Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

human garbage bag posted:

It's actually really simple, you just shoplift and later return the items for cash.

Yeah but how many times can you do that before you run out of Walmarts near you that you aren't banned from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

snake and bake posted:

I guess I should have expected that a thread about doing unappealing poo poo for money when you're down on your luck and looking at an empty plate would draw every "temporarily embarassed millionaire" poster out of the woodwork to poo poo on it

What are you on about, honestly? I put it to you that your frustrations stem, in significant part, from your complete inability to assess other peoples thoughts and motivations. Really...

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Syenite posted:

Yeah but how many times can you do that before you run out of Walmarts near you that you aren't banned from?

Like in anything you need to invest and put a modicum of effort. First step, robbing a theater or movie studio for make up and costumes or if neither is available, your local Halloween supplies store.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

human garbage bag posted:

It's actually really simple, you just shoplift and later return the items for cash.

I once returned 2 not-stolen items like a week apart. First time was cool, 2nd time they treated me like I was a loving thief and wanted to make a copy of my drivers license even though I had receipts. Seems like they have a system that red flags you if you do multiple returns within a short period. Just saying.

No retailer is more deserving of theft than Walmart, but I'm not actually endorsing anything illegal itt because getting caught will probably permafuck your life

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

how much of a starter sum should i aim to make gold farming before i can start investing in crytocurrency for the real returns?

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

jarofpiss posted:

how much of a starter sum should i aim to make gold farming before i can start investing in crytocurrency for the real returns?

If you do cryptocurrency I hope you get eaten by a cryptid.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Crespolini posted:

What are you on about, honestly? I put it to you that your frustrations stem, in significant part, from your complete inability to assess other peoples thoughts and motivations. Really...

I'm talking about all these trolls who (pretend to?) think we live in a meritocracy and if you're poor then you just haven't been bootstrapping hard enough, even though they probably aren't rich either

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

snake and bake posted:

I'm talking about all these trolls who (pretend to?) think we live in a meritocracy and if you're poor then you just haven't been bootstrapping hard enough, even though they probably aren't rich either

ignore the trolls! do you have any more daytrading tips? what are some strategies you should use?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
If you have a modicum of musical ability and a musical instrument that doesn’t require a sound system or electricity, you can set up on a busy sidewalk and make a pretty decent amount of money. It’s not a substitute for a job but if you’re hungry you can keep your stomach full, and if you don’t have the gear you might be able to make enough to buy a sandwich by rhythmically banging on a bucket for an hour. People will donate to buskers no matter how skilled they are, but genuine talent can bring in some big bills, especially if you can play the hits.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Okay... I mean, maybe get a roommate? Or like, find an apartment that's below the average rent in a city. You make it sound like it's literally impossible to live anywhere on a minimum wage which is obviously not true. You don't have to be like, pro-minimum wage to acknowledge there are definitely people who live in apartments on minimum wage lol

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Okay... I mean, maybe get a roommate? Or like, find an apartment that's below the average rent in a city. You make it sound like it's literally impossible to live anywhere on a minimum wage which is obviously not true. You don't have to be like, pro-minimum wage to acknowledge there are definitely people who live in apartments on minimum wage lol

It's not impossible, but it is an extreme minority of renters who can do that. Hence, the entire gig economy.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

It's actually irrelevant to the discussion at hand because you are going to make even less money with more overhead trying to sell gold or whatever than if you worked a min wage job.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Syenite posted:

It's not impossible, but it is an extreme minority of renters who can do that. Hence, the entire gig economy.

So like where do all the people who work at McDonalds, Walmart, etc. live

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

also in all seriousness its insane that the OP includes 'selling eggs' as an option because its actually quite difficult (and can be dangerous) to sell eggs - and there are strict screening processes which include things like 'employment history' and 'mental health history' and is a many months long process which seems far more intensive and challenging then... getting a minimum wage job.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

If you have a modicum of musical ability and a musical instrument that doesn’t require a sound system or electricity, you can set up on a busy sidewalk and make a pretty decent amount of money. It’s not a substitute for a job but if you’re hungry you can keep your stomach full, and if you don’t have the gear you might be able to make enough to buy a sandwich by rhythmically banging on a bucket for an hour. People will donate to buskers no matter how skilled they are, but genuine talent can bring in some big bills, especially if you can play the hits.

I knew a guy in SF that busked for a living and he managed to afford an SRO and a rather brisk cocaine habit. Doing something right!

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Aruan posted:

also in all seriousness its insane that the OP includes 'selling eggs' as an option because its actually quite difficult (and can be dangerous) to sell eggs - and there are strict screening processes which include things like 'employment history' and 'mental health history' and is a many months long process which seems far more intensive and challenging then... getting a minimum wage job.

Selling lemonade at a lemonade stand - that's a probation. But selling body parts? Now that's comedy.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I figured they were talking about a scheme selling farm eggs like a rambunctious Mark Twain character

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Selling lemonade at a lemonade stand - that's a probation. But selling body parts? Now that's comedy.

"get a minimum wage job at a restaurant" = trolling

"subject your body to a dangerous procedure for which most CSPAM posters won't be qualified" = serious suggestion that we shouldn't make fun of because gee whiz the OP is trying to help

we're very close to "why not try sex work, there's a fetish out there for everyone!" or "lurk in an alleyway outside morgan stanley and mug passing bankers and use that money to buy a sweet gaming rig to farm gold"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Aruan posted:

we're very close to "why not try sex work, there's a fetish out there for everyone!" or "lurk in an alleyway outside morgan stanley and mug passing bankers and use that money to buy a sweet gaming wig to farm gold"

putting on my gaming wig, gamer girl gunnars, makeup, etc to seduce & findom simps on my twitch stream

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
This thread is incredibly bad

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

we have some new blood in cspam... anyone have any good money making tips?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Here's a tip: rent a cheap small office and start a sleep study company, then just live there. No one will wonder why the owner is always there overnight! Save loads on rent!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

what

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

we have some new blood in cspam... anyone have any good money making tips?

Yup, get a freakin job!!!!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

really queer Christmas posted:

submitting my application to boeing as we speak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

really queer Christmas posted: