Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I thought bigpeeler was the zookeeper?

That was Kevin James.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Tip posted:

That was Kevin James.

see now I want to see an adaptation of bigpeeler's stories starring Kevin James, sounds like a much better movie In My Opinion

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

It turned out it was the zoo that was keeping him.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Who was the guy who pretended to be a marxist muslim in LF who said everything people wanted to hear and was like "I'm so poor I can't afford pants!!" then goons gave him money and he pocketed it and left?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It is seriously uncanny how much Office Clark looks like DocEvil, they really nailed the zeitgeist with that casting.

Reminds me of the old meme of goons swearing that celebrities were secret goons because they used phrases like "comedy gold" or referenced current events that the forums had also been discussing earlier in the day, The Daily Show especially had some people that were genuine truthers about a person in the writer's room being a goon.

I don't follow goon history much but I vaguely remembered hearing a goon got an acting roll in a major motion picture and when I saw Hot Tub Time Machine a few years ago I 100% thought it was actually DocEvil in the movie. Like I thought it was actually him until a few months ago.

(Turns out the goon movie was called Project X)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Who was the guy who pretended to be a marxist muslim in LF who said everything people wanted to hear and was like "I'm so poor I can't afford pants!!" then goons gave him money and he pocketed it and left?

BrotherAziz

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

What did he pocket the money in? :thunk: :pants:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I don't follow goon history much but I vaguely remembered hearing a goon got an acting roll in a major motion picture and when I saw Hot Tub Time Machine a few years ago I 100% thought it was actually DocEvil in the movie. Like I thought it was actually him until a few months ago.

(Turns out the goon movie was called Project X)

Not the one with monkeys and Matthew Broderick. The horrible dudebro movie from the 2000s.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

I'm particularly fond of Honkey Dong Country's nuclear threads. Very enlightening and educational.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Im really curious about the abe one where is that?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

anonumos posted:

I still remember bigpeeler's stories fondly. Was he the one who posted about street racing his trash truck till the axel caught fire?

"Was I on fire?"
"Yeah."
"Was it cool?"
"Hell yeah!"

Or something to that effect.

That's a joke from Hot Rod.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Empty Sandwich posted:

this was the funniest loving thing I've ever seen on here

quote:

Solemnly, you accept your fate. "I deserve to go to hell and burn for all eternity", you think in a hillbilly accent.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
so I don’t have links to all the threads people are talking about but I do have a few. idk which of these require archives, sorry

a thread in which every day, Abe gets owned really hard

bEatmastrJ’s awful bathroom

zipline of death

fyad thread about the zipline

heating basement pool, all the pics are dead so I highly recommend looking at the archive.org version

the PYF Sagas thread is a good place to ask about weird poo poo that’s happened on the forums

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

By popular demand posted:

One day I'll find proof that the entire 2016 Trump presidential campaign was a forums hoax that got out of hand.
Not the dumpsterfire that the presidency was, that is entirely on the Don.

there is some evidence that q of qanon fame came from these forums, so you're not far off

and even if that isn't true it's an undeniable fact that 4chan came from here, and the radicalization which happened on that platform could've easily affected the race. Not sure if that's "proof" per se but it's good enough for me

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

This one was confusing until I figured out that yeah actually they will and no they will not are the same poster.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

best thing DocEvil ever did was get his shoes roasted offsite.

anyway microwave's mom was p. fuckin' hot

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

best thing DocEvil ever did was get his shoes roasted offsite.

anyway microwave's mom was p. fuckin' hot

She was cute...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

YeahTubaMike posted:

Are you talking about abackofpanthers/abunchofnumbers? I thought that was staged, it panned out so...expectedly. He only ("only") had an arm amputated though, iirc.
I think abunchofnumbers is dead

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Koala's March being outed as owning her hypewoman account, Honey Trap Queen

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Bogus Adventure posted:

Koala's March being outed as owning her hypewoman account, Honey Trap Queen

also on her way out the door she tried to say that the official discord for the minority rapport was her patreon's discord, lol

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

PookBear posted:

also on her way out the door she tried to say that the official discord for the minority rapport was her patreon's discord, lol

:laffo:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Reminder that goons nearly voted NHL journeyman Rory Fitzpatrick into the actual NHL all-star game if the NHL hadn't messed with the votes.

The Canucks bought tshirts on the whole idea, there was video attack ads on NHL hall of famers, the whole deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wMzSbFQ5x4

I really need to find this masterpiece again.

Edit: also Hockey Scores

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZMnF1VNlE

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Play posted:

there is some evidence that q of qanon fame came from these forums, so you're not far off

and even if that isn't true it's an undeniable fact that 4chan came from here, and the radicalization which happened on that platform could've easily affected the race. Not sure if that's "proof" per se but it's good enough for me

Also a goon did hillarys emails and a different goon did benghazi

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

stab posted:

Reminder that goons nearly voted NHL journeyman Rory Fitzpatrick into the actual NHL all-star game if the NHL hadn't messed with the votes.

The Canucks bought tshirts on the whole idea, there was video attack ads on NHL hall of famers, the whole deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wMzSbFQ5x4

I really need to find this masterpiece again.

