Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Woofer posted:

Nah I get it in this case man. It’s lovely and heartbreaking that we have a motherfucking government run website that is stockpiling letters of children begging for the basic poo poo they should never have to ask for.

gently caress me and gently caress everything.

Thanks, I didn't think about it that way until you brought it up. Went from kinda depressing to really fuckin' sad in about one post.

:saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

I can't wait to see what the chuds say if he pardons himself.

"He's just being smart because the obviously biased FBI and Biden DOJ would not give him a fair shake anyway"

Although I don't know if you can grant a blanket "I pardon myself for crimes that may or may not have taken place during the years 2016-2020", problems with pardoning himself aside, like do you have to be specific about what crime your pardoning a dude for?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Sacrist65 posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1334082139445489664?s=20

Remember when 2,996 people died on a single day and everyone in charge banded together to "never forget" and send us and our friends to get hosed up in a sandy and/or mountainous 3rd world country?

2,597 dead in a single day doesnt even make the front page.

Yea, but Covid isn't a source of oil nor can Raytheon develop some cool lazer bomb to to drop on it.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

Dude's basically paralleling Lowtax's career as an edgy internet funnyman, but 15 years later. This is his Uwe Boll moment, and it's going to be hilarious.

Except Uwe Boll was a hobbiest boxer at best IIRC, whereas Floyd is in the top X% of professional boxers.

So if Floyd deigns to actually get in the ring there is no way on earth he's gonna get touched by anything he doesn't want to get touched by and Logan will have his teeth by the end of it based on if this is a shoot or a work.

edit: read the article, it's a work brother.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 7, 2020

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

Man, it keeps happening to Rs only, I wonder why that is

Because covid is a soros developed super germ that targets only those with a love of freedom and the christian jesus.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Isn’t simp usually a right wing term? Which if it is, makes it extra hilarious for Big John Fetterman to use to describe them.

Is it? I've always took it as a easy way of calling out people who develop really deep parasocial relationships.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

at what point can people start throwing the word "sedition" around?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

There has to be a galaxy brain take of the vaccines only getting released because Trump lost, but I can't quite make it work

Got ya fam: They're only getting released now, so that a grateful populace will allow Biden to corral every white person into a "vaccination clinics" which will actually be re-education camps run by FEMA.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Why are bomb threats even an issue?

Just loving hop on Skype or something. Why is gov business still done in person?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Woofer posted:

Stop accepting the bare minimum or expect the bare minimum.

Fam we just had an entire primary about this.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

What exactly is surprise billing?

Is it that bullshit where you pay your copay, the insurance pays whatever, and it's been like two months because of insurance paperwork and you end up getting billed a couple hundred bucks because insurance didn't cover everything?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

stackofflapjacks posted:

This article is really cool, also features goon hero Bellingcat! Doing his usual, tracking the bio chem FSB unit that did the poisoning through flight logs and phone records.

I'm really curious as to the security measures this dude has.

I've studied some amount of executive protection stuff and have friends who currently do it for B-list celebs, and I can't imagine how you would keep this dude alive even if the Russian Government has a want to maintain some amount of direct deniability. I assume a lot of it has to be he rotates living quarters frequently, his food/drink is procured by layers of cutouts, and he doesn't go outside much.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

This assumes Russia doesn’t actually want the foreign public to know what they’re doing. Considering the response to assassination attempts on foreign soil is “so what are you going to do about it” the bellingcats of the world are probably neutral to good in Putin’s view

There's a difference between having a dude suicided, get stabbed during a mugging, or get sick and die, and having the police just straight up arrest the dude and put a bullet in the dudes dome. I assume its because the government wants to maintain some amount of direct deniability with regards to the dudes mysteriously untimely death for whatever reason.

I feel like you wouldn't use your special toxin commando team on a dude you don't care if he lives or dies.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

The position is that he could've died, so the message was sent.

Yea, but if I remember right isn't this the dude whose been poisoned like twice before this, had chemicals thrown on him, and was stabbed during a mugging or something?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

pantslesswithwolves posted:

To commemorate the saga of the December 2020 CE thread, I shall livestream myself riding a bicycle with complete disregard for traffic laws and pedestrian safety while blasting Queen’s “Bicycle Race” and yelling at the RIAA that I’m not going back to prison and that they’ll never take me alive.

Do it while firing a gun into the air.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It probably looks to harm D’s more

Centrists, both right and left leaning apply this phrase to any piece of action or legislation that isn't just doing what the republicans want the vast majority of the time. So there will need to come a point when one must ask themselves, If they really want a left leaning ostenisibly progressive party or do they just want a republican party that they can tell their LGBTQIA+ and Minority friends they're apart of without getting dirty looks.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Eej posted:

$2000 to an hourly worker can quite literally save their life. $2000 to a software engineer is a nice bonus. A person making 6 figures is benefiting less from a universal payout than someone who is living paycheque to paycheque.

It's like giving someone riding the poverty line a loaf of bread, box of fresh produce and a sack of potatoes every week versus some computer toucher in Silicon Valley (ignoring the part where the latter probably doesn't know what to do with it).

Giving everyone money is a lot easier and probably more effective than figuring out some sorta means test hurdle that screws some amount of people that actually need it. Worst case scenario in giving computer touchers 2k is that they go and spend it on food, stupid electronics crap, or spends it repaying loans.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

joat mon posted:

Essentially. It means you can't refuse to testify by pleading the 5th with regard to the pardoning jurisdiction. This is the actual legal rule of the Easlick case, not the 'finding of guilt' (implicit or otherwise) tweetbait.

So effectively if you get brought to court on matters relating to the pardon you have to either tell the truth or perjure yourself?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

As a current GA resident, I better be seeing my phone get blown up with GOTV involving mcconnell stopping the 2000$ stimulus.

Otherwise whoever runs GOTV for the democrats is a fuckin' waste of time, and should stop loving texting me. Republicans have been slamming my parents phone with "BACK THE BLUE!!!!" and "A NUCLEAR IRAN IS THE WORST THING!" tripe, and all I've gotten is basically the text version of that political cartoon where it shows democrats going "golly gee wouldn't it be wonderful if you voted for us?"

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

There has to be a way, along with DMCA reform, lower the liability shield and not cripple everything.

I mean sure, you'd probably have to turn ISPs into a utility, reform IP/CW law with regards to the internet, and still probably give some liability protection to "cloud providers".

There are relatively easier and less liable to actually hurt people who use the internet to accomplish what you want, which I'm supposing is to punish FAANGs for all their lovely decisions.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Proud Christian Mom posted:

repealing 230 is better than what we're doing now

I don't see how.

FANGs and near fang people have the capital to hire lawyers, moderators, and infrastructure to have it be a non issue, Bigger ISP's are the same. So you've basically just increased the barrier to entry for starting an ISP or creating any sort of hosting competitors. Not saying giant tech companies aren't gonna fight it, because it will cut into their bottom line, but goog and facebook aren't gonna stop being number 1 in their field if you spite everyone equally.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 30, 2020

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Discussion Quorum posted:

UK McDonald's 2021: the McRib returns. Just don't ask too many questions.

Customer: Oi gov whats with the lack of tomato and lettuce?

18 yr old cashier: *brings out a tablet* Back in June 2016 a bunch of old racist people.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nystral posted:

Source? All I know about Ossof is that he failed to get the house seats in 18 and this campaign now.

He's kinda a Milquetoast kinda dude as far as Democrats go. His 18 campaign was basically a stock standard "reasonable republicandemocrat" position. Which got him paddled by Karen Handle.

He would not have had a snowballs chance in hell of winning had Covid never happened, because Perdue's not hated enough to suppress his own turn out, he's not charismatic or inspirational enough to get people out to vote for him who might have otherwise stayed home, and Trump isn't near hated enough down here.