Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goddamn it Sean Bean.

Also looking at that 2020 list...remember how fast Tiger King ascended and then crater from American pop culture in about two months? Covid-19 interestingly played a part in both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty soon we’re going to be doing a 9/11 a day. Only around 500 or so deaths needed.

https://twitter.com/covid19tracking/status/1333930759539798017?s=21

Osama’s fish food corpse somewhere wishing he could have been as good at killing Americans as Trump.

Oh is there any studies or analysis on what percentage of hospitalized people will wind up dying?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

God I loving hate cowboy fans.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm picturing some of Trump's worst cronies being forced to bow on one knee and grovel before Trump before he decides whether or not he gets them off.

Honestly I’d be surprised if he doesn’t go, “hey I got this idea from Vince” as he turns around and starts pulling his pants down.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shame on an IGA posted:

please, Donald John Trump has never gotten anyone off

Well he got Herman Cain off this planet.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What are they realistically going to do? A small show of force (and no I’m not trying to excuse service members who got traumatic brain injuries as not being a big deal) and that’s it? They clearly designed it to look big, but to avoid American casualties. Honestly if that was the trade off for making Qassim part of the pavement at Baghdad international it’s , arguably, wasn’t a bad deal. Also they immediately own goaled themselves with shooting down a civilian plane...that took off from their own country.

If they or more likely the IRGC (which I’d love to see a comparison analysis between it and the Kwantung Army in the 1930s) try anything big the Islamic state is going to have some very bad times. I do think it’s unfortunate that the IRGC constantly sabotages attempt by the reform minded members of the Iranian Government and people...because I belief the IRGC acts parallel to the government conducting its own foreign policy and military operations.

The realities have shifted. Iran has a lot of enemies who would love nothing more then to end the Islamic Republic of Iran. Also Trump seems to not want to avoid conflict as he did previously (missile attack and the Saudi refinery)

They going to try and close Hormuz? That’s going to make Praying Mantis look like a goddamn picnic by comparison (also if I recall the Iranian Navy is not in good shape anyway compared to their other branches). Trump would love to have a Ronnie moment.

Launch a large scale missile attack on Israel? Yeah that will absolutely end well for them.

Terrorist attack abroad (similar to Argentina), perhaps, but not the United States, because goddamn Bernie would have even clapped back at them with the military for a domestic terrorist attack on US soil.

Move ahead in the nuclear program? Fine but all it does is confirm all the claims against them.

They’re going to continue doing the same poo poo they always do. Deniable ops from Yemen, the Shiite Militias in Iraq, destabilizing Lebanese and supporting Assad.

They wait till Biden takes office...I don’t think he’ll be able to or even will tolerate the things Trump did (not that Trump did out of strong moral strength or strategic though) without a response.

I just feel they have no response that is any different from the past that doesn’t end very badly for them.

Look I don’t want a bunch of dead Iranians or anyone else, but I don’t see what they can do beyond previous actions that doesn’t end badly for them. I’m not trying to be a jackass, I just don’t know what they can realistically do. Then again unlike North Korean threats I don’t view Iranian ones as idle bitching.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 2, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Genocide Tendency posted:

I don't even want to try to find the twitter thread, but that was the rumor.

Someone with the credibility to make it sound legit or at least partially legit broke down the various threads. All centered around Trump org, foundation and some of the other entities under Trump's umbrella of bullshit. Most of it related to tax and wire fraud. Basically they proved he was using dual books and defrauding everyone from the tax man to the banks funding his business failures.

You can google a dozen stories from major news groups and get the same general outline, just not the "pending indictment" part.

Honestly I think inauguration Cyrus Vance needs to indict and attempt to extricate or at the least prevent them from traveling outside the country and surrendering their passports (although I’m not sure what the mechanics for that are or if it’s possible just based on an investigation).

That said I could see Trump just hanging out in Florida and DeSantis refusing to extradite him. Would be amusing to have Florida be his Ecuadorian embassy prison.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

trump has threatened to veto the NDAA if they do not add a rider that strikes down section 230 because he's so mad at twitter flagging his lies as lies.

Don’t forget his need for rear end sucking up to traitors.

That said I doubt he’ll do it. It’s the NDAA when is the last time any President actually vetoed one?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midjack posted:

What does it matter to the president at this point? Even if it fucks things up it doesn’t cost him anything to be completely intransigent if his whims aren’t met, that’s something for McConnell, Pelosi, and Biden to worry about.

Probably nothing, especially since Congress probably override it.

Oh and to answer my own question.

https://twitter.com/steventdennis/status/1333973311815102465?s=21

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/markagee/status/1333981785919680512?s=21

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thomamelas posted:

Can you imagine being the poor bastard Secret Service agent who has to be with him in prison? I mean they aren't putting him in gen pop but having to listen to him rant all loving day about how it was all an Obama led conspiracy....

Let’s be honest if your draw that job, you probably made some very poor decisions.

Alternatively it’s easy as poo poo, because he can’t override the normal rules of being in prison, and you can just gently caress around and play switch all day.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sacrist65 posted:

Only 4 people have been elected to be the DA of NY County in 78 years. Its probably the most powerful local jurisdiction in the country. I don't see that happening absent an almost literal smoking gun scenario.

Yeah, I’m just concerned he’s going to fly out of the country and never come back.

Hell I wouldn’t even put it past him “converting to Judaism” and claiming right of return in Israel...actually I could see Jared and Ivanka (who obviously don’t need to convert) doing that too.

Edit: I know the Meyer Lansky exception and a few recent ones, but I don’t recall the details enough off hand.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Woofer posted:

How dumb is it to rent a car and drive to Ohio to a house with like 5 people? I got invited this year and made a sad resolution last Christmas that I wouldn’t spend this Christmas alone. But it’s not a resolution worth dying over.

Cole...please don’t. Hey always a good time to adopt an animal.

I mean Ohio in general is a don’t in regular times.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Woofer posted:

There’s way too many variables for me to guarantee safety so I’m 99% sure I’m going to pass on going. It just sucks to spend another Christmas alone (like I have for the last six? or so years save for one horrible trip back home a couple years ago).

I’m tired of being lonely on the loving holidays.

Sorry, this is all irrelevant and I’ll take it to another thread.

Doggy or cat time?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

Georgia also has an odd history with Fire and Uncle Billy.

A beautiful one.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/covid19tracking/status/1334290576972238849?s=21

Also Redfield is basically saying 450,00 by February.

And at this point more Americans die each day then military have died then in Afghanistan (not the first time this happened. Not near Iraq yet. Sorry to be so loving grim, but while not 1:1 things, it’s still loving staggering to image.

https://www.defense.gov/casualty.pdf

In lighter news...the last line made me laugh (that said I don’t believe IRGC line either. I have to wonder why or what they’re concealing? That or they just have a love of lying and making poo poo up.

https://twitter.com/lizsly/status/1334293242377084929?s=21

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 3, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mlmp08 posted:

An eviction notice is a participation trophy.

It’s a way of saying the goal is not for all to thrive, but being a part of the economy is good enough!

Eh honestly it struck me as more pro union then anything else.

Also pro tip the Biden merch stuff that was all US and Union made...was pretty drat nice quality.

Comedy option should have been human capital to watch Twitter burn. Although it might cause Bernie to have the big one and AOC to have an aneurysm.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

https://twitter.com/attackerman/status/1334263856961626112

I think there's at least one guy who served with him in a command quoted in this article.
The guy quoted.
https://twitter.com/attackerman/status/1334264352199893000?s=21

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 3, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Woofer posted:

If only they would realize that previous presidents are rolling in their graves they would stop this and finally listen to reason.

Uncle Billy on the hand is dusting off his suit and looking into kerosene logistics.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I want to see the eventual cat’s account used to tweet shade and only shade.

quote:

But Paul Yingling, who was the deputy commander of future Trump national security adviser H.R. McMaster’s cavalry regiment in Iraq, said Flynn was now issuing an incitement to violence.

“Calling for unlawful new elections is an explicit call for violence to overturn lawful elections. Worse still, Flynn knows that he is calling for violence,” Yingling said.

“Flynn has fought enough terrorist networks to understand this pattern: before terrorists detonate, or emplace, or build bombs, a propagandist radicalizes that bomb-making network,” he continued. “Flynn is that propagandist.”

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You ain’t seen nothing yet. I mean that’s more light cringe then ooof material.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

piL posted:

No blue check

:colbert:

Haha goddamn we all got taken in by a fake pet account. It is some top tier dad posting...as done by a social media intern. Really hoping it’s fake, because I love dogs, but someone needs to turn the humor down.

Admittedly I’m more partial to British Governmental cat accounts official and unofficial ones.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 3, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It’s interesting to see any German colonial legacy still exist...since the largest effect they had on the region was Genocide. Like no poo poo worse then the British and arguably worse then Belgium since the goal was depraved slavery and amputations and murder as opposed to straight up murdering everyone and only that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

But with a wide range of calibers then seen even in Iraq.

Also it’s funny how that thing went from being reported as a robot, to just being garbage with a cell phone attached.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pine Cone Jones posted:

You don't even need that, just a rug soaked in diesel is enough after you tip it

Oh I just meant what you’ll see vs what you need. lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also lol at bike people complaining. I don’t think they have to worry about bike lane issues...since they never use them in the first place.

Also apologies in advance to people who bike here and are cool and good and follow laws. Just being from Philly and living in NYC for awhile...biker riders...wooo boy.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mlmp08 posted:

It’s okay it’s a proud American tradition for bad car drivers to be pissed about bicyclists and whine about someone jumping a curb one time while saying it’s just the cost of business for a child to get run over by a car.

I meant as a pedestrian. Ironically enough that’s how a former coworker of my wife was badly injured when some dipshit just ran him over in the park.

Anyway I’m not trying to start bike wars.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hyrax Attack! posted:

It was fascinating learning how Italy was straight up defeated by Ethiopia in 1896 and lost 6,000 guys. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Adwa

Yeah late colonial era warfare (thank you Age of Rifles) has some really fascinating stuff going on that you’re lucky to get a decent Wikipedia article or Potential History video about.

ASAPI posted:

That issue is not restricted to Philly. I've had bikers scream "share the road" at me while in the middle of the left lane where I am.
I haven’t had that as much as just stupid location choosing for groups of cyclists in the suburbs. Like goddamn Valley Forge and tons of cool large areas are out there. You don’t need to do your Lance Armstrong cosplay with a half a dozen people on a back road that doesn’t even have sidewalks or wide roads. Like this isn’t even commuting.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flying_Crab posted:

I'm not big into group road cycling like that, but if you're doing 50-100 mile rides you've gotta go somewhere. Fault the government for not building proper infrastructure. Victim blaming of people hit by cars, or being mad at those using the only (made mostly around cars) infrastructure available is gross and one of those most infuriating things that American society mostly accepts wholesale.

I'm not going to single any specific person out, but those whining about bicyclists loving suck and need to reassess themselves.

Trust me these aren’t 50-100 mile things. It’s white peoples in the suburbs. I’m not even talking about a danger aspect (honestly I’m more terrified having to go around then in one lane roads..or that have inclines and you can’t see over it) or lol you got hit, honestly I haven’t read of any cases in my area (and unless you’re a Nazi or Confederate on a bike I’d feel horrible hitting someone). It’s more goddamn pick a better location (and speaking to this people I encounter...not you obviously. It’s because they want the hills and dips vs flat. But at the same time you don’t do 100m breast strokes in a plastic kiddie pool.

That said people have weird opinions about mandatory helmet laws, that if they were talking about seat belts you’d expect them to start talking about Ron Paul shortly afterwards.

I’m also cool with programs using tax money to provide helmets to those who can’t afford them or use rental ones regularly.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 3, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zamujasa posted:

honestly a government program to give out free or cheap bikes and helmets would be great

Yeah I mean I was told once that helmet laws would just discourage lower income Americans from riding bikes and that would be bad...so problem solved.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Waiting for the helmet derail of the derail

Uh yeah about that...it wasn’t intentional.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Woofer posted:

Why does Florida have a bicycle helmet law but not a motorcycle helmet law

I’d say Gary Busey, but I think that was California.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1334601317021577228?s=21

Trump lost PA again.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

For the record Dr. Doom is a loving god tier genius who is pretty much the intelligence GOAT of marvel along with Tony Stark and Reed Richards.

Dr. Doom also deeply gave a poo poo about the people in his country of Latveria. You hosed with them you dead.

Yeah he was also a power mad lunatic, but man found a way to save Earth in the collapse of the multiverse.

Yes I’m clearly a loving dork with comic books and Dr. Doom fanboy...but holy poo poo Dr. Doom would be awesome to have compared to Trump.

Oppressive and repressive yeah, but I mean one thing of interest is the people on Latveria are legit cool with it, cause no one fucks with Doctor Doom and they have a really good standard of living. Doom would have cured the drat thing himself. Honestly his greatest enemy is probably himself.

Yeah....I’ve only had 4 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours...but my point is still valid... about a fictional on comic book character.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 4, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Less than 5% of the 207m dollars trump has raised post-election has been used to contest the election and a little more than 1% of the total has been used on legal fees.

I always wondered what are the rules on unspent campaign funds. Like in normal circumstances, not Trump fraud, you run raise $5 million, spend $4 million (including all debts and charges remaining), what happens with the remaining $1 million.

pmchem posted:

Dems taking the deal now isn't a bad idea, game-theory wise. Look at the matrix of results.

code:
			Dems win Senate			GOP wins Senate
Accept $900b		get $900b + dem bill		get $900b and nothing in 2021-
Don't accept $900b	get dem bill			get nothing in 2021-
Accepting $900b is strictly better than not accepting it

Would have been nice to have some direct payments in there...but no we can’t have that.

They should at least be preparing a standalone stimulus bill.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 4, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Real talk: You spend it on “consultants” who are very near and dear to you, and who are willing to act as a pass through for a cut.

I’m not even being a little funny here, that poo poo really does happen.

Oh I figured as much, I was just wondering in the purely legal sense.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ozkaterji/status/1334791784564723712?s=21

I’m sure Flynn is heartbroken over this...explains why he wants martial law. lol

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 5, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The Washington Post surveyed nearly all 250 congressional Republicans with three pretty straightforward questions about the election’s outcome and the results were, uh, not exactly encouraging.

While I know that a part of this can be attributed to Republicans not wanting to cross Trump and end up on the business end of one of his Twitter tantrums, this really has gone on for too long.

Two actually bugs me the most, but honestly I think they’re just waiting to the EC/Congress accepting it and maybe for inauguration. Then again I think most understand his legal stuff can only result in lols at this point and it’s like saying you support something and knowing nothing can be done to achieve said thing. It’s been oddly comforting to see the Judiciary not put up with any of his poo poo.

I saw a headline for this earlier and didn’t realize so many didn’t respond, oddly I’m more reassured.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thwomp posted:

They are cowards, pure and simple.

They’ve been cowed by a demagogue and the demagogue’s supporters. They should never be allowed to live it down so long as they allow this stain on their party.

We’re living in a two party system with one party functionally broken. Republicans’ purpose now is the make government work as poorly as possible and corrupt it as thoroughly as possible to allow their richest donors to accumulate as much wealth as possible.

They have no principles other than “gently caress you, got mine”. Get the guillotines already.

Honestly I just don’t care. I don’t vote for them generally, it’s there problem. As long as they come around it doesn’t bother me that much, it’s show more then anything else. They’re going to be obstructionist, we know that, better to learn how to operate within. It.

Anyway it’a not like Pelosi and Schumer didn’t screw people five times worse in the past few days. I’m just not in the mood to care too much.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lightpole posted:

Delegitimizing Biden is a really easy way to gain support for blocking anything he proposes. Barring an extreme change in the midterms, absolutely nothing is getting done for the next four years.

So why care or get super excited about it? There are more important things to do currently. They were going to do it regardless and we all knew this.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grip it and rip it posted:

You realize the election isn't over and there are runoffs in Georgia going on right now, right?

Also this too. I care about that and if they both flip, it all becomes irrelevant.

Also in your sail Glenn Greenwald had worm brains news.

https://twitter.com/issamahmed/status/1335258485244776450?s=21

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 5, 2020