Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

Yep. That's the problem and it's not like Donnie's in a functional mood to do anything.

Speaking of, the fat gently caress is singing:

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1333856475752648706?s=19

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1333857824720424961

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bored As gently caress posted:

Someone's on his way out.

I don't think Trump will actually fire Barr, but gently caress I would laugh so hard if he did.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

From what I'm seeing so far:

- A lawyer somewhere is probably hosed, as his/her attorney-client privilege just got exceptioned due to the third party rule and/or crime-fraud
https://twitter.com/adamsteinbaugh/status/1333922088902676481

- The last names are really tiny, which is weird
- It came from emails already seized by the federal government in some other investigation, probably against Rudy
- This all happened in the summer
- Flynn's name would fit, but he's probably broke

Flynn is fully compromised by Erdogan. He's got financial backers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm also not sure Flynn would need to funnel money into Trump's pockets for a pardon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

trump has threatened to veto the NDAA if they do not add a rider that strikes down section 230 because he's so mad at twitter flagging his lies as lies.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

stackofflapjacks posted:

My mom and 3 aunt's are all in healthcare around Puget Sound or one Boise and one in SE Alaska. My fiance just started nannying for a doctor in Olympia where we're at.

On our Thanksgiving Zoom call as we went around and talked how everyone is doing, it was pretty much a role call of "Yeah Kaiser hospitals are getting pretty drat full." "Boise is the fullest it's ever been." "Peninsula is not looking good." The worst though is the doctor in Olympia, apparently he's holding the phone for patients last video calls with their families and they are sending patients that are stable to Oregon hospitals apparently. Ancedotal, but, his estimate of survival rate once people are admitted to the ICU is around 10%.

Stay safe, stay home, review your bubble with people through honest conversation.

10% is what they told my dad is the survival rate of people on ventilators. ICU survival is higher, but if you're bad enough for a vent your chances are slim. This is, in part, because they do not vent now unless you're dire.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A lot of people who never thought the leopards would eat their faces are getting their faces eaten.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Biff Tanner's world where he rules is explicitly based on what the writers of back to the future thought the country would look like under Donald Trump.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Less than 5% of the 207m dollars trump has raised post-election has been used to contest the election and a little more than 1% of the total has been used on legal fees.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That money is superpac money for the most part, and they've paid Ivanka and such millions in consulting fees.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I'd like it to be a less polite version of the Butterbean and Johnny Knoxville bit from jackass

Probably look more like Butterbean and Bart Gunn.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Reminder that Air Force One is not an individual plane. Any plane the president is flying on at the moment is AF1. There are multiple versions of the exact same plane and whichever one the president is on at the moment carries the designation. Similarly, any helicopter he's on is Marine One.

Trump can absolutely use AF1 to fly to Florida before noon on January 20th, but after noon he no longer has access or any authority over the plane or it's crew.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Platystemon posted:

Any Air Force plane the president is flying on.

The helicopter that ferries him to/from the south lawn is courtesy of the Marine Corps and uses the call sign “Marine One”.

A civilian craft would be “Executive One”.

Thank you for the correction. I thought all helicopters he flew on were Marine One. So when Bush was on the Navy S-3B right before his "Mission Accomplished" speech, would that have been Navy One?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ded posted:

So they arrested her for having information about covid infection & death rates?

They didn't arrest her. They raided her house and took all of her equipment so they can figure out her sources and see if there's any crime they can charge her with.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Platystemon posted:

If she had full-disk encryption, current case law says that she could not be compelled to provide the passphrase, correct?

I honestly don't know based on FL law offhand. I can say there are no active charges against her unless there is a warrant out for her arrest (there isn't otherwise she'd be in jail).

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Dec 8, 2020

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Current Event: New Smash Character Announced:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Twitter rumors are that the DC news bureau has already been told that the SCOTUS will deny Texas leave to file its bill of complaint today rather than waiting until Monday.

Note that this is from right wing twitter trying to figure out how this could have happened and wishing it were otherwise.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pine Cone Jones posted:

What does that mean?

The SCOTUS is not going to hear the Texas v Pennsylvania case. I assumed they'd deny leave on Monday when they have an order issuance scheduled. Saw something a bit ago that said they're announcing denial today instead.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stultus Maximus posted:

We're going to be hearing this until trump's 2025 inauguration at least.

I mean, I don't think Trump is going to win in 2024, but we're never going to hear the end of how he was robbed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Mr Nice! post the links

If I come across it again, I will. I just saw it while scrolling earlier and didn't think to copy the tweet.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Instead of just flagging trump tweets, twitter is preventing replying and interacting except for quote retweeting.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Breaking - haven't found a link yet but Bill Barr just resigned.
https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1338614874658590722

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Does this mean anything substantive or just another one leaving the ship

It's funny more than anything that Trump fired him a month before he was out of a job anyways.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also, if you hadn't seen, the white house chief of security had to have his leg amputated due to covid complications and the family, much like mine, has had to use gofundme to pay the bills.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Woofer posted:

I believe Steve-O is even sober this time around

steve-o has been sober for a while. He's got a youtube channel and talks about his former addictions a lot. He has reaction videos of him seeing some of the poo poo he did for the first time because he was so out of it when he filmed.

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg8LuvSh_dk

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1339709639584337920

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So did the government shut down?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

I'm really looking for happier things, so here appears to be one:

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1341794454550814730?s=19

The Judge is literally saying "ok, we'll start the briefings once you serve the Electoral College and provide proof. Good luck!"

I mentioned this stuff to my boss this morning and he went full on :stare: for a moment.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

Actually a question for your legal brain:

https://twitter.com/RamCNN/status/1341804240713465863?s=19

I interpret this as "here comes the pain". The legal voices I'm hearing from basically say that Dominion has a serious, no-bullshit defamation claim in a world where almost all defamation claims are bullshit. That about right?

My esteemed colleague has already responded, but let me add a little bit. Newsmax and Fox News both put segments on the air in response to the C&D letter debunking each and every dominion/smartmatic conspiracy theory.

These software companies have as close to a slam dunk defamation case as possible.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1341418729100423169

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Picture of below:

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 25, 2020

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Since it was an RV, that actually makes it just as likely a gas leak inside or something versus a malicious bomb.

e: this has to be an accident. If someone had loaded an RV up with explosives, there would be OKC level damage. This was a big fireball that left a roasted RV shell behind. Someone had a gas leak.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 25, 2020

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The police have suggested it was intentional, but this still seems more like insurance fraud intentional than domestic terror intentional. If this was someone trying to do damage, well, they got things sooty and burned some trees.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1342500922052673542

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They've announced a person of interest but no further details last I saw.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Person of interest has been identified, his house has been searched by feds/local police, and the internet is currently doxing the guy. We''re probably gonna find out why the rvbied went off yesterday soon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's some boomer that has had the FBI called on him before.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BigDave posted:

I stand by my statement :colbert:

Well, yeah, he bombed a telecommunications (and spying) hub.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

loving 5G spying conspiracy bullshit :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Leavemywife posted:

So, what does that mean?

When the senate votes to override tomorrow that Trump's NDAA veto doesn't matter and the bill goes into law. This means changing the names of bases etc.