Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Proposal: a goon savagely owns Abe every day for a month.

Reality: a goon savagely owned Abe every day for a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Wait I thought it was a small child that owned Abe into oblivion

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
proposal: ordering russian benzo to get high

reality: the entirity of the Joose thread, including but not limited to a goon blacking out for multiple days, ordering a grand piano and losing his relationship in the process, all without remembering any of it

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWfl16KJ-JI

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Das Butterbrot posted:

proposal: ordering russian benzo to get high

reality: the entirity of the Joose thread, including but not limited to a goon blacking out for multiple days, ordering a grand piano and losing his relationship in the process, all without remembering any of it

I read through that whole thread, and while it wasn't as rife with death-permabanned posters as I thought it would be, there were still more than I felt entirely comfortable with. There was at least one permadead poster in there who had talked about how opiates aren't that bad. :smith:

There were also posts that were like "Yeah, I tried joose and I blacked out, did multiple terrible things, woke up with a broken arm, and all of my friends hate me. The next time I do it, I'm going to make sure that I can't leave the house, lol! :haw:" There were so many people who clearly did not have any fun whatsoever and then immediately bought apocalypse bunker amounts of joose the next day/week. It was a fun thread to read, but it was also loving scary.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
I like the one where the guy owns a website, lies about how much income it makes, abuses every woman he has a romantic interest in, gets crippling boneitis in the spine which is actually alcoholism and prescription drug abuse, loses his Patreon money, gets mad he can't order 100 dollar cookies any more, then sells the website he owns while being a bitter shitbag the entire time.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ardemia posted:

I like the one where the guy owns a website, lies about how much income it makes, abuses every woman he has a romantic interest in, gets crippling boneitis in the spine which is actually alcoholism and prescription drug abuse, loses his Patreon money, gets mad he can't order 100 dollar cookies any more, then sells the website he owns while being a bitter shitbag the entire time.

This is the master plot arc of the show.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

The comparison to smoking K2 (multiple times) with the whistle from Zelda teleporting him to the hospital (multiple times).

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Ardemia posted:

:hmmyes:

edit:

pro starcraft loser posted:

The comparison to smoking K2 (multiple times) with the whistle from Zelda teleporting him to the hospital (multiple times).

This was, indeed, extremely amusing.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Wasn't there a Goon that went to climb Mt Everest with zero preparation and died on the mountain?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The Hambulance posted:

Wasn't there a Goon that went to climb Mt Everest with zero preparation and died on the mountain?

No.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Bah! I knew I shouldn't have drank that whole bottle of cough medicine before posting.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

now you done it

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

The Hambulance posted:

Not sure about that one, but there was a dumbass who went hiking with zero experience, a sleigh full of gear people kept telling him he wouldn't need and only lasted 2-3 hours before his dumb rear end had to be rescued.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Archer666 posted:

Not sure about that one, but there was a dumbass who went hiking with zero experience, a sleigh full of gear people kept telling him he wouldn't need and only lasted 2-3 hours before his dumb rear end had to be rescued.

Are you sure that wasn't Muerte walking across America and nearly collapsing 6 miles into a San Francisco park that was highly reviewed for walking dogs?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480

E:Beaten :doh:

But it deserves another mention anyway

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Archer666 posted:

Here you go:

YeahTubaMike posted:

Obviously nothing beats groverhaus, but I like the Muerte story where he tried and failed, miserably to hike across the entire US while subsisting on trail mix & dragging a small flimsy cart behind him.

Link and all :)

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Revins posted:

was this the office worker dude who decided to walk across the country with no kind of training whatsoever and barely made it out of the public park he started in
yeah he walked 25 miles in 4 days and took an uber back to his aunt's house

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

quote:

Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff. Time works the same way.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

proposal: a spooky+fun photoshop thread

reality: two 12yr olds girls are sentenced to 25 - life in a mental hospital after trying to murder their best friend

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts

pro starcraft loser posted:

lol every time

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I like the two worlds saga

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

bump this thread every time you lol remembering Koalas March had a faithful sock puppet that constantly talked about how she was super badass and cool

Tip posted:

Proposal: smash mouth eat 24 eggs
Result: Goons raise $10,000 and smash mouth eats a single bite of egg

all while DocEvil looks loving terrified

DrBouvenstein posted:

and another goon who started to create a concept album dedicated to the then recently deceased Billy Mays.

there's only one goon-made concept album that ever interested me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ2GsQKYmvM

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

all while DocEvil looks loving terrified

I dunno, he looks like he's having a lot of fun IMHO

Alex433999
Aug 16, 2014
Anyone have a link or a rundown of the zipline of death?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

...of SCIENCE! posted:

what a gormless rear end in a top hat lmao

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I glanced at this quickly and thought it was that dude with the glasses from the later seasons of The Office.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Alex433999 posted:

Anyone have a link or a rundown of the zipline of death?

Dude was working at a summer camp and thought it would be cool to build a zipline for the kids, but his math was like WAY off when he planned it and it turns out that if a kid used it instead of a fun little ride it would send them at like terminal velocity right into a wooden wall

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

YeahTubaMike posted:

I glanced at this quickly and thought it was that dude with the glasses from the later seasons of The Office.

It is seriously uncanny how much Office Clark looks like DocEvil, they really nailed the zeitgeist with that casting.

Reminds me of the old meme of goons swearing that celebrities were secret goons because they used phrases like "comedy gold" or referenced current events that the forums had also been discussing earlier in the day, The Daily Show especially had some people that were genuine truthers about a person in the writer's room being a goon.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

he looks like the angry bar mitzvah kid from 30 Rock

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Where was the literal death slide posted? I managed to miss it entirely.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

...of SCIENCE! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clyEcrwuXfk&t=92s

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I was going to say that dweeby best friend from Kick-rear end, but it turns out that's the same dude.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Chomp8645 posted:

Proposal: a goon savagely owns Abe every day for a month.

Reality: a goon savagely owned Abe every day for a month.

this was the funniest loving thing I've ever seen on here

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Who was that goon who got into a car chase with the police and one of his friends posted a fundraiser for his bail and forums donated exactly one dollar?

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Please provide links to any of these for the uninforned

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I am an immature child and like creative fart stories:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849778

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Suggestion: every time one of the really famous stories gets reposted, add the link to that thread to the OP of this one.

Not complaining, just noting that stuff like Abe getting owned into the land of wind and ghosts, Zipline of Death, BeatMastrJ's bathroom, etc. get brought up on a regular basis in these threads and there's always a bunch of people who haven't read them and would like to.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
I still remember bigpeeler's stories fondly. Was he the one who posted about street racing his trash truck till the axel caught fire?

"Was I on fire?"
"Yeah."
"Was it cool?"
"Hell yeah!"

Or something to that effect.

His trash truckin' days aren't in the SAclopedia, so maybe I'm mixing him up with another straight legend:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1690

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I thought bigpeeler was the zookeeper?