Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

how it feels to cast a million spells in dragon quest 11:

after casting a single spell in final fantasy 7 rebirth:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Jade runs out of mp pretty quickly since her mana pool is so small & I can't resist multithrusting everything to death, so I gave her a Happy Hat to recover mp as I walk around

Swapping to the boss armor set in battle ftmfw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Jade runs out of mp pretty quickly since her mana pool is so small & I can't resist multithrusting everything to death, so I gave her a Happy Hat to recover mp as I walk around

the switch to wizard classes getting their MP back easily through natural combat and taking small breaks to fighters being the ones that run out of steam is one of my favorite shifts in JRPGs. the fighters still have something to do so their resources are either nuisance clearers or a way to do crowd control in boss fights. it means the situation where you end up fighting 200 ice wolves in final fantasy 1 and just get bored never happens

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

that being said it IS hard not to make jade the MVP for every fight lol

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

get that Belle's Bow +3 and let Jade do whatever she wants

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

bees x1000 posted:

get that Belle's Bow +3 and let Jade do whatever she wants

Oh yeah I bet my forge skills are good enough to do that now

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

that being said it IS hard not to make jade the MVP for every fight lol

Every boss fight so far is like: Sylvando Oomple Jade, Jade multithrust, MC/Hendrick are basically supports. They kabuff/magic shield/heal when necessary and put in decent dmg otherwise

I also got Jade the unblockable spear upgrade so she's literally unstoppable atm

Poor Erik hasn't had a decent knife in like 20 hours

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I wouldn't resist Jade multithrusting me to death either!!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I wouldn't resist Jade multithrusting me to death either!!

She's essentially your big sister you sick gently caress.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
don't they let you marry her?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I got the tude now posted:

don't they let you marry her?

You can also marry Rab so Jade isn't really my biggest concern.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
your biggest concern is marry elderly men. topic locked.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You're supposed to marry Gemma you retards.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

absolutely

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I feel bad for never using Rab outside of a backup Kerplunk user, so I swapped him to claws and he still kinda sucks lol. I just don't see how to include him into a main party. The Flareon of DQXi?! *youtube thumbnail face*

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

☝️

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I feel bad for never using Rab outside of a backup Kerplunk user, so I swapped him to claws and he still kinda sucks lol. I just don't see how to include him into a main party. The Flareon of DQXi?! *youtube thumbnail face*

he's basically there for midgame utility I think, definitely falls off in act 3. he's good for magic when there's no better magic user available and pearly gates is good when other party members haven't unlocked any Target All moves yet

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol i just got spoiled for a couple of things but gemma is absolutely the right choice from that group

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJY7KZ8vnug

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rab is a great red mage to pair with sylvando to make up for his lack of oomphle. he also has unique stuff like insulate and pearly gates thats really useful, and his pep powers own

veronica is crazy strong, especially in act 3 but she likes to die a lot. on stronger monsters she gets oneshot all the time

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

another great shift in modern JRPGs has been the one from "whoever needs the most experience/ap/whatever goes in the party" to "I have new outfits or abilities for people I want to try," lol.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The worst poo poo was games having equipment that gave you bonus stats on level up so you'd have to watch XP like a hawk and shuffle things around when they got close

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

P-Mack posted:

The worst poo poo was games having equipment that gave you bonus stats on level up so you'd have to watch XP like a hawk and shuffle things around when they got close

lol, yeah. final fantasy 6 had this going on but to its credit, the esper level up bonuses were legitimately just... bonuses. you could extremely easily destroy the game without ever thinking about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FF9's the same way only it doesn't even tell you about the level up bonuses lol

It's for the best because if you play without knowing they're there you'll never become aware of the system at all and never need to care about your stats one bit