Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/elliot__ross/status/1336415296194809860?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Is Spain even a draw for top players anymore? Both the El clasico clubs are on the ebb, and other than atletico there aren't really any other viable options.

Gotta be Germany, maybe Italy, or another English club. Or PSG if they feel like really selling out.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Perfect Element posted:

Is Spain even a draw for top players anymore? Both the El clasico clubs are on the ebb, and other than atletico there aren't really any other viable options.

Gotta be Germany, maybe Italy, or another English club. Or PSG if they feel like really selling out.

Barcelona and Madrid both still offer enormous prestige, huge wages, and nice weather, even if Madrid might not win 4/5 Champions Leagues like they did a few years ago

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The Perfect Element posted:

Is Spain even a draw for top players anymore?

Yes.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Aren’t Real and Barca very broke? And far from dominating in Europe?

I could maybe see Son going back to Germany, feels like Kane is simply going to cost too much at the moment. Maybe a move in his thirties to Italy or something.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Mourinho has a great season and a half and leaves for another mega job like Real again or PSG.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The thought occurs that Mourinho really doesn't like being written off. I suspect he's going to want to wipe the 'He flops in the third season' off the meme.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
he probably made a lot more money by getting fired, taking severance and getting another high profile job than he would've by not self destructing in season three. its calculated imo

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

AJ_Impy posted:

The thought occurs that Mourinho really doesn't like being written off. I suspect he's going to want to wipe the 'He flops in the third season' off the meme.

He better learn to not flop in his third season then

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Akbar posted:

He better learn to not flop in his third season then

:hmmyes:

Depends how we count the half-season last season as to when that is.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Aren’t Real and Barca very broke? And far from dominating in Europe?

It’s been two years since one of them won, but Real and Barca won the CL five years running before that.

They’re still the biggest clubs in the world. They’re not at the top of their game right now, and I’m not certain what their financial situation is (or if it will matter given how politically connected they are), but it will take quite a long dry spell for them to go into a serious decline.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Reals financial situation is incredibly loving good because Perez is a financial genius iirc

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Reals financial situation is incredibly loving good because Perez is a financial genius iirc

Dear Spain,

We have spent all the money again, please send more

Florentino

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1338224807083696128

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
We don't deserve Sir Gary.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/DavidBrentMovie/status/1338233749629235207

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I know Gervais is an utter oval office but the way he pronounces "Winnersh" in that clip deserves to be in a museum.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Gérard Houllier is dead :(

edit: https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/breaking-gerard-houllier-dead-liverpool-23164023

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 14, 2020

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Mickolution posted:

Gérard Houllier us dead :(

poo poo

Also what the gently caress with the back end of this year and celeb deaths

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Apparently this weekend was the first since December 2008 that all of the 'big six' didn't win

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
gently caress. He always seemed a good sort.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I know Gervais is an utter oval office but the way he pronounces "Winnersh" in that clip deserves to be in a museum.

I've never met anyone with a "reddin" accent it sounds way more west country than I would have thought.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/1338435294392184832

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
You know you are terrible when jamie carragher is calling you out.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Alan Sugar is such a classless oval office. To the extent that Piers Morgan actually comes out looking like a better person, ironically.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

hahahahaa

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao nice

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
It's really sad that there won't be an opportunity for Liverpool fans to pay tribute to Houllier at a full Anfield. Houllier deserved that.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
He seemed like a very nice man.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jippa posted:

I've never met anyone with a "reddin" accent it sounds way more west country than I would have thought.

The actual old Berkshire accent is straight up bumpkin, it got wiped out by Estuary English after the war when people were moved out of London to the Thames Valley. Gervais' mum sounded almost exactly like my mum who was from deepest darkest Cornwall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPpmYLcTJlw

(An incredibly rare recording there of when both Ricky Gervais was funny and XFM - or any radio station - played decent music there, too)

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

(An incredibly rare recording there of when both Ricky Gervais was funny and XFM - or any radio station - played decent music there, too)

Those XFM shows were great, shame he hasn't done anything in the last 15 years...

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mickolution posted:

Those XFM shows were great, shame he hasn't done anything in the last 15 years...

TBH it went to poo poo after The Office, the moment he had name and face recognition beyond the confines of a London-based radio station and a couple of C4 shows that nobody watched it all went to poo poo. It's all Bob Geldoff's fault (a joke for the seriously old heads there).

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

TBH it went to poo poo after The Office, the moment he had name and face recognition beyond the confines of a London-based radio station and a couple of C4 shows that nobody watched it all went to poo poo. It's all Bob Geldoff's fault (a joke for the seriously old heads there).

I remember there being a point where he went from "pretending to be a bigheaded oval office" to "actual big headed oval office."

Not sure when exactly it happened, but I remember it being clear when they moved to the podcast and just rehashed stuff from the radio shows. As far as I can tell now he just does that poo poo attack helicopter joke again and again.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I reckon big tim sherwood could do a job for the woolwich gunners. :)

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Doesn’t he have a current hit Netflix show starting only last year?

Not that anyone but Netflix has viewing figures mind.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

wooger posted:

Doesn’t he have a current hit Netflix show starting only last year?

Not that anyone but Netflix has viewing figures mind.

After Life? I haven't watched it, but yeah I think it's been very successful. It seems like the central conceit is similar to his standup tbh, where he's a massive oval office who cloaks being a oval office in "just telling it like it is" bullshit. Like I said though, I haven't watched it so am happy to be proven wrong here.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Jippa posted:

I reckon big tim sherwood could do a job for the woolwich gunners. :)

If it weren't for the fact that he's too honourable to leave while he's still under contract I'd be worried that they'd be eyeing up bielsa tbh, a similar managerial mind to tactics tim

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

the sex ghost posted:

If it weren't for the fact that he's too honourable to leave while he's still under contract I'd be worried that they'd be eyeing up bielsa tbh, a similar managerial mind to tactics tim

Why would he leave for another bottom of the table team though?

It’s not like they’re gonna give him 150m to spend in January, and they have bad owners.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
What was that Carragher tweet, he deleted it

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

trem_two posted:

What was that Carragher tweet, he deleted it

“Delete this you loving idiot”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU