Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Icon Of Sin posted:

Volcano, tsunami, and meteor (which has been threatened this year a few times). There have been some decent earthquakes around the world this year, last one being ~7.0 and hitting Turkey right before our Election Day.

gently caress it, go big. Yellowstone do your thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I don't know much about them historically but from looking around the last few years I've come to the conclusion that libertarians are Republicans that want feudalism instead of fascism because they're convinced their innate superiority will make them one of the lords not a serf.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
While it had many other problems it feels like the space shuttle was a much better solution to reusable space craft than trying to land a pencil on its eraser only the eraser has millions of pounds of thrust/boom if things go bad. Am I missing something about this particular solution that makes it a better choice?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Not an engineer so grain of salt on this. My understanding is the power grid is especially vulnerable under these conditions because it has hundred/thousands of miles of antennas just ready and waiting to gather up that energy in the form of power lines, where a car is a discrete object only able to gather so much of the radiated energy.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Turns out war is lovely and nobody but the bankers wins.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Isn't Mayo Pete married and all? Thought I remembered think pieces about having a First Husband.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I mean, I wish they could make the connection between what's happening to them and BLM/defund the police movement but they absolutely won't. It's two entirely separate issues to them. I could tell you to draw a connection between the orbital mechanics of Jupiter and the latest changes to Taco Bell's menu and it would make the same amount of sense to you as this connection does to them.

BLM are radical leftist violent fake news criminals to them that deserve to be targeted because of what they are born as, while they are patriotic truth tellers being unfairly targeted for choosing to take certain actions they have entirely within their control not to take. They'll never admit how backwards they have these two things because cultural white supremacy demands they don't.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Oh boy now we're going to care about debt and deficit for four loving years can't wait. Please ignore where all this debt came from. Nononono we can't fix this by taxing the people that have the money, we have to cut funding but only when a Democrat is in office and really, really please ignore where this debt came from and cut more taxes k plz thx.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
A malignant narcissist says something that makes themselves the center of attention? I'm shocked. Well not that shocked.

Have fun McConnel you sentient poo poo stain.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Discussion Quorum posted:

My guess was that based on gunshots reported and human remains found, the perp shot themselves before the boom.

Lots of people on Twitter trying to put a political lens on it but it feels like the work of a weirdo with weirdo grievances. We'll see, though.

I guess it's the mental illness, but if you're gonna make a big gently caress-off boom-y R...V...BIED...why do the shotgun suck start thing first? Seems a bit redundant.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Just goes to show the class divide. People on the other side of that divide get rewarded for their gambling debts with a Supreme Court seat.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Midjack posted:

assuming he thinks.

Mighty bold assertion there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Stultus Maximus posted:

Should have told them it was a black man with a sandwich.

That's the egregious part to me.

"This is my lawyer. He's building bombs. Right there, in that RV." Welp we looked and can't do anything. Due process don'chaknow?

"I hear my neighbor's car starting and stopping a lot" *blam blam blam* I FEARED FOR MY LIFE!