Edit: also Hockey Scores

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZMnF1VNlE

this reminds me of two things

1. Christ do I ever miss the SAS wiki and wish it still existed
2. First and last time I ever followed/posted in the NHL thread was during the 2006 Eastern Conference Finals/Stanley Cup Finals, aka "The Series That Tore SAS Apart". That was a ride.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Better Than You posted:

I think abunchofnumbers is dead

Even if he did die (in which case, RIP), I'm still relatively sure he had one of his arms amputated.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

this reminds me of two things

1. Christ do I ever miss the SAS wiki and wish it still existed
2. First and last time I ever followed/posted in the NHL thread was during the 2006 Eastern Conference Finals/Stanley Cup Finals, aka "The Series That Tore SAS Apart". That was a ride.

Buffalo/Carolina.

gently caress why do I still remember this?!?!?!

Oh poo poo i found one of the rory threads i think

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2182795

stab has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Dec 4, 2020

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
I remember back in the day reading about a WoW Addon that goons used to auto respond to trigger words in general chat like curse words so that everytime a pubbie said 'drat' or something, then everyone in the guild would automatically respond with some variation of 'Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" and since it came from all seperate accounts it wasn't 'technically' spamming the chat.

I hope someone who participated could elaborate further.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Play posted:

there is some evidence that q of qanon fame came from these forums

Bull loving poo poo.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smuMVMDDeK8

YeahTubaMike posted:

Even if he did die (in which case, RIP), I'm still relatively sure he had one of his arms amputated.
He did; he posted a picture of himself right after the amputation.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Empty Sandwich posted:

this was the funniest loving thing I've ever seen on here

The mental image of Abe pouring milk into a urinal filled with cereal has stuck with me all these years.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

super sweet best pal posted:

The mental image of Abe pouring milk into a urinal filled with cereal has stuck with me all these years.

it wasn't the funniest one, but the meta-joke where Abe (correctly) complained about the unfunny non-g0m burns, so g0m just took one day to encourage everybody else to burn Abe on his behalf stuck with me

Tunicate posted:

and a different goon did benghazi

one died in Benghazi

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Empty Sandwich posted:

one died in Benghazi

Shoot blues, tell vilerat

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

anonumos posted:

I still remember bigpeeler's stories fondly. Was he the one who posted about street racing his trash truck till the axel caught fire?

"Was I on fire?"
"Yeah."
"Was it cool?"
"Hell yeah!"

Or something to that effect.

His trash truckin' days aren't in the SAclopedia, so maybe I'm mixing him up with another straight legend:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1690

That was Bruiser or someshit

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

bigperm posted:

I remember back in the day reading about a WoW Addon that goons used to auto respond to trigger words in general chat like curse words so that everytime a pubbie said 'drat' or something, then everyone in the guild would automatically respond with some variation of 'Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" and since it came from all seperate accounts it wasn't 'technically' spamming the chat.

I hope someone who participated could elaborate further.

Oh man I remember this. After reading about the add-on on I tried WoW for a few days and used it and the whole chat of the zone would instantly break down into frothing rage and people screaming at others to ignore the auto-replies.

I'm 90% sure it was this add-on
https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info8283-Reportedbyweasel.html

But I know the version I used was more elaborate. it had a bunch of pop culture references in place of the simple "reported" message and some kind of script cycled through them. It was always stuff sorta like:
"x, reported! "YOU SHALL NOT SWEAR!!" -Gandalf the white"

E: ooh I found this thread about it and other similar stuff
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3686517#post438645450

Jinh has a new favorite as of 20:35 on Dec 4, 2020

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Shoot blues, tell vilerat

Oh look, it’s goddamned Arghy

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

the goon taht poo poo him own pants

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Bull loving poo poo.

I don't have any links since I don't give a gently caress but there was this account which I believe was simply called "Q" and would post these short messages that had the same structure as a short letter (or one of the so called Q drops) except every letter was just Q in upper or lower case. It was a small kind of thing for a time and the poster got a lot of attention and maybe that tripped some switches in their brain, about using mystery and the letter Q to gently caress around with people. Not to mention that 4chan, who Q has always been totally associated with, is a spinoff from this site.

It's far from proof but it's also completely believable. Personally I don't care at all whether it's true because it's just fun to imagine. Believe whatever you want, goon sir

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I don't know if it was the same goon each time, but there was a period of time that every few weeks there was a goon who would post a thread about how doggystyle smells. Then, goons would always try to get more info about whether it they were actually talking about anal or if the partner had a hygiene problem followed by more completely aloof answers from the op.

The replies were usually worth at least a sensible chuckle.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Sir Not Appearing posted:

I don't know if it was the same goon each time, but there was a period of time that every few weeks there was a goon who would post a thread about how doggystyle smells. Then, goons would always try to get more info about whether it they were actually talking about anal or if the partner had a hygiene problem followed by more completely aloof answers from the op.

The replies were usually worth at least a sensible chuckle.

That was Lord WaffleBeard or something. For 3-4 years they pulled the gimmick of confusing doggy = anal; and goons would respond in kind, "well, not necessarily"; for pages.

Like once a year, for several years, the post would be made and the debate would continue for half a dozen pages. It was a weird and silly gimmick, but I admired the determination to keep it going once a year for years on end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

verbal enema posted:

That was Bruiser or someshit

Oh RIGHT! I forgot and did get them mixed up. Unfortunately Bruiser doesn't have an SAclopedia entry :(

His stories (universally thought to be made up, I guess, but not at the time he posted them) were hilarious. He had good comedic timing in his writing, is all I'll say.