Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

The Hambulance posted:

Wasn't there a Goon that went to climb Mt Everest with zero preparation and died on the mountain?

She wasn't a goon, but I think the woman you're thinking of is Shriya Shah-Klorfine, who iirc the Everest thread picked up on and were actively liveblogging her suicide-by-mountain as it went down

https://youtu.be/QEcHBFs-qME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

titties posted:

She closed the pyf boobs and butts threads but the dongs thread was allowed to continue for a while thankfully

This is the future liberals want.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Tear down the wall!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

titties posted:

She closed the pyf boobs and butts threads but the dongs thread was allowed to continue for a while thankfully

What's the point of a dong without boobs and butts?

It's like having a straw with nothing to drink.

Actually that's a bad analogy nm

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Morally Inept talked about loving his dog in one of the "admit stuff" threads

It was probably a dumb joke, but if you don't want people to call you a dogfucker, don't say you gently caress dogs :shrug:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Achmed Jones posted:

It was probably a dumb joke, but if you don't want people to call you a dogfucker, don't say you gently caress dogs :shrug:

You gotta be careful saying that kind of stuff. Let me tell ya once you get a reputation for being a _____ fucker, that doesn't go away quickly!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
When David Thorpe managed to get Pitbull shipped to a remote village in Alaska - https://www.nydailynews.com/enterta...ticle-1.1125687

I've always liked this one since it was a dumb idea that worked, and had a fun ending.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Chomp8645 posted:

You gotta be careful saying that kind of stuff. Let me tell ya once you get a reputation for being a _____ fucker, that doesn't go away quickly!

"... but talk constantly about loving your dog, and..."

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

FullLeatherJacket posted:

She wasn't a goon, but I think the woman you're thinking of is Shriya Shah-Klorfine, who iirc the Everest thread picked up on and were actively liveblogging her suicide-by-mountain as it went down

That’s the one I was thinking of, thanks. I remember reading about her here, that’d be why I thought she was a goon.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

suicide-by-mountain sounds METAL, just setting out uninformed and unprepared is an avoidable tragedy of the stupid kind.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

By popular demand posted:

suicide-by-mountain sounds METAL, just setting out uninformed and unprepared is an avoidable tragedy of the stupid kind.

That's a "You just die tired" situation.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Dunno, I can imagine a Hemingway type of geezer making his way to the top and then just going to sleep without proper thermal isolation.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Achmed Jones posted:

Wasn't there someone in an "admit stuff" thread who talked about torturing animals for fun? Then other goons were like "well, I did [insert torturous thing here], but NOTHING as bad as [insert extremely torturous thing here]"?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Hemingway took a quicker way out.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BillyJoeBob posted:

I liked the time a whacked out mechanic goblin went Fury Road across the US in a dying jeep. Then it exploded in the middle of a farm or something.

If this is the AI one I'm thinking of it was a fun trip with a lot of people helping out, and then the guy tried something inappropriate (I forget the details, they were vague but it sounded gross) with the kid of the person letting him stay there and welp that was the end of that cool story.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

FullLeatherJacket posted:

The goon legacy is the thread about it turned into a massive, massive circlejerk about how bad climbing Mt Everest is and goons got really loving weird about the argument. It went from a circlejerk to a near-cult in their beliefs in no time.

GBS 2.0 cleared a lot of those "goons being really weird about something" threads out. This was one of them.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Jinh posted:

The bachelor threads in general. They were always worth reading and I'm sure some of the famous goon stories like holepisser or whatever came from those threads, but the whole thing was just people doing depraved poo poo and posting about it on the internet for others to agree with. It always seemed like half the posters had terrible things to admit but they were gauging reactions, waiting on someone else to admit to something slightly worse before thinking to themselves "phew ok, i can say I also do this and i wont get laughed at that much". everyone was just constantly toeing the line

Yeah, I remember those threads. Like the guy who never bought toilet paper and just used coffee machine filters from work. Or someone else who never washed their socks, just threw them in the trash when they got smelly and kept buying new pairs. There was also the fact that about 30% of the posts in those threads ended with "also, I'm a girl."

I think the last time one of those threads was closed was because someone went into great detail about lancing a boil or cutting off a carbuncle from his inner thigh with a steak knife and hoovering up the remains with a vacuum cleaner.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Who was the guy who pretended to be a marxist muslim in LF who said everything people wanted to hear and was like "I'm so poor I can't afford pants!!" then goons gave him money and he pocketed it and left?

BrotherAziz

EDIT: drat, already posted

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 21:29 on Dec 5, 2020

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

YeahTubaMike posted:

Wasn't there someone in an "admit stuff" thread who talked about torturing animals for fun? Then other goons were like "well, I did [insert torturous thing here], but NOTHING as bad as [insert extremely torturous thing here]"?

I remember that. Several people got all defensive and righteous, "Everybody does stuff like torturing animals as kids, you're an idiot!" and lots of other people were slowly walking away from them.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Valko posted:

cutting off a carbuncle from his inner thigh with a steak knife and hoovering up the remains with a vacuum cleaner.

Just goons being goons

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Justin Godscock posted:

The goon legacy is the thread about it turned into a massive, massive circlejerk about how bad climbing Mt Everest is and goons got really loving weird about the argument. It went from a circlejerk to a near-cult in their beliefs in no time.

