Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

wuggles posted:

here it is, the dreaded Wuggles Backlog

Currently playing:

AI The Somnium Files
Shikaku Squares
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Grindstone
Star Wars Squadrons
Destiny 2
Final Fantasy VII

Did not count: Ring Fit Adventure, stuff I am giving up on, stuff I have beaten but want to play more of, a few things that I looked at once I had written this list and said “eh”

PS4

Yakuza 3-6
Dark Souls 2-3
Bloodborne
Persona 5 Royal (halfway done)
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Death Stranding (finished chapter 4)
Wattam
Gravity Rush 1-2

Nintendo Switch

Bayonetta 2
Dragon’s Dogma
Tales of Vesperia
Final Fantasy XII
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Digimon Cyber Sleuth Hackers Memory
Gato Roboto
Hyper Light Drifter
Okami HD
Star Renegades
Paradise Killer
Moon
Murder by Numbers
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 2-3
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Devil Engine

PC

Bullets Per Minute
Danganronpa
Detention
Hitman
Hypnospace Outlaw
Kentucky Route Zero
Star Wars KOTOR I-II
Dusk (played Episode 1)

IIRC Gato Roboto is only a couple of hours long if you want an easy one to cross off your list (and it's good)

Detention is pretty short too I beat it in one sitting

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

loophole: games which let you watch the credits from the main menu

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Help Im Alive posted:

IIRC Gato Roboto is only a couple of hours long if you want an easy one to cross off your list (and it's good)

Detention is pretty short too I beat it in one sitting

Gato Roboto is very short and very good.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Help Im Alive posted:

Detention is pretty short too I got all the trophies in one sitting

Yeah there’s a couple in there that are obvious crutches like Detention and Shikaku Squares

And then there’s stuff I’ll never beat like Bloodborne

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Bloodborne isn't insanely hard as long as you're satisfied with just finishing the game and not trying to finish the DLC/chalice dungeons too. I did it, and it took me like 40 tries to get my first completed run in Hades for comparison.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

wuggles posted:

alright I had an idea :toxx:

ban me if I don't finish two of the games listed above for every game I purchase in 2021 by the end of the year

so for instance I already have plans to buy Monster Hunter Rise, NieR: Replicant, and Super Mario 3D World next year. Currently I'm on the hook for six of the above games. It's more to keep track of than just "ban me if I don't finish Dark Souls" so if whoever is enforcing this (ShallNoiseUpon?) wants I can keep track of it myself, I'm a "stand up guy"

Legal details: "Beat" means "roll credits." Animal Crossing and Destiny are ineligible to be beaten. Beating Dusk means finishing all the episodes.

imagine having the sheer privilege of unplayed DUSK episodes and then doing anything but playing them

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

imagine having the sheer privilege of unplayed DUSK episodes and then doing anything but playing them

I can't even remember my life before Dusk.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/dec/30/shin-akuma-unlock-discovery/ this is rad

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Man I forgot how janky the Valkyria Chronicles PC port is. Basically no button does what you expect it to and it doesn't have any of the normal button faces you'd expect, so when the game tells me "Press "FOURTEEN" to aim!" that doesn't help me at all

I opened Banner of the Maid and experienced a very similar problem where the controller appears to be outright broken! Apparently controller problems are a common issue, but I solved it by using DS4Windows. Up/Down and Left/Right were inverted, meaning I had to hit left to do down to options, but only the right analog stick worked for actually adjusting the options since left/right were now up/down, but only left worked, but left ALSO was swap tabs, so I couldn't change to windowed mode without changing tabs over to Language and changing it to Chinese

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay apparently the main character of this game is Pauline Bonaparte? So it's not even like, historical embellishment, it's basically a totally new story that just uses the character/setting as a set dressing.

Also it had the courtesy to introduce this game's versions of super saiyans in the prologue at least. I haven't found out her name yet but it basically sounds EXACTLY like Valkyries

e: it's also an interesting decision to make a game set during the French Revolution where you play as a member of the Royal Military. Wonder if there will be a faction change eventually

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 31, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Man I forgot how janky the Valkyria Chronicles PC port is. Basically no button does what you expect it to and it doesn't have any of the normal button faces you'd expect, so when the game tells me "Press "FOURTEEN" to aim!" that doesn't help me at all

Oh yikes a PC port pre-Xinput?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Not only have I never played Dusk, but I also don’t want to play it. And I’m lolling, lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So I checked, none of my top games of 2020 really tested my reflexes. I’ve become, cerebral now

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve become, cerebral now

I read your posts and this doesn't seem to be the case :iceburn:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Is the method to make gang tags still to buy a new av with the tag as the av, the copy that URL and buy another av to put that url in the av text?

