Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

The Last Call posted:

Renee's reaction in video form:
https://streamable.com/3jch34

Best part of this is how the dog wanders in to look at her as she goes "Oh my god! What!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Shida wishing she hadn't seen all those Japanese horror movies now.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Every AEW ep needs to end with a snippet of Eddie Kingston screaming about something.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

karmicknight posted:

Oh, so this is why ItohRespectArmy thinks the end game is AEW owning TNA.

Alright, I guess i can see it from that angle.

this is an insanely big if but IF this is AEW buying out TNA to run as a developmental brand it's actually pretty genius, you already have a small fanbase in place and a middling mens roster and an incredible womens roster, almost everyone on the AEW roster has some kind of history with TNA and they can use that to run storylines, they can acknowledge peoples TNA title reigns and more importantly IMPACT would not feel like a B show, it would be a separate thing.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
BTW saw some people mention it, did Kenny get a black eye?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Gumball Gumption posted:

The more I think about it the more I like it. Kenny talks a huge game, the best bout machine is back. And then cheats and runs away to Impact because he burned every single bridge at his own company in exchange for holding the title. It's really good.

Yeah it rules. I felt like they were going to do some kind of juke, because Kenny just repeatedly going "I'm the best now" and winning the belt clean would be a weird story to tell, but I also thought it was a natural time for a title change so I wasn't sure how they were gonna square both boxes. Didn't see this coming!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah, Kenny definitely "instantly turned heel" tonight, he has not been turning heel for weeks and weeks.

Dave? :haw:

Also, this whole Impact thing has me glued to this thread refreshing constantly which I've never done after Dynamite.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
I am pumped, 100% on board, and might even possibly maybe watch Impact next week... Maybe

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh you know what else was a great spot, when Hangman was hanging out with the Dark Order and they were giving each other thumbs up and they loving helped him not fall down. Hangman gets real friends is the start to 2021 that I need.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ItohRespectArmy posted:

this is an insanely big if but IF this is AEW buying out TNA to run as a developmental brand it's actually pretty genius, you already have a small fanbase in place and a middling mens roster and an incredible womens roster, almost everyone on the AEW roster has some kind of history with TNA and they can use that to run storylines, they can acknowledge peoples TNA title reigns and more importantly IMPACT would not feel like a B show, it would be a separate thing.
agreed in the sense that more people watch Dark than IMPACT

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krbl911ZPBA

Kenny Omega is your new champion.
That's good!
It was with help from Don Calis.
That's bad!
He still wailed on Mox with 4 V-Triggers and the whole match was perfectly fine.
That's good!
It's part of an invasion angle and Kenny will appear on TNA this Tuesday.
That's bad!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Tune into IMPACT to see the size of Kenny's shiner

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

yea ok posted:

if I can be serious for a moment: i thought the match was pretty sloppy and possibly bad given the expectations but i thought the mic shot + v trigger spam into mean kenny winning & the locker room all hating him was sick. i don't give a gently caress about impact but aew has the benefit of the doubt where "wait and see" is a viable option instead of a meme. therefore, 5/5 you have my axe

:agreed: for the most part

That backhalf of the match was picking up in a good way, and while the ending angers me it very easily did so in a "gently caress Kenny Omega" kinda way. So, successful.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ItohRespectArmy posted:

kinda like jumpstarting a brand split because you want to run two shows with your giant roster and have separate discrete places to run certain storylines

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

jesus WEP posted:

agreed in the sense that more people watch Dark than IMPACT

true but AEW could probably get them on a real tv network again

smarxist posted:

kinda like jumpstarting a brand split because you want to run two shows with your giant roster and have separate discrete places to run certain storylines

im pretty sure vinces plan in 2001 was to run WCW as its own show but he ended up scrapping it for smackdown.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MorningMoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krbl911ZPBA

Kenny Omega is your new champion.
That's good!
It was with help from Don Calis.
That's bad!
He still wailed on Mox with 4 V-Triggers and the whole match was perfectly fine.
That's good!
It's part of an invasion angle and Kenny will appear on TNA this Tuesday.
That's bad!

