Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

AEW won't ever reach its full potential until they get the video editing capabilities to make Tiny Taz a reality within the universe of the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

The Berzerker posted:

just a little Wednesday hehe for you all, no offense

:iceburn:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Berzerker posted:

lmfao

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I already have a meme about me in the Games forum here!!!!!! I don’t have the strength to handle a second ahhh!!!!!!!!!!

But you did nail it!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

xbilkis posted:

AEW won't ever reach its full potential until they get the video editing capabilities to make Tiny Taz a reality within the universe of the show

They already do. It's called 'have Taz on-screen'.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Did Max Caster typically work face or heel prior to AEW?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Berzerker posted:

:perfect:

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Kenny referring to Don as his dad last night after saying his "dad" could beat up Moxley's dad a few weeks ago was a nice touch.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Virgin Don Callis vs The Chad Don West

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

ChrisBTY posted:

They already do. It's called 'have Taz on-screen'.

It's not enough. I need him 1/4th of human scale.

Was toying with Tiny Taz avatar options if anyone is interested:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stavros

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cyberpunk unlocks at 6 central. AEW starts at 7 central.

*man sweating over two buttons meme*

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Huntman posted:

Kenny referring to Don as his dad last night after saying his "dad" could beat up Moxley's dad a few weeks ago was a nice touch.

Who is Ambrose’s dad anyway

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Jordan7hm posted:

Who is Ambrose’s dad anyway

idk anything about his dad other than mox was notoriously prickly abt talking about his childhood/upbringing until really recently i guess so i was shocked he cut that kinda promo and i do wanna know more lol.

like, didnt mox get REALLY really closed up when he was on stone cold's show and austin asked him about growing up?

e: might have misread the tone of your post op but regardless ive been thinking this ever since mox's "one of the good guys" promo

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Shard posted:

I feel like "watch dynamite" and "delete buggy game" can both be pressed though :hehe:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The Berzerker posted:

And with this ICR had the leverage to get a match against Cody for the TNT title.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Make your favorite AEW wrestlers in cyberpunk. That's the answer

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I can't find an Impact thread with recent posts. Did Impact have any meaningful ratings bump?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

I can't find an Impact thread with recent posts. Did Impact have any meaningful ratings bump?

They did 50k or so on Twitch where they usually do like, 3-4k.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ganso Bomb posted:

the twitch viewer count was like... 25x more than usual apparently, so

ok i overestimated but still. it was a bump

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

dromal phrenia posted:

I didn't know that about Hager and Lucha Underground, the idea that this guy is an Aztec god is really hilarious. Was this a possession thing, like whoever is Aztec champion becomes an avatar of a god?

It was probably a possession thing, but they never fully explained it.

Earlier on in the show, they explained that Matanza Cueto was Dario's brother possessed by a god. Then at some point they introduced a magical gauntlet and gave it to Brian Cage to make him stronger with him unknowingly being gradually possessed by another god. Only he was too strong (or possibly not human) and rejected it before losing said gauntlet.

By the fourth season, they were going full ham on gods showing up. Karrion Kross was the "White Rabbit" that Paul London and his druggy friends worshiped. Taya Valkyrie got possessed in the final episode.

Hager, "The Savage" Jake Strong, showed up as just another guy, but proceeded to dominate throughout the season. Then they started to gradually reveal that he was a god himself. By the end of the show, he joined up with some of the other gods to prepare for whatever season 5 was going to be about with the reveal that the mastermind behind everything was a cigar-smoking Wade Barrett.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

We won't know the TV numbers until later tonight maybe tomorrow, showbuzzdaily is delayed today.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Some dark thoughts after the first half hour or so.

Danny Limelight is really fun to watch. The rope walk and the bounce between corner ropes were both fun spots. He’s got a great greasy heel personality too. I hope they do something with him.

Britt is hit or miss for me, but Marko’s song was really good. It’s cool that he got to show his singing talent on Dark.

I wish this was on Saturdays so I had a hope in hell of watching it before dynamite.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Waffleopolis posted:

Make your favorite AEW wrestlers in cyberpunk. That's the answer

I don't want to subject my favorite aew wrestlers to a machine designed to cause seizures though

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I Before E posted:

I don't want to subject my favorite aew wrestlers to a machine designed to cause seizures though
at least a few of them probably watch wwe

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jordan7hm posted:

Some dark thoughts after the first half hour or so.

Danny Limelight is really fun to watch. The rope walk and the bounce between corner ropes were both fun spots. He’s got a great greasy heel personality too. I hope they do something with him.

They've got a limited window to be doing something with Danny Limelight. I feel like once things open up a bit, New Japan have ideas for him as a featured player in their American junior heavyweights.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Has Sting ever given any insight as to how much he actually liked or hated the Joker Sting portion of his career because although he looks like he's having fun delivering that garbage in the gifs I see he also somehow simultaneously looks like he's dying inside with every word so I feel like it could go either way

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Gavok posted:

It was probably a possession thing, but they never fully explained it.

Earlier on in the show, they explained that Matanza Cueto was Dario's brother possessed by a god. Then at some point they introduced a magical gauntlet and gave it to Brian Cage to make him stronger with him unknowingly being gradually possessed by another god. Only he was too strong (or possibly not human) and rejected it before losing said gauntlet.

By the fourth season, they were going full ham on gods showing up. Karrion Kross was the "White Rabbit" that Paul London and his druggy friends worshiped. Taya Valkyrie got possessed in the final episode.

Hager, "The Savage" Jake Strong, showed up as just another guy, but proceeded to dominate throughout the season. Then they started to gradually reveal that he was a god himself. By the end of the show, he joined up with some of the other gods to prepare for whatever season 5 was going to be about with the reveal that the mastermind behind everything was a cigar-smoking Wade Barrett.

lmao this owns, all of this is wrestling canon and should be relevant in other promotions :colbert:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Orange Carlisle posted:

Has Sting ever given any insight as to how much he actually liked or hated the Joker Sting portion of his career because although he looks like he's having fun delivering that garbage in the gifs I see he also somehow simultaneously looks like he's dying inside with every word so I feel like it could go either way

IIRC he really enjoyed it.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lamuella posted:

They've got a limited window to be doing something with Danny Limelight. I feel like once things open up a bit, New Japan have ideas for him as a featured player in their American junior heavyweights.

yeah, he's got star potential

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

dromal phrenia posted:

lmao this owns, all of this is wrestling canon and should be relevant in other promotions :colbert:

Tony Khan constantly calling Robert Rodriguez trying to get the rights to LU.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Who's the sami callihan of AEW? Hager maybe? They should learn from their new partners and let Hager cut a 25 minute promo about nothing that goes on forever. If trends hold, they'll get like 20 million viewers.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shard posted:

Not on console so no choice for me.

Delete the Sky
Apr 21, 2014

Ganso Bomb posted:

This week Impact was #96 in the demo with a .08 and 221k total viewers.
Up from #121 with .05 and 166k last week.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Delete the Sky posted:

This week Impact was #96 in the demo with a .08 and 221k total viewers.
Up from #121 with .05 and 166k last week.

Decent little bump.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pylons posted:

Decent little bump.

About as much as you can expect for a network no one has.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Orange Carlisle posted:

Supposedly he loved it as I have read a quote about how when he goes to England the fans will say they wish he was doing the Joker Sting character and he likes that.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Stealing gimmicks wholesale from movies is a proud wrestling tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

oh but seriously I posted:

Stealing gimmicks wholesale from movies is a proud wrestling tradition.

I mean, even for Sting specifically it was tradition at that point.