Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Icon Of Sin posted:

31 days left in 2020, anyone want to make bets on what other stupid things will happen this year?

Already covered:
Record shattering hurricane season in the Atlantic (one town got in 2 warning cones at the same time!)
Leads to my favorite experience of the year,
evacuating from the NC Outer Banks during a
pandemic
(I called it the “coronacaine
clusterfuck”)
Record breaking wildfires (US and Aus, at the very least)
Mentioned earlier, but bears repeating: COVID
Kobe Bryant’s helo crash (that was January!)
We came close to war with Iran, repeatedly
US started aiding Taliban vs ISIL
Deaths of Chadwick Bozeman, John Lewis, Ruth Bader Ginsburg
CAROL loving BASKIN
George Floyd (and many others :( )
Election clusterfuck (senate control is still up in the air!)

What else have I missed?

Obligatory “John Oliver blows up 2020” video for everyone’s enjoyment:

https://youtu.be/w405p8GeTps

Fearless predictions:

Dave Bowman's going to come back to Earth to warn us Jupiter is going to explode and create a second Sun, only this one will cause the heat death of the universe.

(Is "Trump fires zee missiles! into Tehran and Pyongyang" 2020 material or is he saving that for January 19, 2021?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm picturing some of Trump's worst cronies being forced to bow on one knee and grovel before Trump before he decides whether or not he gets them off.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Trump’s considering pardoning his three fuckup kids and Jared Kushner, totally cool and not at all suspicious at all

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/us/politics/rudy-giuliani-pardon.html

I can't wait to see what the chuds say if he pardons himself.

If he does, it's effectively an admission of guilt, which would mean he broke the law. If he doesn't, he can continue to claim innocence, but open himself to prosecution.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1334112581431087108

quote:

Reality check: Several allies who talk regularly to Trump told Axios they believe he'll announce for 2024, but ultimately not make the run because of what one Republican close to Trump called "hurdles he has never before experienced."

"I think he will have more trouble than he can begin to imagine," the Republican said. "No one is going to let him have a free pass in the primary."
"The only question left open is whether the media will give up their addiction to him or not — that will determine a great deal."

When Axios asked if that was a reference more to political trouble, financial trouble or legal trouble, the person replied: "Yes."

But announcing would complicate moves by 2024 rivals and would feed Trump his drug — coverage.

Is it even possible for the "LAMESTREAM MEDIA" to ignore Trump once he's out of office to stop him from getting his free publicity?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Mustang posted:

I think people that didn't vote for him will no longer care what he has to say since he's no longer President and not able to directly impact their lives with his bullshit. He's not even out yet and he's starting to lose Twitter followers in droves. I think he will continue to be prominent in Right Wing media but scarcely mentioned on everything else.

I wondered if this might happen. How many has he lost?

sharknado slashfic posted:

Current event: is SA a weird shade of blue for everyone right now or just me?

The buttons are a different shape for me.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Yes, because things didn't go their way.

This may be Season 7 of House of Cards, but the writing sure seems like it's Season 6.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

We have a family friend in the UK in his 80s who, to my amusement and relief, has been watching what's going on here with interest, hates the gently caress out of Trump, and keeps emailing us with curiosity as to how this election turned into a dumpster fire. I'm trying to answer his questions as best I can (based off summaries from facialimpediment et al) and he's asked about pardons. As best I can tell, the TL;DR at this point regarding pardons is:

-Trump can pardon himself and his shitspawn offspring but that doesn't remove them from state level scrutiny, of which there's enough to go around (maybe 60 indictments against :smugdon: himself in NY alone) and,
-Unless The Worst Timeline finds a way to continue (:ohdear:), there's a good chance Hair Fuhrer gets jail time and/or loses some or all of his bank-owned property starting 1/20/21 at 12:01pm.

Am I missing anything?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

McNally's going to swing back by this thread later and be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssed.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

It's a message vote, it's not going anywhere in the Senate to the best of my knowledge.

But, the leopards hunger for faces to eat.

https://twitter.com/rudygiuliani/status/1334928653889761281

I was with my dad earlier today, who insists on listening to Rush Limbaugh, and Rush was chiding "Republicans" for hanging Trump out to dry and not doing enough to get the results overturned.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm just hoping that the GOP coughs up the Senate because they're literally telling people in Georgia to not vote, which is the one thing they need people to do to keep it.

In attempting to appear to be supporting Trump's message of fraud, they're going to do more harm than good and I love it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That's cute, but it still doesn't accomplish anything as Biden won Nevada and Arizona. :ssh:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1335713280900345857

I'm surprised he isn't ordering SAM 26000 to be crashed into the Capitol Building.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rush Limbaugh is now even more all-in on supporting Trump and how, if the runoffs are lost in Georgia, it's the fault of the Establishment Republicans and not Big Strong Despot.

I just hope this is causing irreparable damage to the GOP.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1336064865111306240

Donnie hosed up and didn't buy enough up-front, so Pfizer locked up deals with other countries and they're now basically tapped out. Knowing he hosed up and likely cared too much about reelection to think long-term (or at all), Donnie is going to sign an Executive Order "making Americans the priority". It will likely not carry any legal power and get tangled up in courts at best.

He put all his eggs into the vaccine basket and forgot to make the basket big enough.

"I was trying to get a deal. I'm a master negotiator!" :smugdon:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

McNally posted:

Trump gave someone the Medal of Freedom yesterday.

He then got bored and wandered out of the room in the middle of the ceremony.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/12/watch-trump-walk-out-of-medal-of-freedom-ceremony.html

"Here, here's your dumb medal, I'm gonna go pout now."

For what it's worth, the ABC affiliate in Columbus, OH (Sinclair-owned) broke this news by saying this ends it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"We're gonna build the wall, and Mexico will pay for GUARD it!" :smugdon:

"We're going to build the wall, but defending it is for losers. We'll hire some Mexicans to do that."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Here are some answers about Trump's 757.

https://twitter.com/jonostrower/status/1334638231720087554

https://simpleflying.com/trump-boeing-757-engine-search/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

:lol:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Watch him try to "gift" himself a C-32, or better yet, "trade" for one.

"This one is already in a variation of the new AF1 livery, I don't see the issue."

Seriously, though, why in the hell is that plane stored with one engine? Did they get a chunk of money sending one to FedEx or whoever else at this point is still using RR-powered 757s? (American just dumped theirs, but United has some. Not sure if UPS' are RR or PW-powered.)

Also, if they were to put it in long-term storage, the desert is the place to do it, not Stewart, NY.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There was one batch of Catholic schools in the town I grew up in, but most of the kids turned out normal. That said, there were rumors that they were partying at a college level (i.e., party favors vs. the typical high school drinking antics) and supposedly there was some sex games competition students secretly took part in senior year.

My boss is Catholic and, aside from having as many kids as possible, he's not too bad or overt about it.

Our former Administrative Assistant, however, was also Catholic, and Jesus Christ, I thought devout Christians were bad. This family and the people surrounding them were straight out of Central Casting: half the boys in their Inner Circle were named Joe or some derivative thereof, there was excessive gushing and pissing matches over Catholic schools they had to fork over thousands of dollars to attend and which one(s) they went to, there was in office coordination of fish fries during Lent, the boys all loved Notre Dame, and she hated Obama's guts.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 9, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:circlefap: :sadtrump:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 12, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

A "Republican" "President" is going to hand the Dems the Senate on a "silver platter" and it's going to be "glorious".

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Firefox has random articles it thinks I might want to read when I open a tab, which I mostly don't, but this one about Johnny Depp caught my attention:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/hes-radioactive-inside-johnny-depps-self-made-implosion?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Is he the Hollywood equivalent of Donald Trump where he has a cult of devout followers willing to defend him to the ends of the Earth in spite of the fact he's a piece of poo poo? Not saying Amber is an angel free of blame, but a UK court recently ruled "Yeah, you abused her at least 12 times".

