Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Don't worry, guys. We'll have the 'rona under control in no time. Just gotta drop those pesky constitutional barriers between church and state.

Oklahoma Governor Stitt declares Dec. 3 as statewide day of prayer and fasting for Oklahomans affected by COVID-19

quote:

Governor Kevin Stitt announced today he is declaring Thursday, Dec. 3 as a statewide day of prayer and fasting for all Oklahomans affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Oklahomans have always turned to prayer to guide us through trials and seasons of uncertainty, and I am asking Oklahomans of all faiths and religious backgrounds to join together with me on Thursday,” said Gov. Stitt. “I believe we must continue to ask God to heal those who are sick, comfort those who are hurting and provide renewed strength and wisdom to all who are managing the effects of COVID-19.”

Verbatim from the executive proclamation, dated 30 November:

quote:

Whereas, when we unite in prayer, we are reminded that there is no burden too heavy for God to lift or for the state to bear with His help. 2 Chronicles 7:14 proclaims that, "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land;"

Now Therefore, I, Governor J. Kevin Stitt, do hereby proclaim December 3, 2020, as "Oklahoma Day of Prayer and Fasting" in the State of Oklahoma

A statewide mask mandate? No, that would be ridiculous. As of 30 November, a mere 1,743 people have died of COVID-19 in Oklahoma. They presumably didn't pray hard enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Yeah that was Crye's Multicam which was ripped off into OCP.

Other way around on that. The U.S. Army contracted Crye to develop the OCP (at the time called Scorpion) pattern in conjunction with its own camouflage designers. The Army always owned the rights to produce and license it, as they had funded the initiative. Years later, Crye made some marginal changes and patented it as Multicam, then turned around and charged an arm and a leg for the Army to license it. The Army eventually decided to go back to its nearly identical original pattern as a cost-saving measure.

e;fb

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Iain posted:

Somewhere some four-star is like "Where we droppin now boys?!"

gently caress you Merry Christmas if you're still in. Get ready for a bag drag.