thought this was about a Trump appointee.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
My brother got out of rehab around thanksgiving, and immediately relapsed. Just finally got sober again after having to check himself into a hospital. He's been sober for about a week now, but it's like a timebomb as to how long he'll last before he cracks and tries to get another drink.

I hope Mulaney does better than my brother, and for anyone else reading this, if you need help, loving let people know it. Your loved ones can't do anything if you hide it from them.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

sharknado slashfic posted:

I kind of figured Trump and Brexit were both long shot Russian plots that they're probably astonished actually succeeded

I've had an image in my head for years of Putin sitting at his desk with his head in his hands, dumbfounded. "We used to try so hard to disrupt the western nations. All we had to do was wait for twitter."

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Plus almost nothing has changed law wise so if another bad person felt like doing the same other than needing to buy bump stocks used. And might want to bring the bags up to his room over a few days instead of all at once.

Would it be accurate to say that until he broke the hotel window and barricaded the door, he hadn’t broken any laws?

This reminds me, how the hell are binary triggers legal? It's a second bullet fired for every trigger pull (technically it fires a bullet when you release the trigger), so that should run afoul of gun laws to my limited understanding of the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Whatever his motivations end up being, I’m slightly concerned that there are probably highly motivated individuals or small groups who have had it reinforced that you can cripple the emergency communications systems of a major US city and shut down an international airport by way of some explosives knowledge and a well-placed RV.

I'm reminded of a line that came up somewhere after one of the many school shootings, that for every mass shooting, there's at least one guy watching the news and taking notes for when he makes his move.