Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Regardless of the articles assertion, Carnegie Mellon and Pittsburgh are one of the hubs nationally (and most certainly state wide) about autonomous vehicle development. I'm assuming this was a minor thing to allow for testing without having to worry about getting ticketed for riding a bike on a sidewalk or whatever.

ASAPI posted:

That issue is not restricted to Philly. I've had bikers scream "share the road" at me while in the middle of the left lane where I am.

Yeah, definitely same here.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Can't wait to see what unhinged poo poo he can come up with now.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Fetterman believes the exposure timing is consistent with the Gettysburg rally.

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1335706348089188352?s=20

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

All other things considered, why would you ever think about removing that capability once instituted?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

:smith:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wasabi the J posted:

Don't kill the state right to weed :(

OH MY GOD THATS JOHN FETTERMANS MUSIC

(its in the WaPo, and Im over my limit, but linking the Twitter post regardless. He wrote an OpEd about federal legalization)

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1336343193814585345?s=20

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

That's a neat trick. Will have to remember that.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Speaking of which, I heard locally that he's planning on running for Governor when Wolf's term is up, not Toomey's seat. Not sure how I feel about that.

e: I think I want him to run for Senator, and he might think about it harder if the Georgia runoffs go the way that the D's want it to.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Pennsylvania just went back to Yellow essentially.

https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroo...-early-january/

Let the re-litigation of April commence.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Hey, names for Transportation Secretary that aren't blatant lobbying from mayors:

https://twitter.com/ClaytonGuse/status/1338262461598806016

I don't think my mind can conceive of the levels of grift that occur at the senior levels of the transportation industry.

E: In more fun current events, Central Pennsylvania is apparently about to get dunked on with a snowstorm on Wednesday. I'd post a link, but it sounds like storm totals rose substantially with the last couple of model runs since NWS posted preliminary guidance yesterday and they are refining all of their products before going live with it.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Dec 14, 2020

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Look at this scrub who doesn’t have to use numbers and special characters. :smuggo:

I swear 1Pass is the only thing that makes this tolerable...until some app doesn’t allow for logging on an app or website instead of typing it in. Worse a website that doesn’t support copy and paste or auto fill.

Also I feel the guy who came up with a lot of password recommendations said using three unique words (or some variation) and not requiring people to constantly change them (which for a long time was a reason for some truly truly lovely passwords).

Pretty sure that was an XKCD comic.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Does this mean anything substantive or just another one leaving the ship

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

bulletsponge13 posted:

Mayor Pete is apparently the new Sec of Transportation.

As of i needed another reason to hate this incoming admin.

This is a stupid loving decision.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Midjack posted:

Infrastructure Week is back, baby!

Biden Administration: "Go over there and stand in the corner and try not to break anything. Thanks for your help during the primary"

Every DOT in the country: "Um, so we're broke and need creative solutions that are going to have to be passed through the whole of the Federal Government"

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Acebuckeye13 posted:

On the one hand, urgh, Buttigieg. On the other hand, hahahaha, eat poo poo rahm

OK, when you say it like this

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

shame on an IGA posted:

Also, if you don't have the ask/tell traffic engineering thread bookmarked you're really missing out: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3177805&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

I think I just burst a blood vessel in my eye.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

The Subaru hate on these last two pages are absolutely slanderous. I have an '09 2.5i and I have precisely zero problems that I or Mother Time have not been the direct root of.

Don't buy a turbo, done.

(or do and blow a head gasket idc)

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

It's all dumb and bad, but Donnie is only listening to dumb and bad people at this point. There's a reason why everyone else has conceded at this point.

And yet, he's still the head of the Executive Branch of the US Government. My butt isn't unclenching until his punk rear end has been punted clear of The Mall.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

My doomscrolling on Twitter has suggested that some sort of agreement has been made between House and Senate Leadership regarding the second stimulus.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

So its late, and I don't think I'm totally following this. How can AOC (et al.) file an ammendment to a bill that was already passed by the Senate?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

They can't - it's a bill to amend a law already passed (if signed), which is fine. Bill 1 passes and gets signed, Bill 2 passes and gets signed, modifying Bill 1. If Bill 2 gets passed/signed without Bill 1 getting passed/signed first, it's fucky and doesn't work.

A standalone "here's $2K" bill wouldn't affect the $600 in the covid-omnibus, so it would be pushing $2,600.

This makes much more sense to my sleepy lizard brain. Thanks!

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Yeah, you don't just randomly park an RV on Second Ave in Nashville.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Picture of below:

:stonk:

e: Using the location of the blast and the US Bank Tower building orientation, my best guess is that the driver of that vehicle was coming down 24S heading towards downtown and was about a mile and a half away.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 25, 2020

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Grip it and rip it posted:

My money is on insurance scam, somehow. Closing with a wet fart seems on brand for the year

I'm sure there are easier ways to perform insurance grift than attempting to blow up half a city block and inviting the eyes of the ATF and FBI.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Well, assuming the bomber went up with the RV, someone else is going to die simply for the ~unforgivable sin~ of making cops do paperwork on Christmas. :rolleyes:

Just going to jump over the probability that this is sarcasm, but the cops showed up before the RV went up so it was presumably empty.

e: Cops were on scene, bomb squad was en route.

2e: I'm assuming the RV was stolen, but if they wanted to hit the AT&T building, it means they would have had to rig the thing to transfer most of the force in that direction. That would take time right?

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 25, 2020

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

https://twitter.com/Do615Nashville/status/1342588091891134465?s=20

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Bored As gently caress posted:

Wow. Taking out 911 infrastructure for 180 miles?

Maybe someone's robbing a bank somewhere?

I feel like a 911 network should have some manner of redundancy outside of one building.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

This has happened a couple times the past few years, turns out they figured the networks were so reliable, they didn't need redundancy.

Oops.

:stonk:

"Yes, our 911 System does not need a redundant backup in case of casualty"

A thing that is so preposterous that it makes my engineer brain throw up a little in my mouth.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, like America's Mayor putting NYC's "Command Center" in a building that had been bombed. :colbert:

Meaning that they put the Command Center in one of the towers? Or they put it in Freedom Tower after it was constructed?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Or (also) in Nashville....

Don't forget the Cumberland cresting at 56 feet or whatever it was in 2011.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Anyone get stimulated yet?

Scheduled to post on Friday.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

NavyFCU, my paycheck usually shows up as pending on Tuesday to post on Friday. Its useful because my online paystub doesn't post until Friday and I've been doing a lot of screwing around with my allotments as the year has progressed.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Sacrist65 posted:

Does NavyFCU offer anything that USAA doesnt?

Oh, I dunno, I've never compared between the two. I've just always had an NFCU account (well since mil). One of the cool things is NFCU, Amazon (Chase), and PSECU all offer credit rating updates, but each go through a unique agency, so I get credit rating updates monthly from all 3 without efforting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Finally found a photo of the "computer repair man" that "had" Hunter's laptop

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1344761964149542912?s=20

Are you serious with this look?

Looks like some poo poo from Command and Conquer Red Alert