GBS 2.0 cleared a lot of those "goons being really weird about something" threads out. This was one of them.

Tbh I think that's about standard for mountaineering discussion in general

I forget whose book it was where they all go to a funeral for some other climber who died in his mid-30s, spend the entire time just telling funny climbing stories about times they nearly died, and none of them can work out why the widow gets up and just starts screaming at them

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

BillyJoeBob posted:

I liked the time a whacked out mechanic goblin went Fury Road across the US in a dying jeep. Then it exploded in the middle of a farm or something.

whacked out because he was an Actual Meth Addict and the road trip was an attempt to get him away from Seattle/his meth buddies

and then it turns out he was just a poo poo person and sexually assaulted the wife (?) of the goon who was letting him stay with them

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Justin Godscock posted:

Nah, I'm pretty sure the Everest threads survived GBS 2 and were killed by posters whining in QCS.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yeah in one of those threads a goon admitted he killed his family cat by intentionally putting him in the clothes dryer and leaving it on until it died. People kept asking for him to be banned (he never was) and he shrugged it off as" everyone does stupid stuff when they're 14".

I unironically hope he's dead.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
It's not quite a goon story, but I enjoyed hearing my students talk about their interest in scary stories/SCP stuff and mentioning Slender Man. One kid was like, "You know it's fake, right?" I told them I post on the forum that INVENTED Slender Man. I did not tell them about Slender Man's successor: Bendy Man.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What's ol' Lowtax up to these days? It feels like forever but it's only been a few months since he sold the place.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What's ol' Lowtax up to these days? It feels like forever but it's only been a few months since he sold the place.

Still making gaming garbage videos. I just checked, he still has 33k subscribers but no video he has uploaded in the past few weeks has more than 700 views. To put that into perspective there is a guy I subscribe to called Sean Moore* who made the Cinematic Excrement channel - his latest upload was a month ago and it has 16k views even if he has the same amount of subscribers as lowtax.

*His humour isn't for everyone - it's a bit too try-hard and smug at times but I do recommend his channel.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I think he's on a 30 day facebook ban. There's a weird message up on his wall suggesting such.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

The entire contents of the comments section on his second most recent video. Video released 2 weeks ago, 6 comments total.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lowtax is the ultimate Dumb Goon, on the one hand I wish he would just go away and don't want to talk about him

otoh he is still holding onto the "nobody can prove anything" bit despite having a public-record guilty plea on an assault charge so I'm torn

Busted Pisser
Dec 6, 2020

Never skip kegels day
ge cafe's Mr. Sunshine story and any of Roboshit's meth-fueled insane posts are classics. Also, the time Volume tried to cut his head off with a table saw was pretty good.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

Valko posted:

Still making gaming garbage videos. I just checked, he still has 33k subscribers but no video he has uploaded in the past few weeks has more than 700 views. To put that into perspective there is a guy I subscribe to called Sean Moore* who made the Cinematic Excrement channel - his latest upload was a month ago and it has 16k views even if he has the same amount of subscribers as lowtax.

*His humour isn't for everyone - it's a bit too try-hard and smug at times but I do recommend his channel.

Nice try, Sean

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Muk Dumpster posted:

Nice try, Sean

It's not me doofus, here's proof.

Yeah ok, I get you're just ribbing me but I do like the smeghead and I think his videos are entertaining and informative.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I had Lowtax as a Facebook Friend for a month or two after him being driven off SA. I unfriended him because, drat, you can only tolerate the mental gymnastics for so long, you know? He is also hopelessly attached to his Internet past and just refuses to acknowledge anything happening today. That YouTube comment is just his 1999 edgelord self that hasn't grown-up in any way.

Bogus Adventure posted:

It's not quite a goon story, but I enjoyed hearing my students talk about their interest in scary stories/SCP stuff and mentioning Slender Man. One kid was like, "You know it's fake, right?" I told them I post on the forum that INVENTED Slender Man. I did not tell them about Slender Man's successor: Bendy Man.

I still remember reading that thread in 2009, coming across the original Slender Man post and thinking to myself "That looks goddamn stupid yet the Internet is going to find it terrifying". Well, here we are.

Justin Godscock has a new favorite as of 03:48 on Dec 6, 2020

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hopefully not beating women

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chomp8645 posted:

I get the impression that people who talk about loving dogs don’t know you aren’t supposed to gently caress dogs. :woof:

Delysid
Jul 31, 2003

need another damn shooter
I let a goon who was on a road trip crash at my apartment one night 15 years ago, almost to the day IIRC. I gave him a few hits of acid and he bugged the gently caress out and had a psychotic episode culminating in him dropping his pants, dong flapping around, standing atop my coffee table screaming at the top of his lungs. He puked up green sludge all over my carpet and repeatedly yelled “I guess it doesn’t really MATTER, because I AM THE EXPERIENCE!!!!” for a couple of hours and eventually snapped out of it like nothing out of the ordinary had happened and left the next morning.

This is all 100% true.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I always wanted to try acid or shrooms but stories like that...

Eh, I was a raging alcoholic in my twenties and an episode like that would not have been out of the ordinary for me.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I still think about cum vase every now and then. It's an enduring image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Something made me remember this one, a 30 page meltdown when goons didn't instantly convert to astrology.