I don't follow entertainment at all, I just remember seeing Amber Heard's claims of abuse met by "NUH-UH JOHNNY WOULDN'T DO THAT, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DID THE VIOLENCE" on social media, which seems to run counter to the "support women who have been abused, violence against women isn't cool" train (which is the right one to ride).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Pine Cone Jones posted:

The Cleveland Depression

I do seriously believe that there will be blood spilled due to all these dipshits, but I hope that these are being taken seriously and the people who made the threats dealt with.

My concern is, if law enforcement steps in to intervene, it'll turn into "THERE INFRINGIN' ON ARE RIGHTS TA PROTEST, POLICE STATE" and it'll just embolden them more.

Nobody would know who this guy was it not for fuckin' Pete Davidson.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

lightpole posted:

Last time I saw my Dr I told him I didn't want the flu shot cause I didn't want autism. He said it was too late.

:tviv:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

PFIIIIIIZER....PFIIIIZER

VACCIIINE....VACCIIINE

Help me out, what's the right chant here?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

stealie72 posted:

I'm not sure how we recover from 1 in 1100 Americans dead, and by the time this is done, probably more like 1 in 800 Americans dead, because one of our two ruling parties decided that masks were tyranny, then marched armed around statehouses demanding that Americans be allowed to die because ____.

Like, how do we move past this? How do each of us personally forgive them for this poo poo, especially those who have lost someone?

I have this pit of anger and the worst my family has suffered is that I haven't seen my parents since last fall and we had to have a socially distanced graveside funeral service for my grandma (who died of being 96, not of covid) that my mom couldn't attend because she is immunocompromized.

It's because one of our two parties allowed a megalomaniac to rise to power and grab the entire Party by the balls to the point no one would stand up to him save for Mitt Romney for fear of being ruined by he and his cult, all the while allowing him to do irreparable damage to this country through horrible mismanagement of a pandemic and sowing distrust in the electoral system because he was afraid of losing (so he could have a boogeyman to blame if he did).

TL;DR- I'm probably never voting Republican again.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Stravag posted:

I think my favorite bit of cognitive dissonance from this whole shitshow is people saying that with record numbers of people voting (but only for trump) that its crazy how hard they had to work to steal the election. Its amazing doublethink that only one side of this could have shattered voting records in the country and all other votes are fake. But then again these are also the people who believe that trunp won last time even though there were 3 millions illegal votes cast against him so v0v

I went to a Trevor Noah show in 2018 and he had a bit about Trump, which drew boos from the crowd. His responses were "Don't boo, vote.", which led to applause, and something like "Whether you like him or not, Trump has created interest in politics unlike anything in recent memory".

In other words, a POTUS who, at that point, wasn't even halfway into his first term, had drawn such interest in government (and much of it was directly to counter him) that it was possible even then that millions of people would come out to vote against him. Give it a couple more years in which he was Impeached (and his party later admitted "yeah, he pretty much did it"), completely fumbled the response to a once-in-a-century pandemic by claiming it was a hoax, and stoked racial division reminiscent of 1968 and, much to his chagrin, people don't vote on who held the most rallies, but for other reasons such as "We don't want four more years of this rear end in a top hat".

Trump's not challenging ballots in states he initially trailed in but won because :lol:, why be consistent? The worst part is his followers, who held obnoxious poo poo like boat and truck parades, sincerely believe he had it stolen from him.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 15, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Foghorn Leghorn's gonna get it from Trump.

Woofer posted:

At this point it wouldn’t shock me if Trump just decided to be a democrat to get back at the republicans.

His track record of consistency doesn’t rule it out for me; it’s definitely >0.0% chance.

I'm calling him trying to get on the GOP ticket in '24 and, if they come to their senses and distance themselves from him, running third-party out of spite to torpedo the GOP candidate.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Grand Tour Malaysia also comes out on Friday finally

I finally started The Grand Tour from the beginning today. The first couple episodes were a bit weak, but it gets back to the normal Top Gear hijinx in the third episode.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Someone didn't get the memo that all of your shady and idiotic poo poo has to go down by untraceable phone calls instead of emails.

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1339260888126283784?s=19

"You know that thing people used to do with Chicken Pox where, if one had it, they'd have parties so that they all got it and it was over and done with? Let's do that with this global pandemic which has the potential to kill millions." :downs:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Related to that, Kanye West got a PPP loan.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This reminds me of the Big Ten announcing they were going to have conferences with names and wound up with loving Legends and Leaders instead of literally anything else.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm getting tired of people claiming gas prices are going to go straight through the roof under Biden Because Democrats while simultaneously forgetting they started to climb under W and were almost $4 per gallon before the economy tanked.

I had hoped that handing out 30 day sentences to CBJ's Facebook Prison for Political Idiots would be a one-time thing in November.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 19, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Porfiriato posted:

Maybe a bit of :pray: but Dominion and the other voting machine companies are considering suing right-wing trash TV into the ground for their repeated false claims, and some First Amendment lawyers seem to think they would have a pretty good case:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/20/business/media/smartmatic-lawsuit-fox-news-newsmax-oan.html

It's long, but the gist is that Fox News could probably survive it, but since Newsmax and OAN are already setting piles of money on fire trying to build viewership it could be the end of the line for them...and it would probably also threaten the likelihood of a Trump TV being created post-inaguration.

Please god, please god, pleeeeeeease. :ohdear:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

He did, but he's also discount knock-off Hitler who, much like the former, didn't realize it was over until it was too late.

facialimpediment posted:

Not sure if y'all have posted the Shkreli story from yesterday for context, but here it is just in case:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1340835705568804865?s=19

https://www.elle.com/life-love/a35021224/martin-shkreli-christie-smythe-pharma-bro-journalist

It's like if a multi-truck pileup happened on your front porch and each truck was hauling dumpsters on fire, causing each truck to catch on fire. It's a variant on how death row inmates sometimes get pen pals that want to marry them, but this one layers on the ick of it being Shkreli.

The best part is she was on Twitter yesterday defending what a good person Martin really is when you get to know him, almost with a Stockholm Syndrome to it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The New York Times has a big article about Dominion's likely lawsuits against FOX/OAN/Newsmax, in which this line:

quote:

And so Newsmax and OAN appear likely to face the same fate as so many of President Trump’s sycophants, who have watched him lie with impunity and imitated him — only to find that he’s the only one who can really get away with it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/20/business/media/smartmatic-lawsuit-fox-news-newsmax-oan.html

Trump really does ruin everything he touches. :discourse:

pantslesswithwolves posted:

A tax break for NASCAR

:laffo: what? Are they trying to become a not-for-profit like the NFL is?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I wonder how many chuds are pissed off that their Christmas packages may be late while simultaneously failing to realize it was their Dear Leader who defunded the Postal Service in an attempt to stop mail-in ballots.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Actually a question for your legal brain:

https://twitter.com/RamCNN/status/1341804240713465863?s=19

I interpret this as "here comes the pain". The legal voices I'm hearing from basically say that Dominion has a serious, no-bullshit defamation claim in a world where almost all defamation claims are bullshit. That about right?

Anyone else wondering if they sue Trump himself as well January 21st?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The references to Manafort being in the "hoax" and Stone being treated "very unfairly" makes me think Trump personally wrote these in crayon and some handler put them in third-person for public release.

e- https://twitter.com/WindsorMann/status/1341906497228451841

:aaaaa:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

You know you're a poo poo person when you're trending on Twitter for your final broadcast of the year while dealing with terminal cancer and most of the top Tweets celebrate your illness.

Merry Christmas, Rush.