Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Pylons posted:

Is Sami Callihan still at Impact?

he's currently controlling ken shamrock via a phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pylons posted:

Is Sami Callihan still at Impact? Him and Mox have history.

Yes!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Impact needs to become are developmental so that impact can outlive wwe

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jon Moxley was so good a champion that I have genuinely forgotten that Jericho was the first.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shard posted:

Ok gently caress it - favorite Mox moments of 2020.

Punished Mox.

Stealing the car from Jericho

Winning the title

Being booked like the best in the world

Getting the bulldog choke over

Convincing me MJF had a chance to win

Still having the car from Jericho

Everything he did and said with Eddie Kingston

You forgot literally the best one. Him flipping off Tazz as he choked out Cage and forced Tazz to throw in the towel.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Like, Hager was Mox's worst match. Did anything/anyone else come close?

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I really hope they don't have Sting wrestling

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Shinjobi posted:

Not even close.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

anthem is buying all elite wrestling

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You forgot literally the best one. Him flipping off Tazz as he choked out Cage and forced Tazz to throw in the towel.

Not choked out, he had him in a shoulder lock on the shoulder that kept him out of action for like three to four months.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Junpei Hyde posted:

Impact needs to become are developmental so that impact can outlive wwe

Can you imagine if TNA, the company too stupid to die, outlasts the company to evil to go on forever? I would love it

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

shamrock vs sting is now possible

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Lets face facts, Impacts going to outlive us all.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

I thought Mox vs. Cage was pretty weak but I give it a pass because of the angle surrounding it and it feels like that was where Mox finally found his champion character.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

karmicknight posted:

Not choked out, he had him in a shoulder lock on the shoulder that kept him out of action for like three to four months.

poo poo that's right, that was pre-bulldog choke. Still my favorite aside from Revolution.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

The important thing is that Schiavone can finally follow up on that angle from TNA way back when.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

karmicknight posted:

It was the torn bicep he had a hold on :eng101:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah, Kenny definitely "instantly turned heel" tonight, he has not been turning heel for weeks and weeks.

Sorry, "Sting debuts in AEW and one of their top stars cements his heel turn and steals the title to jump ship to TNA" is that better?

hope AEW steals most the womens division, The North, Chris Bey, Willie Mack, and Joe Doering from TNA.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

oh but seriously I posted:

shamrock vs sting is now possible

I take it all back, I'm officially on board with Sting.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I definitively understand being skeptical about an Impact partnership but I thought the match was great even with the commercial breaks. Also loved the ending visuals.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I've turned that ending over in my head, and I think I've concluded that it loving ruled.

I'm still not watching TNA.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

ItohRespectArmy posted:

kenny has convinced me to watch impact, god loving damnit.
i refuse b/c i'll read all about it in this discussion thread anyway

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Oh gently caress, are we going to get BTE bits filmed at Impact?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

wait Doering is in TNA now?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Can we ask appreciate how good they battle royal was? It was such a good showcase for so many people and especially Miro. He looked like an absolute killer

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

God drat yall wrestling. loving wrestling :). This is what WWE tried to take from us. This dumb happy feeling and talking the poo poo with your friends afterwards about what you liked and what you thought was dumb. 2020 has been a poo poo hamburger but AEW yall...AEW.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

hunnert car pileup posted:

he debuted last week I think

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

karmicknight posted:

Dango Bango posted:

It was the torn bicep he had a hold on :eng101:

this is how you can tell Foochs is shook by the Mox loss, needing to be fact checked on Mox-lore?? that would never happen in clear minded circumstances

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Can we ask appreciate how good they battle royal was? It was such a good showcase for so many people and especially Miro. He looked like an absolute killer

They advanced so many storylines. It was the best one they’ve done.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

hunnert car pileup posted:

Just debuted as Eric Young's heavy.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shard posted:

God drat yall wrestling. loving wrestling :). This is what WWE tried to take from us. This dumb happy feeling and talking the poo poo with your friends afterwards about what you liked and what you thought was dumb. 2020 has been a poo poo hamburger but AEW yall...AEW.

Yeah this is Monday Night Wars type "did you see what happened on AEW?" stuff.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If it's just on twitch I'll watch impact who cares it's like an hour or two whatever.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

The more I see Miro wrestle in AEW the more I want to see him wrestle in AEW.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The Last Call posted:

Lets face facts, Impacts going to outlive us all.

the original company folded and it also changed its name but TNA is not a wrestling company so much as a kind of sociological virus which cannot be destroyed

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

AEW is trending heavy on social media. Like explosivo said, I’m seeing a ton of chatter about what happened tonight.

Overall, this is for the best with wrestling. There doesn’t need to be some stupid as gently caress war between fan bases where you gotta protect and STAND UP for one and rip apart the others.

You don’t want to revitalize Impact. Or WWE. or NWA. or AEW.

You want to revitalize wrestling. Help it survive longer and make it relevant somehow.

This is a leap of faith move and a big gamble but poo poo, everybody wins here. Tony is gonna get what he wants out of this. So will Impact. Hell, this is maybe the way to get the NJPW/AEW relationship restarted since Impact and NJPW are tight.

I thought tonight’s episode was decent overall. Wrestlers in different promotions are talking about tonight. It has big eyes on it.

The landscape of wrestling really did just start changing tonight. Little moves, but could bring big results and new eyes and chatter.

I’m here for the ride. I am loving HERE for the betterment of wrestling starting now!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ICR posted:

AEW is trending heavy on social media. Like explosivo said, I’m seeing a ton of chatter about what happened tonight.

Overall, this is for the best with wrestling. There doesn’t need to be some stupid as gently caress war between fan bases where you gotta protect and STAND UP for one and rip apart the others.

You don’t want to revitalize Impact. Or WWE. or NWA. or AEW.

You want to revitalize wrestling. Help it survive longer and make it relevant somehow.

This is a leap of faith move and a big gamble but poo poo, everybody wins here. Tony is gonna get what he wants out of this. So will Impact. Hell, this is maybe the way to get the NJPW/AEW relationship restarted since Impact and NJPW are tight.

I thought tonight’s episode was decent overall. Wrestlers in different promotions are talking about tonight. It has big eyes on it.

The landscape of wrestling really did just start changing tonight. Little moves, but could bring big results and new eyes and chatter.

I’m here for the ride. I am loving HERE for the betterment of wrestling starting now!

This is true, and it's all thanks to my hero, Kenny Omega.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Kenny Omega storyline buys his own promotion in Canada in Impact because AEW disrespected him or whatever, maybe thats where this is going.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aye Doc posted:

this is how you can tell Foochs is shook by the Mox loss, needing to be fact checked on Mox-lore?? that would never happen in clear minded circumstances

This post tells no lies tbqh.

I'm going to be very slightly shook/paranoid until Mox wins Big Plat again. I still have WWE-related PTSD re: his post top run booking, even though AEW has built a ton of good will wrt booking.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Shard posted:

This. Say what you want but one owner wants wrestling to only exist in a little bubble. One wants wrestling to grow outside of that bubble.

I’m all in baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Err, Impact and NJPW are tight?