Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

I wonder, can a game that was on my GotY list in 2019 return in 2020?

As the person running the thread, Yes. No penalties. If you played it a ton in 2020 and still love it and it still beats other games, it is Valid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
If I posted through the years like 2007-2012, WoW would have been my GotY for all of those years.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So everyone probably already knows this, but in case you didn’t, googling “bowsette gif” is about 60% hornier than just googling “bowsette”

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
how does it compare to googling bowsette gf

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Even though I like Bloodborne way, way more, if I had to pick one of the actual games on the poll for the decade I would pick Dark Souls.

Though there would be, in actuality, a ton more games I would pick before Dark Souls if given a choice of any game. I actually did a top 100 games of the decade list at home where I went through every year of 2010-2019 and picked the ten most favourite games of each decade. That was good fun.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

VideoGames posted:

As the person running the thread, Yes. No penalties. If you played it a ton in 2020 and still love it and it still beats other games, it is Valid.

Already fraudulent. REAL GAMERS ONLY

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

Bowsette

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh wow thinking back over what my GOTY would have been for each year is a fun exercise

1995: Super Mario World
1996: Street Fighter II
1997: Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
1998: Banjo-Kazooie
1999: WWF Wrestlemania 2000
2000: Perfect Dark
2001: Final Fantasy IX
2002: Final Fantasy X
2003: Warcraft III
2004: Final Fantasy X-2
2005: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
2006: Final Fantasy XII
2007: God of War
2008: Jak and Daxter
2009: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
2010: Bioshock
2011: Crusader Kings
2012: Batman: Arkham Asylum
2013: Skyrim
2014: Oblivion
2015: Assassin's Creed
2016: Assassin's Creed II
2017: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
2018: Heavenly Sword
2019: Mass Effect

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

Oh wow thinking back over what my GOTY would have been for each year is a fun exercise

Extremely normie

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

2013 Skyrim
2014 Oblivion

and yet Morrowind is nowhere to be seen? Answer for this please.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Die Hard is a good Christmas movie but Lethal Weapon is a better one.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Ah poo poo that means if I have enough fun with KH3 here on Critical it might get a nom

And if I make it back to Death Stranding this month, maybe that too

poo poo, I gotta get to gaming

Took me a while to dig up my top 10 from last year so here it is

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

2013 Skyrim
2014 Oblivion

and yet Morrowind is nowhere to be seen? Answer for this please.

I played it for a few hours in 2013 and hated it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

I played it for a few hours in 2013 and hated it

:thunk: maybe not a gamer after all

Weedle
May 31, 2006

you guys aren't gonna believe this but my goty 2020 is probably dark souls

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Walla posted:

Die Hard is a good Christmas movie but Lethal Weapon is a better one.

Most anything written by Shane Black makes for fantastic Christmas watching.
Lethal Weapon, The Last Boy Scout, Last Action Hero, Long Kiss Goodnight, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Nice Guys are all great Christmas movies.

We don't talk about The Predator.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Edmond Dantes posted:

Most anything written by Shane Black makes for fantastic Christmas watching.
Lethal Weapon, The Last Boy Scout, Last Action Hero, Long Kiss Goodnight, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Nice Guys are all great Christmas movies.

And Iron Man 3, although I seem to be the only person who likes that movie

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

haveblue posted:

No, I was actually coming in to edit that in and saw your post.

Iron Man 3 is a fantastic movie and I'll die on this hill alongside you.

What are you waiting for? It's Christmas... take them to church.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

haveblue posted:

Iron Man 3 is my favourite Marvel film because Shane Black is one of my favourite filmmakers. The Nice Guys is utterly amazing and I would love more Russel Crowe and Ryan Gosling team ups. :D

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I should stream the Christmas Stories games, I only own the first 3 but they're kind of amazing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Let's try and get this thread back on track with some Christmas video games like

Parasite Eve
Arkham Origins
Miles Morales

drat that's a powerful list. A+ good job SA Poster Saint Freak.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hitman 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Every service game ever

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

VideoGames posted:

Iron Man 3 is my favourite Marvel film because Shane Black is one of my favourite filmmakers. The Nice Guys is utterly amazing and I would love more Russel Crowe and Ryan Gosling team ups. :D

The Nice Guys just came to show how funny Ryan Gosling can be when he's directed properly, and yeah, I 100% want to see more Gosling/Crowe movies because they just work so well together.

Shane's movies have a lot of physicality to their comedy and seeing Gosling and Crowe just nail those beats was a treat. The toilet scene with Gosling just fumbling the magazine, cigarette and gun while trying to keep the door open is just genius.

There's a fantastic video essay about how Shane handles violence in his movies which is a great watch if you're into that kind of stuff. Do be warned it spoils some moments from said movies if you haven't seen them; nothing spoilery but just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKiQs1dE0Tc

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Let's try and get this thread back on track with some Christmas video games like

Parasite Eve
Arkham Origins
Miles Morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzoNfW3liaE

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
just found out my boss (who's been making all his employees come in full-time since the pandemic started and also bullying them to work weekends if possible) is stripping our unused vacation time at the end of the year, no longer offering payouts for unused vacation, and only doing this because he reviewed state law to see if he could strip personal days/sick leave as well - he can't, but he's also under no obligation re: vacation

i think my christmas present to myself is going to be unemployment

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Saint Freak posted:

Parasite Eve
Arkham Origins
Miles Morales

I shelved Bayonetta 2 with the intent to come back to it this month for exactly this reason

Jazz Jackrabbit
At least one Yakuza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj5aqXUSH6Y&t=336s

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://www.giantbomb.com/christmas/3015-6522/games/

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

just found out my boss (who's been making all his employees come in full-time since the pandemic started and also bullying them to work weekends if possible) is stripping our unused vacation time at the end of the year, no longer offering payouts for unused vacation, and only doing this because he reviewed state law to see if he could strip personal days/sick leave as well - he can't, but he's also under no obligation re: vacation

:guillotine:

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
yea what jay said

hope you're in a position where you can tell that job to pound sand safely bud. that sucks

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i work at a textile lab and so with the PPE shortage it's been month after month of processing hundreds of lovely toilet-paper tier hospital gowns on top of our usual workload, and the boss in all his wisdom offered any PPE clients free rush testing indefinitely, resulting in a secondary flood of psychotically entitled middle managers blowing up the phones to get test results within the day, within the hour, within the next fifteen minutes

there was one guy the day before thanksgiving who called half a dozen times in a single fifteen-minute period! he did a different voice with every call so we wouldn't think it was him! we have caller id!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Raw Danger is a very good Christmas game.

I think Blue Stinger was set during Christmas too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQONXZpsE90

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Damages from the holiday weekend,

PC: Persona 4, Doom 64, StarCraft Remastered
PS4: 13 Sentinels, Tony Hawk, Spongebob BFBB
Switch: Herzog Zwei

...and a Genesis Mini, which I threw another ~20 games on.

I’m extremely happy with everything here. 13 Sentinels in particular might be one of the greatest games I’ve ever played.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

IIRC Yakuza Kiwami 1 takes place during the holiday szn

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

is this also the kind of situation where any requests to use your remaining vacation time before the end of the year will be denied?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://managore.itch.io/chimney-presents

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Looper posted:

is this also the kind of situation where any requests to use your remaining vacation time before the end of the year will be denied?

no, he's trying to keep it a big secret so anyone with time left is scrambling to get it used

i'm just in one of those situations where there's no one else to do my job (the last time i had someone to support me was in 2017) so i'm never able to take time off without being greeted with an avalanche of poo poo on my way back in, not like it's going to be relevant for much longer anyway

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i got gran turismo sport on sale and it feels like coming home. the first "serious" racing game i ever played was gran turismo 1 which i loved loved loved. hours and hours in front of the tv grinding out cash for part upgrades and turbocharging the finest economy cars of 1993. getting a 2015 civic out onto the track for the first time in glorious 1080p with sunrays and dynamic reflections and poo poo really dazzled me, then i bumped into an ai driver and they just sort of gently floated away from me with no effect on either vehicle. classic

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

no, he's trying to keep it a big secret so anyone with time left is scrambling to get it used

i'm just in one of those situations where there's no one else to do my job (the last time i had someone to support me was in 2017) so i'm never able to take time off without being greeted with an avalanche of poo poo on my way back in, not like it's going to be relevant for much longer anyway

sounds like you should quit at the absolute worst most inopportune time for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

At least you can just say your FF:Tactics save got corrupted and blame that.

Still too raw. My eyes are watering just thinking about those lost mercs :(