The TNA will air on AXS TV.
That's bad.
Can I go now?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
On the one hand I don't like the idea of Mox and Kenny just trading the title. On the other, if Mox doesn't get revenge I'mma be legit mildly peeved online about wrestling booking.

Also, incredible heel turn tbh.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

God drat can we give it up to the man Jon Moxley? He carried the top spot in the worst possible conditions and got some great matches and my feud of the year with Kingston. Not bad for his first title run in AEW...CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM BECOMING THE FIRST 2X CHAMP

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It's going to be nuts if AEW is able to pull off an invasion angle or team up with another wrestling group while WWE botched the biggest potential invasion of all time in such spectacular fashion many years ago.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shard posted:

God drat can we give it up to the man Jon Moxley? He carried the top spot in the worst possible conditions and got some great matches and my feud of the year with Kingston. Not bad for his first title run in AEW...CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM BECOMING THE FIRST 2X CHAMP

Yeah, for real. Dude deserves some time off.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/TheDonCallis/status/1334335109139456000

Lol

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I wonder what The Rascalz are thinking right now?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

On the one hand I don't like the idea of Mox and Kenny just trading the title. On the other, if Mox doesn't get revenge I'mma be legit mildly peeved online about wrestling booking.

Also, incredible heel turn tbh.
aew's gonna draw some ppv bucks from you over the next year if you want mox to fulfill his revenge

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
If Impact pops a good rating this Tuesday I don't want to hear anybody question Kenny's placement in the WON Hall of Fame ever again

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shard posted:

If he doesn't, Tony Khan is only 10,000 times better than Vince rather than 10,000,000 :colbert:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
lmao

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0EshcB1NnM&ab_channel=AllEliteWrestling

Tony answering questions

"'Did AEW fuse with Impact?' No. ....I asked the same question backstage, and no."

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Mox had so many drat iconic moments, I'm pretty sure him choking out Brodie was my favorite moment of the year

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Coaaab posted:

aew's gonna draw some ppv bucks from you over the next year if you want mox to fulfill his revenge

I mean I literally buy every AEW show anyway so....

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Alaois posted:

I'm just trying to imagine your posting if KENTA had actually shown up

I mean, I never for a second thought Kenta had anything to do with this because I've never thought for a second Kenta vs. Moxley is happening. I have never thought Moxley was working WK15 and I have never thought, when he eventually does get back to NJPW, it's to have a match with Kenta. I think Kenta's dropping the briefcase before then, maybe to ZSJ.

I will say though, for as much as I have no use for him in the ring, I love his twitter game.
https://twitter.com/KENTAG2S/status/1334099052946853889
https://twitter.com/KENTAG2S/status/1334338934147452928

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Yeeesssssss

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1334340166844993536?s=20

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Moxley for WON wrestler of the year

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yaya posted:

If Impact pops a good rating this Tuesday I don't want to hear anybody question Kenny's placement in the WON Hall of Fame ever again

lmfao unquestionable

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am such a big fan of heels getting out of dodge that as pointless as I think working with TNA is I still loved the ending because of the visuals. (It's also not a bad idea since on AXS TNA can never really capitalize on any cross promotion so AEW will benefit more if they have any ideas for this at all.)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

kenny has convinced me to watch impact, god loving damnit.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

smarxist posted:

Mox had so many drat iconic moments, I'm pretty sure him choking out Brodie was my favorite moment of the year

Ok gently caress it - favorite Mox moments of 2020.

Punished Mox.

Stealing the car from Jericho

Winning the title

Being booked like the best in the world

Getting the bulldog choke over

Convincing me MJF had a chance to win

Still having the car from Jericho

Everything he did and said with Eddie Kingston

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Is Sami Callihan still at Impact? Him and Mox have history.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

I am such a big fan of heels getting out of dodge that as pointless as I think working with TNA is I still loved the ending because of the visuals.

I agree with this man despite my being Mox Mark #1

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

I wonder what The Rascalz are thinking right now?

Probably "Uh, what happened to Trey?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Definitely a shitload of AEW chatter on my twitter timeline after that show