Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Woofer posted:

Kids should be asking for PlayStations and bicycles. Not $100 for their goddamn parents so they can pay rent.

What the gently caress...

Seriously.

What.

The.

gently caress.

Those are really the only words that I can come up with.

We need a living wage

We need free health care

Kids don't need to be asking Santa for a loving futon for their dad because he works so hard and they dont have enough beds in the house.

Checks tax rate on the Bezos of the country - yeah I think Elon and Jeff can pony up a few more bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Well he got Herman Cain off this planet.

:trumppop:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

trump has threatened to veto the NDAA if they do not add a rider that strikes down section 230 because he's so mad at twitter flagging his lies as lies.

But doesn't the GOP want less government interference of private companies?

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

stackofflapjacks posted:

My mom and 3 aunt's are all in healthcare around Puget Sound or one Boise and one in SE Alaska. My fiance just started nannying for a doctor in Olympia where we're at.

On our Thanksgiving Zoom call as we went around and talked how everyone is doing, it was pretty much a role call of "Yeah Kaiser hospitals are getting pretty drat full." "Boise is the fullest it's ever been." "Peninsula is not looking good." The worst though is the doctor in Olympia, apparently he's holding the phone for patients last video calls with their families and they are sending patients that are stable to Oregon hospitals apparently. Ancedotal, but, his estimate of survival rate once people are admitted to the ICU is around 10%.

Stay safe, stay home, review your bubble with people through honest conversation.

Most ICU COVID stats that I've seen reported are in the 10-20% range.

My mom(M) on zoom: COVID is getting terrible around here. People should stay inside.
*Takes phone call
M:Oh I'm going to so-and-so's house after this for dinner
Me (T) - Uh mom - that's one of the new main vectors for COVID are these small get togethers.
M: It's fine, I'll wear my mask
T: You're wearing a mask the entire time, at an indoor dinner party
M: Yes
T: So you're not eating?
M: Oh
T: Why are you going to an indoor dinner party?
M: Good point, maybe they can do this outside

Sigh

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Cugel the Clever posted:

If you don't already have a few months worth of essentials, you've probably already missed your window to get stuff while the stores aren't crazy.

I popped my head into a NOVA grocery store and things were just fine. I was in Costco the other day and aside for a run on TP and paper towels - things were fine.

Don't panic horde assholes

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nobody is gonna tell me how many assholes I can have or use or resell.

I thought about putting a comma in, but I figured it worked both ways.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I live a little upstate, it’s definitely the urban rural divide. Once you get away from the bigger cities is pretty much like the south.

I (mestizo) met my wife's uncle from upstate NY in Florida - we both had private talks to 1) tell him not to be racist to me and 2) to me that he can be racist and not be offended.

He's actually a pretty funny guy and we both love to crush some beers and grill some food.

Aside from the racism and driving around at 10AM with a budlight in the console he's an okay dude.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

lol Pfizer told the US to get in the back of the queue.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Catholics know the church is poo poo. They're largely comparable to republicans because they're well aware of all the churchs' dirty laundry but they still go tithe on sunday. Also because of the child molesting and pedophile protection.

Pretty sure that republican from Illinois that raped kids as a wrestling coach was a catholic. E: Hastert

Apt comparison.

I was raised Catholic and Sunday school taught me to be an atheist.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Thought that was TrumpU??

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Spoggerific posted:

I had to look up why this was funny and :stonk:

:aaa:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

MazelTovCocktail posted:

An attending Pediatrician when my son was born was out of network at the hospital...we later get a bill for $800. I tell them I have no intention of paying and I didn't consent for my son to receive out of network treatment, they say too bad you have to pay, I say no I don't. They keep sending me stuff, I call the insurance company, who looks into it and tells me to just ignore it, they weren't in network, it's there problem, which I promptly do...and that was it.

Yup my wife had to fight quite a while to get the insurance to cover an out-of-network attending surgeon. Like - it was an emergency c-section by the in-network pediatrician at an in-network hospital. We didn't have time to verify all 15 people in the room were in-network before delivering my baby who was stressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What's the goal with the one time payments for people who are still working? Is it just general stimulus since the economy is crashing, since the people whose only impact from the pandemic is having to work from home wouldn't really need it. Focusing on improving the unemployment process and increasing those payments further seems to make more sense.

It helps out some of those who had an adult wanting to return to the workforce only to find hiring pretty grim right now. Because my wife voluntarily left the workforce prior to the pandemic (having a kid) she doesn't qualify for any of the unemployment assistance.

Also, from talking with friends/family, even those with jobs, the stability of those jobs is a lot less certain then it was a year ago. Extra disposable income is great to help savings, emergency funds, etc.