This was made in the pingoons discord and I was wondering if those were the steps needed to make it official

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am enjoying Umurangi Generation

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

i mean it sounds like you paid chucklefish more mind than they paid their artists actual money

:smith:

their websites clap themselves on the back a lot for crunch, which i understand to mean they crunch. rippin off artists, bein mean to dogs...

for my own sake and lack of good memory, im choosing to remember getting the game through a bundle or some poo poo

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Khanstant posted:

:smith:

their websites clap themselves on the back a lot for crunch, which i understand to mean they crunch. rippin off artists, bein mean to dogs...

for my own sake and lack of good memory, im choosing to remember getting the game through a bundle or some poo poo

No ethical consumption, don't feel too bad about it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Is there not a thread for the game Control or am I just bad at using the forums search?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Got a new tablet for Christmas, got any good game recommendations, especially free ones?

Also was surprised to find out that Call of Duty Mobile is actually pretty fun, even with touch controls, will probably be better once I get a controller for it though

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

8one6 posted:

Is there not a thread for the game Control or am I just bad at using the forums search?

There is one, can't link cause on mobile though

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897185

game well my friend

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Sweet, thank you!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The Control thread? Why, it was just over here a second ago *gestures at empty thread* uh-oh

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

drrockso20 posted:

Got a new tablet for Christmas, got any good game recommendations, especially free ones?

Also was surprised to find out that Call of Duty Mobile is actually pretty fun, even with touch controls, will probably be better once I get a controller for it though

I’m kind of blanking on good free games, but I know that Major Mayhem was one of the first iOS games I played and I think it still holds up. I think Super Stickman Golf 3 (SSG3) was also free and I played a ton of that. In the long run I’ve found it’s better to pay a few bucks for quality than deal with freebie stuff. Solitairica is a great cheap game and Final Fantasy Tactics and Planescape: Torment are on tablet so you have some best-in-class contenders for the SRPG and CRPG genres, although they are a little more expensive.

Get the Kindle app and a library card so you can read everything your local library has available without leaving the house or spending a dime.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Alright Banner of the Maid seems pretty neat so far

Definitely in the vein of Fire Emblem with its mechanics. There's a class effectiveness square that is shown on-screen at all times, with long-range artillery being the bow/magic equivalent with no weakness or strength. You have limited-use weapons, but they refill completely after each battle, so this lets you use your cool weapons without feeling bad about it, but each one has a little tradeoff. Like, there's one rifle that lets you attack two squares away instead of one, but its only got five charges instead of two, and it lowers your speed. Items don't restock, but there's money/shops you can use for various items. I only have access to an accessory shop right now, but I think this ties into the faction system. Doing quests and saying certain things in dialogue gives faction points, but it's not an alignment chart so much as the eventual goal is to max out everyone. Increasing your faction rank gets you new bonuses, so that's your incentive to pick and choose. Increasing the Royalists to Rank2 unlocks another shop, but the Malmaisons unlock new quests. Some faction I've yet to meet will eventually give access to pre-battle tips and info of some sort, the mission screen tells me. Also the art is really really nice except for the character who have Fire Emblem NPC Face, which is even funnier in this game when every other character has such a high level of detailing on their intricately-designed clothes and then you've got one guy who looks like a FE barbarian in a Prussian army uniform

Game's like ten bucks on Steam and 16$ on Switch, try it out

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 31, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I need to study my "SEGA Proficiency" more... jeez

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Was your favorite part of BotW taking screenshots of Sidon and captioning all of them "HE"?

sidon is links husband

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

2hrs until Batsu :woop:

https://live.teamgaki.com/index.php?src=3

Hype to watch Chono slap the ever living poo poo out of Hosei again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viXOHkI_l6M

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I need to study my "SEGA Proficiency" more... jeez

Clearly you should have paid more attention during box office hit film, Sonic the Hedgehog

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they made him legal in the movie, so that Sonic Can gently caress

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I thought it was a question about the age of the franchise!

(which was a misstep on my part because it would be like 30 years old)

I also have no idea what "Sakura Wars" is there were like three separate questions about it in the quiz series

May 8, 2006

homeless snail posted:

they made him legal in the movie, so that Sonic Can gently caress

Can he? Yes. Will he? Not until marriage.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I also have no idea what "Sakura Wars" is there were like three separate questions about it in the quiz series

This is all you need to know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrtNN28VFF0

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Absolutely No Laughing event off to a strong start with a musical + robot dogs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

do I watch this or vtuber new years... or all of them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We live in a parasociety